Trying to quit bad nicotine addiction for the sake of my health. Any tips for not having the urge...

Trying to quit bad nicotine addiction for the sake of my health. Any tips for not having the urge? As soon as i wake up until the time i go to bed i always have it in my body, and a day without it is hell.
Any advice Sup Forumsros?

have you thought about a nice healthy replacement like heroin?

if you cant stop at this current moment, you will never stop gl bro

Stop being a pussy, I'm just about to go buy another pouch. What brand would you recommend?? I normally get pocket edition or Winfield reds

Why quit and not just reduce it to like 1-3 cigs a day? We're all going to die one day so you might aswell just do what you enjoy.

What i did is switch to a vaporiser then quit the vaporisers because they arnt very enjoyable.

ya chew gum and start exercising. You'll get uncontrollable cravings regardless of what you do, best tough it out. It'll go away after a few months, getting better with every passing day.

LSD

Both of these are excellent suggestions

also what some of my friends do is not smoke at all until they go on holiday, but try reducing amount slowly over time :)

Instead of imagining yourself waking up and smoking a cigarette, imagine yourself waking up with an oxygen tank strapped to your face for the rest of your life.

Seriously, how much motivation do people need? what.the.fuck.

Have actually had a lot of luck with the gum.

It might sound insane but go away hiking. Get some gear together and just fuck off for a while. Climb some easy peaks, preferably in the wilderness. The exercise keeps your mind busy and it tires you out. Three days out is all you really need.

fap to traps all day

in all seriousness, bro: Vape.
I haven't had a cigarette since January and I've stepped the nicotine level down from 18mg to 6mg, and 3 is my next step before dropping the nicotine altogether

I'd go for the cold turkey approach. I smoked for 23 years - well over half my life. By the end I was 20-30, plus doobies.

Quit tobacco cold turkey by

4 litres cranberry juice per day for first 5 days.
Weed pipes.
Little bit of cocaine.
Quite healthy grazing snacks.
Bubblegum.

Did the job.

It's not like the motivation isn't there you know, there still is the addiction that rules you

replacing oral fixations is an effective way, either OP starts chewing gum, hard candy (kiss your teeth goodbye) or starts sucking cock.

> 4 gallons of crandberryjuice
>Weed
>CRACK COCAINE
>nuts
>gum

Then get on a smoking cessation programs. there are counselors that can help with that.Being a non smoker, I cannot feel empathy. And since smoking is a choice,it's even harder to to be sympathetic.

OP here,

I have been cutting down alot, and believe it or not i actually stopped cold turkey a couple months back until i got caught up with friends that did smoke, we were all talking and then i just decided one time isnt gonna hurt since i quit.

Got back home, found the couple that were left in my dresser and thought that these wouldnt lead me back into it again either. Well now im here..

On the topic of vaping, i actually did start a month ago. I gotta say i can feel my lungs feel better and i stopped cigarettes all together. It's just the fact that the nic level in the juice is so high, my body built a tolerance to almost 32mg nic, and now i only get a buzz from it in the morning.

The idea of hiking sounds good actual, as well as all the other ideas. Im going to start cutting down on the nic levels in the vape though. Once i get down to 12 or 8, i might just stop cold turkey there to prevent myself from dragging this out any more then i should.

On the topic of motivation - trust me, it's there. but like said, once the addiction has a hold of you, it's so hard to get out of it's grasp. It becomes a part of your life and you feel as if it's a necessity. As a side note, i smoke weed to, and every time im high and i vape, i ask myself why i even do it... until the morning hits and that craving is there again. I might just stick to weed tbh, less harm on your body and some health benefits

If you have medical insurance, ask your doctor to prescribe you Wellbutrin. It makes tobacco taste absolutely horrible and it makes it insanely easy to quit smoking. Also, eat sunflower seeds while quitting. It really helps with the hand to mouth thing. I quit this way and haven't had a smoke for over 5 years.

Get some really good bubblegum and mayb some nicotine gum, (not the same thing dont use together [i.e. Suck on the nicotine gum, dont chew it and when ur done sucking, spit it out and pop in some bubblegum.
MIJ?

Hey Sup Forums, could you lend me some money?

Just accept you're addicted. And when you think about smoking, don't try and deny it, just let it slide. It'll take a couple of minutes but eventually it'll pass. The more you say to your self, that you shouldn't think about smoking, the more you actually want to smoke. And when the urge is too much, then go for a walk, or do something that will take your focus off smoking.

samefag here, i actually tried this out, and i went from 20 to 5 cigs a day.

Remind yourself of wanting to quit whenever you find yourself smoking.
Consciously put the cig out and do something else.
Sooner or later you will be pondering to light it at all, to avoid the realization, that you've failed again.

Get a vape. Yes, it's not the same as smoking. No, the nic buzz isn't as strong. Ease yourself off it. Instead of smoking a pack a day, smoke 10 a day and vape in between. The difference between smoking 5 a day and a pack a day is huge.

try dis op. I thought vapes were gay but I got a juul vape and I havent smoked a cig in 6 months after smoking about a pack a day for 3 years. the juul has like 50mg of nicotine in it, its a great buzz honestly I take like 4-5 hits nd I feel like I smoked a cig. it has a satisfying amount of vape or cloud or whatevs I'd really recommend it. other than that just realize smoking cigarettes is a fuckin weak mans drug and you dont even get high or anything you just feel like you need it untill you smoke it then that feeling goes away for a couple hours but once you quit for like a week you wont even have the urge to do it or I didnt at least but thats my 2 cents im leaving this thread now bye gl

How much are you smoking?

not him but uh, crack and cocaine aren't the same.

As an aside i quit with Chantix. Smoked a pack and a half for over twenty years and boom... quit. Still can't believe i'm a non-smoker.

I used to not smoke atall unless I smoked some weed first. Then, I moved and my best friend who I buy weed off of lives 45 minutes away.
I only get like 4 grams every month or two. It sucks. I picked up smoking cigs heavily but slowed down after a while. Only smoke 2-5 a day now.
Man...I need some fucking weed badly.. This sucks dick T_T

crack is just freebase cocaine, so it can be vaporized. that's basically the only difference.