I have never listened to a single Beatles album (plz no bullies). Where do I start...

I have never listened to a single Beatles album (plz no bullies). Where do I start? Is there some flowchart or something?

just download their discography and start from the beginning, it's not very complicated

Don't

Pic related.

From Rubber Soul to Let It Be.

What kind of music do you like? Most people start with either Sgt Pepper or Abbey Road.

I'd recommend just going for the Stereo Box Set and the Mono Box Set from 2009. The first 4 albums (Please Please Me, With the Beatles and Beatles For Sale) sound better in Mono. After that there's debate over whether Stereo or Mono sounds better, and Abbey Road doesn't have a mono version. Also the stereo version of Past Masters (the non-album singles comp) is better and more complete. Sgt Pepper's just had a 50th Anniversary remaster that sounds great.

I'd say go with the following:

From the Mono Box Set cop:
>Please Please Me
>With the Beatles
>Beatles For Sale
>A Hard Day's Night

Stereo Box Set:
>Help!
>Rubber Soul
>Revolver
>Magical Mystery Tour
>The Beatles (The White Album)
>Abbey Road
>Let It Be*
>Past Masters (compilation of non-album singles)

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Aniversery
>2017 remaster

*Let It Be is kind of controversial as it was recorded before Abbey Road and was supposed to be an album called Get Back thas was The Beatles returning to their roots. The album never came to fruition and the master tapes were sent to Phil Spector. The album has been criticized by the bad themselves. Paul made a remix version called Let It Be...Naked in 2003 that is supposed to conform more to the band's intentions.

Hope this helps.

Skip Please Please Me, With the Beatles, Beatles for Sale. It triggers the rockists but those are weak shit albums with a handful of goods songs you can revisit later. Get everything else chronologically and in mono until White Album when you can switch to stereo and then get the rest in stereo. Make sure you get the Mono Masters singles comp and Magical Mystery Tour.

Is the earlier stuff (like With The Beatles) less important?

Pleb.

If anything those albums trigger the rockists more due to the abundance of cover songs. Please don't use the word rockist without knowing what it means.

all of them in order

I meant it triggers the rockists because it implies that the Beatles have shitty albums

Yep.

everything before Rubber Soul is less important but interesting to see how they developed

Being a rockist doesn't mean you like rock music or romanticize The Beatles. It has to do with autistic notions of "full complete cohesive albums" and "real music." Plenty of rockists loathe The Beatles.

A Hard Day's Night and Help! are both extremely important.

Except they're filled with shitty sterile rock n roll / R&B covers that offer nothing meaningful or original and just fill space rather than show development.

Exactly, which makes it more interesting that they developed into such a good band

>shitty sterile rock n roll / R&B covers
This is what plebs believe in

This but swap Abbey Road with Let it Be and delete "her majesty" from Abbey Road.

Thank me later.

Thank you all! I will listen to all the albums (including the early stuff) in order. For the mono/stereo debate I will decide later.

For their early material, I'd recommend getting their compilation "The Beatles 1962-1966".
If you're collecting their later material on vinyl, then I'd recommend getting a mono pressing of Rubber Soul. The stereo version of Rubber Soul I used to own didn't sound too good. All the instruments and vocals were either way to the left or way to the right. The recently released stereo version of Revolver sounds really good, but its the only version I've listened to. Every album after that sounds great in stereo.

If you want the very best versions of their albums, then I'd recommend visiting the Steve Hoffman forums.

Just go stereo, some of the later albums do not have mono version.

Revolver is great in stereo

Don't forget to report your opinion on each album later.

I'd say early stuff = mono. Rubber Soul from let it be = Stereo

their early albums are mostly bad

FYI Sgt Pepper had a 50th anniversary stereo remix a couple months ago and it's great, much better than original stereo and remasters and mono

Start with the White Album or Abby Road

Use mono until rubber soul m8

The main reason people suggest mono for the early albums is because they have vocals in one speaker and instruments in the other. On an actual stereo system it kind of makes sense because it increases dynamic (especially considering the recording technology of the early 60s) but most people on Sup Forums listen to music through headphones.

this

If you think Honey Don't, Kansas City, Words of Love, Chains, Roll Over Beethoven, Act Naturally, etc. have any redeeming qualities when compared to the originals you're delusional.

people that actually believe this should have their ear drums removed for being such plebs

I advise you start with Please Please Me and go through chronographically. It gives you a better appreciation of how far they stretched the boundaries, and all in seven years' time.

>Paul made a remix version called Let It Be...Naked in 2003 that is supposed to conform more to the band's intentions

more like *his* intentions

>delete "her majesty" from Abbey Road
they already did

*chronologically