/noiserock/: this is the second one

Hello.
It's that time again.

>what is noiserock?
Agressive music with allot of experimentation.

>where do I start?
I got buttfucked last time for my list so here's a new one:
Big Black - Atomizer
Sonic Youth - Confusion is Sex
The Jesus Lizard - liar
Rapeman - Two Nuns and a Packmule

>now what?
Frequent /noiserock/ until death.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X7k9fu3oPGI
youtube.com/watch?v=7tU2qL1su64
youtube.com/watch?v=0XhpXUt82zA
youtube.com/watch?v=5gJg7_FgVTI
youtu.be/3U6WD_Afh84
stapleheads.bandcamp.com/album/fuck-the-district-commissioner
youtu.be/K7L3ZlkJT8M
youtube.com/watch?v=SY49Qt9JSBw
youtu.be/o2s6H0zEtsA
youtube.com/watch?v=r51Zr524Dkg
electricalaudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67850
youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-8Q5sjayI
youtube.com/watch?v=j3f1TPVEiVc
beatroute.ca/2017/06/14/daughters-grind-noise-art-rock-always-car-crash/
youtu.be/Qfa-0644iRM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The mask is for the microphone
Cool

>Frequent /noiserock/ until death.
please no
the genre is fairly stagnant and spamming the general will create a pure shitpost containment thread ala /metal/ or /gg/ or /anyfuckingmugeneral/
1-2 a week is good, like /dark/ or /shugazi/
if this is made daily we'll all be calling each other nu males and some stupid shit like
>big black
will be a spammed meme

Good point, I'll sage
The last one was around for about three days though, so it hasn't been daily.

awesome album i found on youtube by accident. i've been playing it all week
youtu.be/X7k9fu3oPGI

Sweet

I kinda want noise rock to be the new thing on mu t b h.
It's kinda hard to descriminate in a genre defined by being against standards.

Reminder that the Velvets made the first noise rock recording

Have you found a DL for this

youtube.com/watch?v=7tU2qL1su64
last track
youtube.com/watch?v=0XhpXUt82zA
the whole thing
youtube.com/watch?v=5gJg7_FgVTI
not really noise rock but pretty out there for '54

Blue Daisies - Wilt is better than 90% of noise rock and precepted Cop Shoot Cop

Nobody cares, go suck your own cock

>starting with albinitrash
fuck off pleb

>the genre is fairly stagnant
also has a rich history which i say goes back into the 60s garage rock bands like index

link?

albini is good although entry level, whores would've been a better start or unsane or oxbow.

youtu.be/3U6WD_Afh84

>The last one was around for about three days though, so it hasn't been daily.
DL link?

stapleheads.bandcamp.com/album/fuck-the-district-commissioner

Albini is fucking essential.
It's a "where should I start" list.
Not a "this is my opinion of the best the genre has to offer" list.

B

HIDING YOUR ERECTION ON THE SCHOOLBUS

metal also goes back to the 60's
look at their threads

farthest back metal goes is like 68-69, noise rock had stuff in 66'

Were you the same one posting this in the sharethread

u cant find an album this good and not have a download for it

The guy on ihatethe90s blogspot has a link but you have to ask for it to be reuploaded.

Well metal was largely informed by Hard Rock which was all over the 60's, I don't know if you could say noise rock was codified till the late 70's early 80's, while Heavy Metal set many of their prevailing trends with pioneers like Black Sabbath.
Extremeshit (which is pretty much all /metal/ talks about) was codified around the same time as noise rock though, I'd say.
I don't think that Johnny Watson song I linked further up in the thread can be indicative of psychedelic rock or any future genre, it's just an outlier.
The point I'm trying to make is mainly that recurring threads shoudln't be constant or else they turn into a shitfest.
I also general should also accept harsh noise posters so they don't have to use their own rarely posted general to talk about the latest Vomitshit HNW cassette.
We should also make an essential noisecore chart besides 'straight' noise rock.
Maybe blackened noise/war metal too.

yes why

I just thought someone else listened to it and decided it was good enough to post here.

>Maybe blackened noise/war metal too.
so you want a /noise/ thread that covers all genres involving noise which includes electronic/rock/experimental/jazz?

Nothing wrong with /metal/

holy fuck user, i cant thank you enough, i'm loving this too much, it's so explicitly gay and erotic

chartnigga reporting in from last thread, keep on giving me albums to listen to.
i plan on creating an informative, easy to understand chart showing which albums to start with, listen to and branch out from. i want it to be more updated and with more obscure bands so that its different from the charts we already have right now. hmu with some albums lads. actual chart wont be ready for a while because i have to listen to ALOT of albums, but either way keep them coming

cows - daddy has a tail
six finger satellite - severe exposure
us maple - long hair in three stages
daughters - hell songs
ex models - zoo psychology
health - self titled
white suns - sinews
no trend - too many humans
mainliner - mellow out

you sir are a gentlemen, thankyou very much for the recs

Amplifier Worship isn't noise rock
put Cop instead of Filth

updated, i just need something to replace amplifier worship

Ultimate Purity - Rectal Hygienics

np, thanks for working on the chart. forgot to add laddio bolocko - life and times of

updated, along with some more album covers. keep em comin boys

added :), also np man. im /gd/ and /ic/ (newfaggy) as well so hopefully i can make the chart look nice

Todd - Big Ripper
Whores. - Ruiner.
No Balls - Come Clean

cheers bud! love the more new stuff. with all this "fix Sup Forums" shit coming up i think we just need to update some charts and put more effort into actual music discussion.

While i'm at it i'll give all the recs worth checking out I can think of
Today is the Day - Willpower
Blind Idiot God - s/t
White Zombie - Soul-crusher
Twin Stumps - s/t
Shellac - At Action Park
maybe change that Brainbombs album for Obey or Burning Hell instead

/bleep/ is pretty talked down upon

what about Midori?

arent they more postavant jazzcore?
haha kidding mantheyre great, would you say Hello Everyone would be better? i prefer shinsekai, but its not about that, just what is most generally considered to be better
cheers bruv!

i've been recording at electrical audio (steve albini's studio), so now i can talk bout noise and posthardcore and you can't disagree what i say

Please love my KEN mode.

Reccomend me some good noise rock woth lot of gain, possibly close to harsh noise, I loved this album : youtu.be/K7L3ZlkJT8M

Les Rallizes denudes.
and if you want it REALLY REALLY loud check out youtube.com/watch?v=SY49Qt9JSBw and the rest of the album

Anyone else fucking obsessed with throbbing gristle

thanks user that's perfect! I also like noise pop a lot, anything simmilar to this: youtu.be/o2s6H0zEtsA ?

dont know too much about noise pop sorry dude, best i could come up with was this youtube.com/watch?v=r51Zr524Dkg
either way i hope you enjoy!

Is Death From Above 1979 good noise rock?

yes

Can we turn this into an /experimental/ general?

Basically anything that is more out there is in, anything too safe is out. IMO there's not a lot to say about noise rock without it getting boring.

Either way good luck with this general.

Monks is more garage rock than noise rock, but I do see what you mean. That Space Guitar shit was awesome though

We could have both and be nice to eachother

yes, but emphasis on "good"
they're not great

FOR THE SECOND TIME

For Noise Rock: Atomizer>>>>>>>>>>>>>Song About Fucking

Atomizer is way louder and abrasive and is more essential and a better intro to the genre/band and to Albinicore.

Albini will make fun of you in his next album.

How is Yank Crime not on there?

I guess reading the OP again you actually changed it. My bad I assumed from the picture that you didn't. Still though SAF shouldn't be the face of Noise Rock under most circumstances.

But, songs about fucking is also important; because of how popular it got.
It's a staple in the genre.

Are you ?

didn't Albini get into a really bad accident recently? had to cancel a Shellac show

No, that was a while ago.
I think I was in the thread you were in;
"musicians who where bullied in highschool".

Well I fucking hope not.
I don't know, I prefer the one album per band approach, and if I had to choose, easily Atomizer as the better candidate for essential noise rock. It's just way noisier than SAF that going with SAF feels like a very strange choice.

>Are you?
Yeah sorry I meant to quote that guy. I haven't listened to any KEN mode.

Daughters - Daughters
Girl Band - The Early Years
Death from Above - YAWIAM (maybe not sure if it's noise Rock enough)

nah, i wasn't in that thread and the archive is down.
the bike accident happened last week electricalaudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67850

Depends on the exact time that it was released, Symphony of Sound might've been before or the same year as BMT. However, BMT isn't really noisy enough

>It's just way noiser than SAF.

It's more darker and thought out than SAF. The guitars on SAF sound like jangly chainsaws for fuck's sake.

Go to the RYM pages for the no cover art albums and copy the image address from there so it doesn't look bad, unless you're doing that at the end. Also try and get The Velvet Underground - A Symphony of Sound on there

>sound like jangly chainsaws
You say this like it's a bad thing

Black Blues Electric, not Acoustic

I kinda like Atomizer better but I still love SAF. It's just that even someone doesn't think Atomizer is better, it's kind of hard too see how he wouldn't think it's the better Noise Rock album anyway which is the subject of this thread.

It's not. I would love to hear Atomizer with SAF guitar tone.
Lungs is the best anyways (jk)

I like Lungs. Classic Albini. Kinda wish he made more of that.

Steve hated it tho. It sounds very synthetic which was okay, but they really bringed the songs to life while playing them live. Dead Billy on Pigpile is way more brutal than on Lungs.

I like it because it's minimal.

You would love Throbbing Gristle then.

added thanks boys, sorry im an ausfag so ill be going to bed, ill add all that get posted when i wake up tomorrow morn, thanks guys :)
this isnt going to be the final chart, this is all just albums that i am going to listen to/ consider for an informative chart, but yeah i plan on getting all good quality covers for the final edit

i'd say yank crime is more post-hardcore though. good night user

night bruv. should i create a trip so youse all know who i am? i dont know too much on tripfaggotry so i have no idea what i should do in regards to that

Sleep tight.
Alot of post-hardcore is also noise rock tho. Some consider Atomizer to be post-hardcore.

up to you m8. i used to trip when making these charts

alright, maybe i will when i actually start the chart, this is 100% my last post for tonight; night lads

true, there's a lot of overlap between the two. would add mclusky and black eyes as well then

Les Rallisez Denudes?

I like Strung Out Deeper than the Night personally

Not to be a pedant, but the 1989 Soul Discharge>1999 Soul Discharge. 1999 adds three tracks that slow the flow. To compare:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-8Q5sjayI
youtube.com/watch?v=j3f1TPVEiVc

Anyone else hyped for new Daughters album later this year?

source??

Why can't 70% of people spell ''Les Rallizes Denudes'' correctly? You don't even need to use the cool ''é''. I mean I'm guilty of that too, at first I called them Les Rallizes Denuedes.

What is this phenomenon?

He said in this interview he hopes it will be out later in the year
>beatroute.ca/2017/06/14/daughters-grind-noise-art-rock-always-car-crash/
Also there they have a new song that they played live a fee times
>youtu.be/Qfa-0644iRM

hyped. yeah, i talked to lex recently and it sounded like they had some news coming up soon

It isnt even real french so we cant be expected to spell it properly.

Fun - Zun pa
Nisennenmondai - Neji/tori
Skoal kodiak - Kryptonym bodliak

Don't knowing you use instagram but they update there account there quite often with new information and old images of them selves live, I'd get it followed if you wanna stay up to-date