Is this show worth watching?

Is this show worth watching?
I heard it's pretty much a soap opera.

Absolutely

It's really good and full of beautiful women, do it.

plebs consider any show a soap opera that's primarily about character drama. GoT is the biggest soap opera ever made.

If I was interested in Character Drama I would talk to my fucking neighbors. I don't want to explore the relationships of people I will never meet.

The worst part about it is the ending.

I want to live on & consume these beautiful characters. Possibly even eat Roger Sterling to consume his powers.

I miss them.

MOMMY I WANT MILKY

then don't watch film and television?

What did he mean by this?

Film and Television can be a powerful tool to drive home narratives that are about philosophical issues divorced from base human trivialities.

reddit

is this a dubs thread or just an excuse to post MadMen op?

It's a good show, people dislike probably have low attention spans and should stick to braindead garbage like stranger things

>philosophical issues divorced from base human trivialities
read a philosophy textbook then. Almost all narrative fiction is going to have some human element. Some works (MM, Sopranos) manage to talk about greater topics, but always from the base of human interaction

Do you like watching American period shows where characters act as if they have innate knowledge of modern sensibilities reflected upon "their" era?

If you do you'll enjoy every tv show geared towards "past".

>le workplace affairs
>le secret pasts
>le unplanned pregnancies
>le marital strife
>le all men are pigs
>le womyn are marginalized and oppressed
It's fucking garbage, OP. Don't waste your time.

It is very good acting, stories, subtely. You won't be dissapaotiend

Stick to shit like stranger things you Reddit pleb

Stick to your women's soap opera, you fucking vagina.

spotted the redditor

Even if they did you wouldn't understand a word of it.

You can call it a soap oper if you want, but it's the best damn soap opera in the world.

Reddit thinks its boring/overratted so that tells you all you need to know

You cunt.

>He doesn't enjoy the Young & the Restless

I hope Victor Newman rapes you in your sleep.

Soap Opera is a meaningless buzzword. Since no one gets shot people call it a soap opera

I'm conditioned to hate reddit, I had no idea they'd be this shit though.

Watching it felt like homework to me. I was able to get into other shows with similar writing like The Wire and The Sopranos but I just couldn't get into it. I'm a pleb.

>having an interest in something means u have to apply it to real life

u sound very intellectual

found the redditors

Yes.

Mad Men is the greatest show ever made and if you don't think so you just don't get it

spotted the redditor

/lit/'s meme trilogy is Infinite Jest, Ulysses, Gravity's Rainbow

what is Sup Forums's meme trilogy for tv shows? The Sopranos, Mad Men, ?????

reddit

The Wire

I cried when I saw Don sitting at the bus stop near the end.

Reminded me of when I left home and my bitter family to start anew. Was powerful.

The subtle moments of Mad Men are the greatest: In season two when Roger and Din are at a bar and Don says to Roger 'there must be more than this.' was stuck on my mind for months.

+1

EDIT 1: enjoy your gold sir!
EDIT 2: thank you for the gold sir!

EY YO LOCK THAT DOOR

>Reminded me of when I left home and my bitter family to start anew
did everything go well user?

Girls.

They hate Lena Dunham & she is a cunt, but the show is perfect.

is this the logical conclusion to kino?

Friday Night Lights

he's on Sup Forums. what do u think

>The subtle moments of Mad Men are the greatest: In season two when Roger and Din are at a bar and Don says to Roger 'there must be more than this.'
>that quote
>subtle

Is a fanfiction of Bewitched. So now Darrin is an alpha male but still spends most of his days thinking about how to get the best line for margarine!
And really hot women.

Wtf, how does Sup Forums hate Fargo and breaking bad yet they love something as shitty as Friday night lights

>it's a Pete has to return a chip'n'dip episode

spotted reddit

>It's a Pryce swallows his pride episode

>roger says psychiatry is just this years new oven to satisfy your wifes need to keep up with the joneses
>as the episode ends the camera pans away from Don talking on the phone to bettys psychiatrist down the hallway with the stove in center view

b8

every show is pretty much a soap opera

Spotted the faggot

The only people who call it a soap opera are plebs who think that Don should have killed Cutler with a robot car machinegun

reddit

Back to IMDb, kiddo.

>Sup Forums hates breaking bad

>it's a cool whip episode

Friday Night Lights is pure kino, plebshit.

The last season was dog shit. That & the fan base is Walking dead tier.

I like it still. Like.

I agree with everything you just said

Nope it's just like every overly sappy sports film, nothing special about. No characters had any depth and it was very predictable, but hey to each their own

i never understood why a fan base is brought up when discussing and form of art. i mean, are you that insecure?

Confirmed for never having watched the show.

L O S T

>"Are you alone?"

i would have liked it if the show ending with that. still a great closer to a season

It's an ebin Sup Forums meme

>No characters had any depth
nigger what

It's great, all of the characters are memorable even if some only show up for a few episodes, and they use the setting really well

It feels more like a good period movie than a tv show

I love Mad Men but every time Don gets asked a question like that I crack up
Most of Peggy and Joan's interactions in Season 3 and late Season 2 are also topkek

says the redditor

>This never happened. It will shock you how much it never happened

mind if i save this pic?