What does Sup Forums think of video games as a 'hobby'?

What does Sup Forums think of video games as a 'hobby'?

I made this thread on Sup Forums asking why people like them care about video games well into their 20s

Simply put, the answers are nothing matters in life, no gf/no prospects, pure escapism, and only caring about themselves.

thoughts?

Good god what a bunch of self centered manchildren losers

This is the future

Still enjoy video games, I don't see the difference between this and my other hobbies I enjoy including camping, fishing, boating, atv trail riding and shooting.

Don't see how it's worse then going to the movies. Any hobby is degenerate if it consumes you to an unhealthy level.

are you married?

No but there are reasons not related to video games for that

I like autism simulators but to call it a hobby is sad.

Is it because you're a loser who can't attract women?

isn't the sole purpose of a hobby to ''escape'' from reality e.g. work? then what's wrong with gaming

Like any other hobby, it's great in moderation.

No

good hobbies are in some way productive and create value

I use it as an escape because I'm a depressed sack of shit.

I've been trying to cutback somewhat though, improve my diet, etc. It is an addictive hobby and arguably more destructive for a person than TV, but still something you can enjoy in moderation if it's what you enjoy doing. Just don't get sucked in.

i just make what i want if its legally and makes fun i dont give a fuck about other opinions

Ah, so then why aren't you married at 35? Why don't you have kids? What is wrong with you that you can't have these things?

just as bad as Sup Forums as a hobby.

if I were a NEET I'd fucking hate gaming, I only enjoy it because I work hard for the rest of my time

no that's work. if you are productive and create value at work and create a family etc. there is literally nothing wrong with playing a video game

>I've been trying to cutback somewhat though, improve my diet, etc. It is an addictive hobby and arguably more destructive for a person than TV
Same.

All I've played is Gmod and SFV. I stopped Street fighter and played Gmod all the damn time. I deleted it off my computer 2 days ago and need to actually learn things.

throw away your computer, the internet is even more addicting than games. The more I spend on Sup Forums the less attention span I even have to play vidya

He's probably divorced. Stop trying so hard.

>no, that's work
yes, and?

I don't see your point. You should be creating something like music, art, something that actually matters, not obsessing over speedrunners on Dark Souls or a fantasy football team.

That's incredibly subjective
I have friend who really into flying model planes and helicopters
These things range in the same price cd as some peoples cars, he flies them all the time, it's his hobby

It's not in anyway productive or creates value

It's a long story

>thoughts?

name a similar hobby that is more "respectable" and not ridiculed as yet another thing losers do to pass the time

>It's not in anyway productive or creates value
yeah, that's pretty autistic, then

having fun that has meaning instead of just having fun is a higher cause to strive towards

because everything you do that will help keep focus on important things are worth your time and if that is gaming for some then who gives a damn

btw im a bad motherfucker in BF:Hardline better not cross my way if your a nignog

would be extremely interesting to see development from 2006-2016.

>autistic
Do you even know what that word means?

It means having an interest that isn't fucking slags and clubbing apparently.

>playing bf after that shitshow that was bf3

>wastes money on model planes

I think everyone but you and your autistic friend can agree that yes, that is pretty autistic.

I'm LITERALLY autistic, I was this way before games, before the internet, I'm just defective.

I work as an engineer and I now realize the truth about technology. Every last bit of it is destructive to society. Even the stuff people claim has value. My job writing software is no better for the world than playing video games, and probably worse since I work for the military industrial complex.

People today don't realize that in the bullshit service economy, most *JOBS* are meaningless and degenerate. Every last bit of my study in engineering was just to help perpetuate the same degenerate America.

the Amish are the only ones in this country doing anything right.

It depends on the game. Is chess degenerate? No.. It's called wargaming and strategy. RTS are great for the brain and actually teach how to execute plans, assess risk, adapt and work within constraints.

He makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year doing almost nothing
I've come to the conclusion, no you don't know what autistic means.

dude hardline is sick
also my jimmy is rustled for BF1 potential for game of the year

is this your first day on Sup Forums?

Sup Forums is my video game. I can't afford a better computer

Yeah you mean
>we wuz ww1
No

I have a steady gf, had a decent sex life before that, make a decent living, live in a nice place and neighborhood and am can be social. But I prefer video games as my favorite activity. It's just an escape. Like watching a movie or reading a novel. I'm not looking to learn a new skill. Just to be distracted and to feel like I'm not me for a little bit. It's not that I'm depressed or sad. I just enjoy being a hero or out shooting someone else online.

Tl;Dr we do need another world war

your right.chess is one of the masterrace hobbys
ive even saw really hot and smart girls playing in a chessclub.one of them btfo me completely desu

well you're a clear minority here

In the Sup Forums thread I made, only one person essentially said the same thing.

Everyone else said nothing matters (aka they're losers and have miserable lives).

Infant-tier. I loved video games when I was 18, then I put my name on a lease. If I played a video game I would feel my life literally slipping away and I'm an alcoholic

21 here.

Barely play video games anymore, but sometimes when I'm bored I'll play Red Orchestra 2 or Battlefield 4 for an hour or two.

RTS games and building games are probably the only exceptions

I see this way: pretty much all modern entertainment is there to fill the time of the masses of peasants who have been long displaced from their calling of a simple life working the land due to industrialization. That's why fantasy games are so popular in the first place. Even a successful tech worker like me is unfufilled because deep down we know that all this artificial electrical shit is degenerate and worthless and we want to use our hands to sustain ourselves

to be fair only the biggest losers of all post on Sup Forums. Hell I'm autistic and I've never posted there in my life and never found it bearable

If it isn't a social game (read:played with people whom you have to communicate with) and you play more than 3 hours a week, it's degenerate as fuck

>>another world war

NO. the world wars are what got us into this shit. All the technologies and big corporations and expanded government power used to spread "freedom" around the world is because America destroyed Europe in the world wars.

The only fix is a collapse of the power grid, internet etc. and the nation breaking into smaller nations

Videogames aren't actually "fun". They are designed to be time-wasters that are not "not fun". They're the mental equivalent of fast food. Low-barrier of entry, and immediate satisfaction: turn switch on, turn brain off, receive stimulation. The user isn't actually actively participating as much as they think they are. No applicable skills are being developed. I used to have a videogame addiction because playing videogames was easy to do and the satisfaction they provided required no effort to achieve. I didn't have to leave my room, and navigate the stresses of real world. Thank god I stopped degenerate vidya and found something productive to do in my spare time (surfing). It's something I have found a true passion for and it provides great returns in my actual life (mental discipline, stress relief, fitness, friends, grils). My biggest regret is not doing it sooner.

Yeah 23 here and I pretty much grew out of it too, used to play fair bit as a teenager.

Still have friends who play a good bit, it's no worse than any other hobby. Except sports since there's also a health benefit to exercise

Dota 2 is pretty redpilled.
It shows you what people are for what they really are .
Nothing can elude the rage inducing struggle for victory.
The weak crumble because of their emotions and inconsistency.
As a hobby it can do i guess , but its very commonly turning into addiction.

not surprised, all these dumb phrases like "haters gone hate" or "yourself is the best thing you can be" combined with stuff like people being called out for "fat-shaming" or "slut-shaming" is developing a society today where people are unwilling to listen to criticism or change their negative behavior.

Everyone is told they are perfect no matter what they do

Why would you give a shit what someone's hobbies are? I'd say video games are above watching sports or TV in general, but below creating anything.

I haven't been able to truly get into a video game since I quit World of Warcraft years ago. I worked so hard inside that game that other ges just didn't compare. The only way I was able but get out is that thankfully blizzard keeps making their game easier so I don't have to spend all day on it to stay competitive. After that drive left me, I was able to move on easily. Now I play maybe 5-7 hours of games a week. Usually dota, csgo, or a souls game.

blizzard is a Jewish company and the epitome of why MMOs are degenerate.

I'm not even an anti-game crusader like OP but MMO's are by far the worst and usually when you hear of people whose lives were destroyed by game addictions, it was WoW

>you tried to convince them that no one will remember them after they died.
no one is going to remember you either, you retarded faggot.
the only valuable thing you could do, is not "have a family", not "make art", it's subvert the NWO from the kikes and make Sup Forums rule the world.

since the majority of people are way too stupid to make that happen, they play videogames.

Why do people post on Sup Forums well into their 20s?

Ever heard of fun, OP? You should try it someday.