MU's opinion of the best pop-alt band from 95-2000?

MU's opinion of the best pop-alt band from 95-2000?

I would argue that no band had a stronger collection of radio singles in the second half of the decade

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8C5NLfYdZaE
youtube.com/watch?v=WpipsIIGp-8
youtube.com/watch?v=Cy1LdAaGASw
youtu.be/1FuPXcsYa3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know what pop-alt is. Is it similar to poptimism or popkino or pop-rock?

Tell Me Where It Hurts is one hell of a song, do they have more like that?

the singer is into watersports and i want her to pee on me

sort of

youtube.com/watch?v=8C5NLfYdZaE

It's pop rock during the tail end of alternative rock heyday from 95-2000. The OP pic gives a reverse search of "Goodbye Mr. Mackenzie", who apparently made pop rock if RYM is to be trusted.

In fact, Radiohead meets the classification, technically.

fuck I'm sorry, I'm talking about Garbage, I thought everyone knew who they were

I guess I'm old and the important bands of my formative years aren't important anymore

Worst time period for music

there are gems in every period

I definitely agree, but I think the mid 90s to early 00s was one of the first worst times for music. Lots of really awful pop and dance music nobody wants to remember, alt rock was turning shitty, nu metal and post grunge were on their way in.

youtube.com/watch?v=WpipsIIGp-8

Unironically a great song

all their hits are unironically good

t. nu mu

Damn straight

youtube.com/watch?v=Cy1LdAaGASw

I remember playing this song on Amplitude. Think I did a remix of it too. Good times

I still masturbate to the Stupid Girl video

abysmal taste

I lived through the late 90s. You were probably in a diaper shitting yourself. Simmer down, sparky.

Shirley was a fap goddess to any male born 1980-1985

'81
wipe the snot off your nose before replying to me son

:3

I think Shirley Manson is the best front woman of any female fronted band ever.

I'm also a huge Curve fan and I reject the whole "Garbage ripped off Curve" narrative. Superficial similarities but sonically a lot different.

Also I recently watched all of her appearances on The Craig Ferguson Show. She's the coolest woman ever.

youtu.be/1FuPXcsYa3Q

I want to worship her fishnet covered thighs

>The Craig Ferguson Show
YES! Ive always imagined that Craig shagged Shirley before and after every appearance. He did it for us that couldnt.

>tfw you stayed up and watched 4/6 of these live. Fuck I'm old.