/mls/ + /ayy/

>Schedule
mlssoccer.com/schedule
a-league.com.au/results

>International
Jan 29 - USA v SRB 4 PM ET ESPN2

Other urls found in this thread:

foxsports.com/soccer/story/san-diego-mls-expansion-franchise-qualcomm-stadium-chargers-nfl-012317
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Premier_League
northernstartingeleven.com/canadian-premier-league-the-story-so-far/
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-kjoM2zVU
foxsports.com/arizona/story/phoenix-rising-invited-to-apply-for-mls-expansion-franchise-012617
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>perf

That is a picture I can get behind OP, good job

3rd for AFC Cuckold

soon

>are you ready for preseason, user?

doesn't start until February for >us
Still funny

Would San Diego building a stadium for the MLS and not the Chargers be the ultimate nail in the coffin for the NFL?

Nah, just Spanos.

Probably not. Spanos was a jew who wanted the public to pay for the stadium while the proposed mls stadium would be payed for by SDSU and the investors. Plus they're planning on making it expandable if the NFL ever returns.

foxsports.com/soccer/story/san-diego-mls-expansion-franchise-qualcomm-stadium-chargers-nfl-012317

>Only 15k tickets sold for the friendly
Doesn't bode well for their MLS chances

I dont live in SD, so I cant domuch

Reminder that if your city doesn't have a successful USL team then it has no business bidding for MLS

That didn't stop Minnesota

11 weeks until STL continues its winless streak against the next MLS team.

>tfw my 2017 fucking kicks ass
>Soon

Is the first Orlando the Mercedes-Benz opener?

>DURRRR BUT WHY DOESNT MLS PLAY IN THE WINTER THATS SO STUPID XDDD

Anyone who advocates for a winter schedule is an idiot

>this Cincinnati delusion

I still think it would be possible with some creative scheduling.

Not it wouldn't
You would fuck up the schedule so badly
And you'd take MLS out of their most profitable months
Anyone who thinks it's possible is lying to themselves

Jesus the liberalness is strong tonight on twitter
Are their any writers who are apolitical?

My big vision is to actually play October to August, so you wouldn't lose those months. Instead they'd become even more important because they'd be your playoff race.

>Bobby Dodd Stadium
what they playin there for?

So there's nearly unimportant games played in winter and you fuck up the transfer market and shit the winter schedule shills had a point about
So you found the absolutely worse arrangement possible

>"Waaaahhhhhhhhh!"

Take a winter break for the duration of the transfer window and then you disproportionately schedule winter matches in warm weather markets.
I'm not so arrogant as to think my plan is without flaws, but please, I've at least thought of those.

January isn't the big transfer market though
It's the summer one
The one you plan to have the end of the season
And you can't just schedule winter games in the South
It's not like it's balmy 70 degrees everywhere below the Mason Dixon line

If they want a personal account to spew that stuff that's fine
But I'm pretty sure like 75% of them don't have a favorable soccer to politics ratio in their tweet history

Looking at these MLS expansion profiles
Raleigh doesn't have a chance

calm down charlotte

Charlotte barely has a chance
It's probably Sacramento, St. Louis, and San Diego (provided no collapse of a stadium deal with those last two) and then whoever the league picks between Cincinnati and Tampa

considering that soccer is one of the most popular sports among progressives, you should either get used to it or stop relying on twitter for soccer news.

the mayor of nashville is proposing a soccer stadium
but is there really a fandom to back that up
i'd say it gonna be Sacramento, St. Louis, Detroit and then between Cincinnati, Tampa, and maybe San Antonio but its all a race to who get a stadium first

too many eastern conference teams.

there's more money in the west.

Good
Your shithole state will get nothing and like it

This year the orlando city sc, if play the playoffs of the MLS

ya i don't see anything happening in north carolina

>muh trannies
Stay mad

fuck you
if dallas don't take the cup this year im gonna fucking hurt someone

>implying

I am the single person advocating for an MLS expansion to New Orleans
This ain't political, your state just sucks

I forgot about Detroit
But I feel like it won't matter

We really need MLS2 badly
But the pussy owners won't allow it

>Louisiana talking shit

>Plus they're planning on making it expandable if the NFL ever returns.
They're planning on setting aside 16 acres within the Mission Valley site for a NFL franchise to build a football sized stadium should the League ever decide to return to SD. The stadium being proposed by FS investors would be have 30k seats, is intended to be used by a MLs team, and the SDSU football team and it is being negotiated whether or not it will be expandable up to 40k for higher attendence events, primarily for SDSU.

I do not lose faith, that this season the orlando city if play in the playoffs of Major League soccer

no they won't and that pisses me off
this league needs religation so teams have an incentive to to be better
i hate the "but thats not how american leagues play it" excuse for it too
it's not an american sport why are we playing it like it is

Not at all, but holy fuck, would it become the poster child scenario held up to demonstrate how unreasonable the NFL negotiates with communities.
Negotiations had been ongoing between Spanos and San Diego for 15 years, and they couldn't come to an agreement. Meanwhile, some savvy investors put together a plan, take it to city hall, and has everyone but soccer haters publicly supporting it within the timeframe of a week.
Its astounding how easy it is to get a supposedly unreasonable local government when they don't poor boy it, and present negotiations that go beyond "We're an NFL franchise. Start sucking."

>We really need MLS2 badly
Yeah it's called USL, why are you ok with screwing your own feeder league?

My family had season tickets to Chargers games for 38 years. I told my Dad not to renew our contract after the 2015 season. If SD gets an MLS team I don't know if I could afford season tickets, but I'd love to get some if I could.

i think he means it in realms of religation

I don't actually think relegation will do that much for quality
But it will be an interesting wrinkle

Because we need to the game to survive
The thing is no one in the lower leagues is really MLS ready
Probably a few more ready than others but most teams don't deserve a 3rd division tag let alone a 1st division one

A lower league owned by MLS where the teams operate at a MLS1 level
Basically a more professional USL
And no that's definitely not the NASL

This

pro/rel could work in a decade or two, but not right now. MLS just doesn't have the infrastructure and fan commitment for it.

What happens if they institute pro/rel and a team like the Sounders or Galaxy, two of the biggest money makers for MLS, get relegated and a team with a 3,000 max attendance gets promoted? It would cause big dip in revenue and attendance.

So you want every aspect of US soccer to be controlled by MLS and their NFL owners?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist so yes
MLS isn't perfect but what league is?
You guys take soccer way to seriously
You've gone beyond life and death

it's the best scenario for now.

euroboos may hate it, but the way MLS is structured has kept it alive and financially secure.

Detroit's plan just hit a real snag, the land proposed for their stadium is back under construction for a jail

>but the way MLS is structured has kept it alive and financially secure.
>2017
>billionaire NFL owners
>$100 million entry fee
Sorry I'm having a really hard time swallowing this koolaid you're drinking.

Not seriously enough from the looks of it

>detroit building a jail instead of a stadium
fucking kek

Eventually all the rules and controls that have kept MLS alive through the formative years will become more hindrance than help

We're not there yet, but it's probably not far off

lmao

The thing about soccer is that it's a sport
So if the NFL owners did control who cares?
It's not like that has an effect on society
It's just a sport

I have heard and seen on the Internet, there is a proposal to make a professional soccer league in Canada.

The Canadian Premier League
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Premier_League
northernstartingeleven.com/canadian-premier-league-the-story-so-far/
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-kjoM2zVU

Is this your attitude for every hobby you have?

I agree with I don't get the problem with sports owners owning multiple teams.

Paul Allen owns a basketball and football team.

Well, at least to me if I would like a professional soccer league in Canada.

The Detroit bid makes zero sense to me
You're talking about a city that already has four pro sports team that's already dying even BEFORE you consider just how broke it is.
What's appealing about Detroit at this point?
I'm still kinda surprised the Pistons didn't move away

poor people make great sports fans

foxsports.com/arizona/story/phoenix-rising-invited-to-apply-for-mls-expansion-franchise-012617

>phoenix is in the race
shit i forgot they were even a city
id love to play dive grass in a desert but i do live in dallas so what do i know

#MediaMarkets
Detroit is the 14th largest metro in the US, which is the largest without an MLS team, I think (2nd largest if the Miami deal falls through)

that's because the west is vastly overrated and all of the viable markets save Sacramento, San Diego and Las Vegas are accounted for

STLFC played a game there this past June, and it was like 110 degrees at kickoff or something like that, absolute madness

dallas has alot of 7pm games which is when the heat dies down
but im not sure how things would fare in phoenix
but they do have alot of mexicans so a team could work
nice pic btw

Sounds like it.

Can you imagine if they played the World Cup under such conditions? They'd never be trusted by the world again.

>*african athlete staring confidently*

we got this. #ouryear

if the usa had the world cup
where would the cup final be hosted
AT&T Stadium?
CenturyLink Field?
MetLife Stadium?
Gillette Stadium?

Fair enough I guess, but there's tons of competition and Detroit is a mess
If media markets were the only thing that mattered, there wouldn't be teams in Salt Lake City and Portland

The stadium where the Cardinals play has grass and is inside/shaded, so they could probably make it work there somehow

Cowboys stadium. Can't imagine a better spectacle that personifies America. Plus that screen would be pretty awesome for a world cup final

that's the kind of weather they have in...
wait a minute

Salt Lake and Portland date back to the era where MLS was just looking for any city that could/would support a team, much longer odds they'd get in if they were applying now

Id be more concerned in letting the rival that didnt make the playoffs for the 4th consecutive year in row take back a cannon.

Probably at JerryWorld, though they had the Centenario final at MetLife this past summer

>Soon

put some real grass on that field
holy shit dude as someone who live in dallas jerry fuckin jones would bump the prices up 1,000,000 times the price of a cowboys game

I'd take a smaller market that willingly supports its team over a bigger market that doesn't any day of the week.

That's the big issue with Detroit. It already has 4 sports teams and the city itself is a fucking mess.

Portland's fans are incredibly autistic, but they sell out every game.

Detroit already also has DCFC in the NPSL, and they seem rather more attached to them than to a potential pro team

i don't give a shit about a forced rivalry because we happen to be in the same state i hate galaxy and sounders way fucking more then i do dynamo
hell i hate Fabian Castillo way fucking more then then i do houston for fuck sake

>being this mad about losing the cannon

did you not read the shit i wrote
i dont care i care way more than i do about a stupid in state rivaly
i know houston hates dallas but dallas hates new york and detiot team more than we hate houston

*i care more about an mls cup

>worstern conference teams squabbling like little children

>being this mad about losing the cannon

meme fans

>leastern conference babbies can't even squabble because they haven't won a cup since 2008.