>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFu9kR6cQOA
youtube.com/watch?v=9m37wO8Gwkg
youtu.be/KMqZUQUxyhE
vocaroo.com/i/s152nuRjZumI
youtu.be/nGv_7U0uvTM
youtube.com/watch?v=uSaTAGsIBEI
youtube.com/watch?v=bteY_fs3Y18
youtube.com/watch?v=HGI-2S67RzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just spent the whole morning practicing and feel like i accomplished nothing, 100% nothing.

similar feels?

youtube.com/watch?v=HFu9kR6cQOA

cant relate cause i only practice what i feel will work, good side of being undisciplined
what did you practice

Please tell me you have a little brother.

i dont

I'm rocking .58's on my swedish death metal guitar (B standard), but I'm getting some fretbuzz on the first fret with the bottom 2-3 strings
How much thinner can I go stringwise without making it floppy in B standard? Last set I bought was a 7 string set (tossed out the high E string). Is there another way to reduce fretbuzz on the first fret? I have tried raising the action on the bridge to infinity, but it hasn't helped a thing

Is your Mom holding the camera?

I practiced playing the harmonized 7 arpegios of a lydian mode over a chord and trying to impro over that.

maybe try loosening the truss rod a bit?

no its my old sista

HOLY SHIT LOOK WHAT TIME IT WAS

lol dubs lololol

I find it helps to learn one or two easy fun songs at the end of practice.

So its like: "hey I fucked up today. But at least now I can play the James Bond theme".

can i apply the same principle with riffs?

not really, it only works with famous themes

it has been tested scientifically?

Me too. I'm on day 3 now and the finger soreness is becoming less already. Just gotta keep it up.

I dont see why not.
My best friend, (who is much much much better at guitar) used to be really into thrash metal and I know he used to finish his practice session doing nailing a classic riff or two from one of his favorite songs. (Something like Megadeth's Hangar 18, or some Iron Maiden)

Its like a little treat after working hard I guess. Pretty much all practice is good practice right?
(He had a great sense for music though. Already played the clarinet classically so he had musical training already of sorts. Carried sheet music and tabs around everywhere. I guess it helps to develop a sense of ear using something you are already passively familiar with.)

Is it worth repairing broken gear for money?

i feel like it could be but shipping a guitar would be very expensive

As a guitar teacher, could I photocopy pages of instructional books that I've bought and give them to my students as study material, or would that be bad and wrong and evil?

I always find that sketcky
don't mean to fuck with something I don't know how to fix

if it's given for free there's nothing wrong with it

youtube.com/watch?v=9m37wO8Gwkg

rate my guitar playing

how can I improve?

They'd be paying for a guitar lesson.

use a funnier underwear

put on a shirt turn down the fucking gain

but the papers are given for free so its ok

yeah that's not an issue

review material is added bonus and then students would most likely lose the work sheet anyways

plus they have the option of buy the book if they like the material

plus my actual college teachers did this all the time

plus who the fuck would even know? someone would like have to report you to the writer and then they would have to file a copyright claim with their publisher vs you

over like a photocopy? lol

how do pros like this, practice timing and techniques
youtu.be/KMqZUQUxyhE

I've heard of cover bands getting sued for making money off copyrighted material...

>have a shit guitar day
>practice goes wrong, play like ass
>just dont feel it
>dont feeeel it
>at least I can play easy song X which I have played a million times
>tfw I fuck that one up too

At uni our tutors would give us photocopies from random textbooks and shit all the time to supplement our textbooks.
And I'm pretty sure none of it was properly licensed.
Then again, they did had custom published books that took bits and bobs from other books and stuck them together you could buy from the local book store specifically for the course.

I think legally (in the uk at least), its ok to photocopy things for educational reference, as long as you aren't counterfiting whole books and chapters for profit.

Other way to do it, is to give them a list of paid materials they could find and free alternatives. A resource list with the mandatory bits first (usually one of these could be found free from uni database or cheap second hand for a few quid) and then further reading second.

Lecturers had to make sure that even poor people like me could keep up. Usually with enough minimum content in the actual lectures so they would at least know what sort of areas to look into for research papers and exam revision.

Complicated stuff I know, but you can learn from the people who have taught you before. They know how to survive as professionals.

yeah you can sue anyone for anything in america

but no respectable person would ever sue someone who is teaching someone

just do whatever it takes to be the best teacher.

Ah buck up user. We all have good days and bad days.
You can always go do something else to make you feel less shit.
If it becomes a habit, of bad day after bad day, you might just need a break for a few days. Persue other things for a bit.

>this acutally happened to me
>took a deep breath and remembered it was all for fun
>started playing better
>then i got cocky and it happened again

rate my jazz shit

vocaroo.com/i/s152nuRjZumI

>be me
>back in the day
>monthly subscription to Guitar Player
>learn a cool pull-off piece from it
>can't wait to show my teacher
>lesson day
>my teacher is waiting for me
>there's a page of hand-written music on the stand
>"I wrote something new for you, user."
>it was the GP piece
>he could see the recognition in my eyes
>awkward
>found a new teacher after that

You and your students could watch Justin Guitar together. That would save paper.

I like the melody stuff better than the rhythm stuff.

why didn't he just write the piece backwards?

it's what i do when i steal stuff

the rhythm is just the rhythm section from coltranes equinox everything else im just soloing while maintaining some of the backing chords so it doesn't fall out of form

Recommend me an amp to upgrade from my current 10w practice amp, needs to be loud enough to gig and my budget is around 400 euros

I'm currently looking at the Fender Champion 100 and the Vox VT100x

ikr, so many ways to change it up

I'm looking at a Fender Blues Jr, but I've read terrible things about its stock amp. There's one I can buy in a nice wine red/blonde color for $545 with a Cannabis Rex speaker. On the other hand, I can get a used stock, black one for about $300 and a C-Rex separately for $85. Is it better to just buy the stock amp and change it or should I go ahead and buy the one with the C-Rex? I really like the color of the red one but I don't know if it's worth the extra $160.
I have no experience replacing amp speakers, but I have replaced head units and speakers in cars. It doesn't look that difficult.

Hi /gg/
I got me a Rickenbacker the other day.

That's a beautiful stock photo. How does it play?

Quite nicely, I still need some time to really get used to it though.

Play some songs by GIRLS

>You and your students could watch Justin Guitar together. That would save paper.
dont know if i laugh or if i cry

I think Japanese guitars are better than Mexican. Am I right?

They're better than american.

yes except that most of them are made of basswood

That cover over the bridge, does it just pop off? Thinking back, I had a Strat clone that came with a cover for the tremolo bridge. I can't remember ever seeing a real Strat so equipped. Anyway, nice snag!

FUCK YOU TOSIN ABASI WHY DO YOU DO WHAT U DO FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU ILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS YOU AND NOW I HAVE SCOLIOSIS FROM THIS 300 POUND GUITAR

The power of the Internet... Here's one.

No

will it fuck it up through the unfinished surfaces if i wash the guitar

Just pop the racks out of your dishwasher and stick it in there for a cycle on very hot. It'll come out sparkling!

Beats road signs.

No, you need a screwdriver to get that off (and a lot of people do). However, I kinda like resting my hand on there.

do normal people have an idea on the strap height? like, if the guitar is covering the players dick or not etc

How much does a decent amp cost; mostly for room playing but maybe for a small stage too.

Could I get something good for $200 or under?

Why does the dick thing matter? Do you play with your dick out?

no but i wave it around and penetrate the instrument

How do you like your rick?

I took mine off, it felt too awkward to rest on for me

is that a magnetic pickup on the mandolin

Yes

how doze it sound

It sounds pretty weird with pedals but in a cool way

Putting it through a chorus, octave and delay is pretty interesting

youtu.be/nGv_7U0uvTM

cool

I started playing today.

>learned the D, A and E chordes
>fingers hurt like hell and still are numb

Wish me luck, Sup Forums.

Are blisters on my fingertips the point where I stop practicing?

It's pretty great!

Same boat here pretty much. Not played for a long time so no callouses.
Went back to basics myself with an acoustic guitar.
Fingers hurt but you get used to it. Just don't overdo it, take regular breaks, and try not to press down too hard when you make the chords. Tension in your arms is not what you want. Make sure your strap is well adjusted, that you hold the pick the right way, (not too loose or too tight. Get the angle right), and try not to look too much at the frets. (I still do that sometimes and it slows you down bigtime. But eventually you will look less and less once you are more comfortable and confident playing)

Make sure your guitar isn't too stiff though. I recently got a new acoustic guitar and the action is much lower than my old cheapo one I could barely play. Makes a world of difference.

How do you give your chord progressions/solos more "personality"? All my solos sound boring, and robotic. What's the best way to break this?

post a clyp so we have an idea of what you talking about

I am at work at the moment, so I don't have my guitar with me. Think of it as just noodling on the pentatonic/any other scale.

Try learning the lead parts of a guitarist you like then copy his style

Yup, I'm afraid I might overdo it since I'm so eager to get better. I just hope I don't give up after a few days or weeks. And thanks for the tips
I follow the course of JustinGuitar btw.

try mr. beans guitar studio hes got some good vids too

Yeah, I have been trying to copy Marty Friedman's style of soloing. Man, is it hard. I think my main problem is that I need to "think" more of what I want to play, instead of just letting my fingers do all the work. It's hard to break off from shitty habits.

where u at? just started the intermediate course.

can't tell if my wrist hurts from lifting weights or guitar, pretty sure it's guitar though

this guy? pic related

literal bloody amateur day one here. Beginner's Course.

Good luck if you dont know music theory.

this guy
creativeguitarstudio

I know a bit of music theory. Funny thing is that Marty, while he knows his chord theory, he refuses to use scales and stuff, he pretty much plays by ear.

Ok, for now I will look how the course of Justin works out for me. When I search for any tips in the future I might remember Mr Bean.

i do that too, rely on pentatonic boxes and add intervals to my taste

In my opinion, is the best way to play. The catch is that you NEED to have a trained/musical ear. My ear isn't that bad, but it could get better. Now that you mention it, I have been trying to get away from the pentatonic sound, but that would be retarded, the pentatonic is our friend, we just need to add some different intervals to spice it up a bit. I will try that.

He plays a lot of arpeggiatted stuff with bends. And yes he plays scale forms and modes. He takes pride in his musical literacy. Part of the reason he went to japan because they appreciate the song wtiting more than western audiences. And that nip pussy.

Guess he has changed a lot since he made this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=uSaTAGsIBEI

Can you elaborate your comment a bit more? It sounds really interesting, from what I understand, is that he focuses on chord tones a lot. What makes it sound so exotic though? My guess would be lots of chromatic notes. How does he makes those weird bends? One of the coolest, if not the coolest bends in music. Thanks in advance.

How old are you? i'm 29 and balding

I have an irrational distaste for this guy's videos.

That pick hand just looks so wrong.

nigga it's just a pre-bend stop sucking his dick

Anybody have any tips on recording electric guitar/ any decent tutorial videos. Best mics to get?

I want to get a big sound like this youtube.com/watch?v=bteY_fs3Y18

Learn to play Gypsy Jazz lead as well as Japanese Pentatonic scales like Hirajoshi and Kumoi.

Just do a semitone bend one fret behind the note you're actually trying to hit.

That legit sounds fun. Guess I have to stduy Django Reindhart, if I want to git gud at gypzy jazz. Listening to Marty talk about difference between western and japanese chord progressions made me curious about learning about Japanese music theory.

Video if anyone is interested:

youtube.com/watch?v=HGI-2S67RzY