College Thread!

College Thread!

Anyone go to a decent school here? What's your major, future plans, etc.

Go to USC studying CS. Got a pretty good internship rn, probably gonna work here full time after i graduate this year

How is USC?

Really dope. I transferred from a tiny school with no pride so its a major step up. Plus im in the marching band, so the football season and partying is pretty top notch

CS always seems like it was a boring thing to study at university. It also seems like you can learn it without a degree, and that employers don't really care about the degree but just care about your skills. What do you think about it?

Columbia Graduate. Shit job prospects if you dont do coding or premed (Philosophy/History major). Elite Colleges are a rip off for the price tag

>>use band
Yay how was the Rose parade?

RIT, computer engineer upperclassman. please kill me

While i totally agree (i learned more in my first week at my internship than 2 years at uni).
My start up, research and internship came from the connections I gained from school. I certainly wouldnt have had the self discipline either

>6 mile march talking shit to penn state fans and highfiving SC fans
fucking great

I'm an incoming Yale Law student.

I majored in philosophy in college, and I had great job prospects coming out of college, I didn't take any of them because I'm going to law school instead, but I could have. I feel like this really depends on how well you do in your degree. What was your GPA at graduation?

That makes sense. University does open up a whole bunch of doors that you might not otherwise be able to open on your own.

This board is for the discussion of news, world events, political issues, and other related topics.

Off-topic and Sup Forums-tier threads will be deleted (and possibly earn you a ban, if you persist). Unless they are quality, well thought out, well written posts, the following are some examples of off-topic and/or Sup Forums-tier threads:

>Red pill me on X. (with no extra content or input of your own)
>Are X white?
>Is X degeneracy?
>How come X girls love Y guys so much?
>If X is true, then how come Y? Checkmate Z.

The variety of threads allowed here are very flexible and we believe in freedom of speech, but we expect a high level of discourse befitting of the board. Attempts to disrupt the board will not be tolerated, nor will calls to disrupt other boards and sites.
All bullshit writing aside. I think the wish whatever it may be will be the used for the next arc.

Not the gay angel subplot you guys want.

Also ash wins the pokemon league when?
If you want a place to discuss topics not related to news, world events, or politics, please try /bant/ - International/Random,

I heard that place was a decent school, but also has like a 60% acceptance rate. How do you feel about it?

Fuck it was fun
>>lausd all city band alumni
Did you get any pins or patches from the parade or band fest?

This is pretty poorly written.

UO Grad.
Did undergrad here in psych, then went on to three years in a clinical setting. Just got into a program at UW for clinical psych.

I don't know what UO or UW are; those letters could apply to a lot of school. Can you expand?

>College Thread!
Good goyim! Get in debt for useless sheets of paper!

meh. pretty indifferent. it's somewhat self selecting as most people here are fucking dorks. but it's all good.

University of Oregon
University of Washington

Ayee, yeah all city is always great. And yeah, we got a pin, but i don't think any patches

why??

>Comp Engineering, Notre Dame

lol.

Just lol.

have fun working a register when you're 60. may be a rigged game but you still gotta play unless you want society to spit you out

Philosophy major having a job and Yale law?
>I'll take things that never happened for $800

Ah. Clinical programs are hard to get into - congrats, man.

Virginia Tech; Computer Engineering. I'm gonna get my masters in Robotics Engineering at some point. Work on Artificial Intelligence.

What time did you guys have to get up to head to the parade? I got up at 3:30 thankfully, but some people had to get up at like 2:00

Old Dominion Uni.
Double majoring in Computer Science and Cyber Security

Its an alright school

Yeah every one of you supposed Ivy League faggots can post admission + timestamp or fuck off.

Umm... no sweety. Traded biotech stocks immediately after high-school, and was able to finance a successful company with the profits.

>n you're 60. may be a rigged game but you still gotta play unless you want society to spit you out

They are hard because most people don't go in straight after undergrad. I applied right after, and it's not until looking at my current cohort that I realized I was competing with people that already had a masters or 5+ years of experience and publications.

kinda buns, 3.3, think thats a big part of it.

I mainly getting 2nd tier consulting and startup analyst offers 55-70k pay range.

This

Do any of your uni's have penis inspections? Mine does it all the time, and it is getting pretty annoying at this point.

I don't know how to prove the other stuff, but here you go.

I could show you my Harvard one too, if you like. But Harvard Law isn't actually all that impressive.

Im thinking of transferring to USC for astronautical engineering, im doing applied physics with pre engineering and a CS minor at Texas Tech now.

kek. don't major in philosophy kids

my friend has a PhD in philosophy. he is unemployed.

Yeah, a 3.3 will hold you back. As a general point, I hate when people talk about "college graduates" as if students with a 4.0 and a 2.0 have the same job prospects.

Still, 2nd tier consulting is a pretty good gig, and chances are you wouldn't have gotten it if you had a 3.3 from CUNY rather than Columbia.

I have been welding 6 years out of High School. Finally got enough money to go to University of Tennessee to pursue accounting. so excited.

Timestamp or not real

let me get this straight: you were smart enough to get into Yale, but not smart enough to get a STEM minor?

Why exactly would I get a STEM major if I have no interest in it, am not great at it, and it would make it harder to achieve my goals?

Why is that?

>Paying to get indoctrinated by Jewish SJW's
>no job waiting for you after you graduate as a nu-male

You literally just said you have no job prospects. CS Minor + Yale degree = automatic job anywhere but like New York or Silicon Valley.

UND, Majoring in Commercial Aviation fixed wing. The weather delays and cancelations you get are terrible, but it's an alright program.

>Just got into a program at UW for clinical psych.
Oh shit. I'm about to start applying for clinical psych programs. I'm scared as shit over how hard it looks. What was your GRE and undergrad research like?

>I majored in philosophy in college, and I had great job prospects coming out of college

....What the fuck are you talking about? The guy I was talking to said he had no job prospects, not me. I had great job prospects, but I declined them to go to law school.

Read my post again.

Carman 3... and it was the same thing 25yrs ago when I cane out of there. Don't worry: you'll find something, just not your dream job (probably).

incoming UNC chapel hill freshman. CS major

Transferring from a local community college to WMU. But hey, how in the fuck do you afford this shit? I don't want to take out $20k in loans.

For me it was a combination of scholarships and financial aid.

Unfortunately these things are usually only available at elite schools.