Thoughts on Zemo? I thought he was actually a very interesting villain. I know some people found him boring...

Thoughts on Zemo? I thought he was actually a very interesting villain. I know some people found him boring, but I actually thought that was the point. He's an average man with an average appearance and demeanor that still manage to play the Avengers right into where he wanted.

Plus Daniel Bruhl did a lot of good stuff in his somewhat short screentime.

He was shit like every other character from every other capeshit film. God I wish this childish genre would just die already.

I would leave his anus gaping.

Shit motivation.

For the little that he was in it, yeah, I liked him. One of the most genuinely adult characters in the MCU. If they can keep him out of a goofy costume and keep his motives and methods reasonably hard-edged he could be great.

The irony is that you're being more childish than capeshit fans

He wanted to break up the group responsible for the death of his family.

He was great. One of Marvel's best villains so far and strong contender.

I like Daniel Bruhl in a very sadistically sexual way.

>One of Marvel's best villains
>Marvel
>Best villains
lmao

I like civil war but he shouldn't have been in it. The story should have just been the struggle between heroes, it could have been unique but no it had to check all the superhero film boxes. He dragged the film down immensely and felt super tacked on. Also he's nothing like the comics, I'm not saying it has to be exactly like the comics but if all you're gonna keep is the name, then change everything else and then just make him a rando millitary guy with a super generic motivation, what's the point? Kept the film from being amazing when it ccould have been, messed up the oppurtunity.

Yeah but "death of family" is a super over used motivation and the film would've been better with out him.

Even worse motivation than fucking lex.

>dead family
>worse than 'daddy beat me'

Nailed it

I hate BvS as much as the next guy but this is debatable

Only good DC villain seen on screen is ledger Joker and that's in the past.(Leto Joker is garbage) Every other DC villain had been shit.

+solid motivation
+didn't overreach with his goals, no fate of the world bullshit
+completely succeeded
+didn't die

He has an insane inferiority complex. And he's megalomaniacal

>Also he's nothing like the comics

Zemo is the comics is a master manipulator who believes himself to be commit bad deeds for a good reason and wants to avenge his father's death for which he blames Captain America.

Zemo is the movie is a master manipulator who believes himself to be commit bad deeds for a good reason and wants to avenge his father, wife and son's deaths for which he blames Captain America and the Avengers.

He's pretty much the same character, they only gave him a new background since nobody is going to weep over a Nazi mad scientist.

I don't get the praise, at all? His acting was fine, but the characterization so rote. So thin. Revenge for Slovakia who cares. He didnt have any meaningful moments besides the final scene w T'Challa. His calling himself Zemo felt as delating as John Blake or whatever revealing himself as Robin.

How did he know the existance of super soldiers in cryo sleep, but not their location?

The problem here is that is also a Cap. America movie (when it should have been an Avengers one) and they were finishing the trilogy without adapting one of his well known villains. I believe he would have been handled better if the movie was standalone as it was planned before RDJ came on board.

He was shoehorned in
>not hydra
>not a baron
>no pink sock stuck on head by super super glue.
>not german

He didn't.

Well I mean does it have to go stand alone film,stand alone film,stand alone film,stand alone film, team up film. They exist in a shared universe, having a threat emerge and then only one hero deals with it raises more questions.

Then what the hell was he looking for? And why was he banging on about "december 12 1991"?

>Then what the hell was he looking for? And why was he banging on about "december 12 1991"?

He knew, or suspected, that Bucky killed the Starks, and he needed confirmation of it.

His plan relied on too much luck

This flick was basically a commercial for the next avengers

I agree with you, also I feel like the writers/driectors had a very good understanding of his character. His costume and comic motivation wouldn't make sense given the context of what happened already and it was probably out of their control. For what it is, they did a great job of adapting his motivation and personality. I love how creepy all his scenes felt, how he was an actual threat, kinda got what he wanted, and didn't resort to a big dumb boss battle.

He couldn't have been faithful since his ancestry was not in the First Avenger, his costume would have been even more of a "check box" as you're claiming the film is so guilty of. And he didn't show up to make the heroes team up, which would have been an actual cliche. Comic Zemo is mad Captain America "killed" his family and so is this one. That was his motivation in both iterations.

The things is, plan would have worked without luck, it's just that luck make it work better than expected

He'd crippled and scattered the Avengers even before a bunch of his moves fell into place.

proof that Bucky killed the Starks

Yea no, every one of the Tim Burton Batmans has been good. Even Nolan managed to do a great job at making the villains complex and not just evil. Hell even fucking Zod was better than any one of Marvels villains, don't get me wrong the actors do a fine job in the MCU like Bridges for instance but they have the flattest motivations and backgrounds.

Loki probably has the best motivation but thats on par with Lex's daddy issues

>superhero movie
>shows a normie
Just no.

>goes by zemo when his name is Baron Helmut
Missed opportunity.

Let me guess, no gf?

>+completely succeeded
>last 5 minutes of the movie almost undid everything
>b-but muh fugitives
all of 5 minutes until Thanos comes to wreck shit and Ross has to eat shit

>tv/ thinks it's above capeshit
> This thread legitmately can't understand Superhero movies.

I just don't know anymore, why is this board full of idiots.

>His plan relied on too much luck
Nope, he was only lucky on getting all three on the same place and that wasn't even part of his plan.
This was his original plan:
>Find the HYDRA colonel.
>Ask him about the tape.
>Go to Siberia.
>Get the tape and spread it or send it to Stark.
He fucked up the first step so he went for a different and more complicated route.

Comic nerds needed to understand he was not the Zemo from the comics, he was an average joe and that's what i like him so much, him doing all his work in silence without the need to reveal himself was based, things like that continues the footsteps left by CA:WS

/thread

Mate, it happens every fucken day. It's kek expo when someone brings up capehit. They just say random shit against the movie.

Zod was the same type of villain as Malekith and Ronan.
Strong military leader types that want some type of revenge and fight for their kind.
Same motivations same personalities.

Wut.

He wanted to know what happened to the super soldier serum, you mongs.

>Same motivations same personalities.
This has to be bait.

No it isn't dumbass. You're trying to give a shitty DC villain depth even though he was actually shit.

I thought he was a really good idea but for some reason it didn't work in the movie for me. I think Marvel is trying to have it both ways. You can't have a genuinely real and adult character trying to affect heroes from a human perspective and then have a magic man with a lemon in his head.

Which is why they spaced things out and only had Zemo interact with more human characters. Notice they even had Stark and Panther remove their helmets to talk to him face to face, on a human level.

Why not exactly? So what if its silly? Everything about it is silly.

heh, didn't notice that.

Thunderbolts soon

Generic motivation, pants on head retarded execution.

He could have been good, but here's the problem:

1. The human casualties thing was underused. We get a couple random clips from the past few movies, and one sob story about a random guy dying.
Wanda fucks up and accidentally gets people killed but more would've died had she not, there's literally no argument to be had there.
Instead of what happened, have Cap abandon some people who are in danger because he thinks someone has information on Bucky. They still get saved by the team, but Cap shows a lack of responsibility.

Without the human casualties being emphasized enough, Zemo seems more like he's just selfishly saying "oh well you saved hundreds/thousands but MY family died so I'm gonna ruin everything."

2. Bucky shouldn't have been involved in the story. Like at all. Or at least significantly reduced. He takes away so much screentime from Zemo it's ridiculous.
It becomes Winter Soldier 2 instead of Civil War.
You can't have your main villain so scarce throughout the movie that we only learn his motivation in the last 20 minutes.
I legitimately forgot he existed constantly until he actually showed up on screen.

I get his role is the everyman rando taking revenge, but then why use Zemo? Why not use your own original character?
It's visually confusing, I didn't know who the fuck he was a lot of the time because he doesn't have any recognizable features.

Fuck this movie

Hurrr failed state I dont care about sarchovia or w.e the fuck its called

WHY WAS MY FAMILY KILLED IN SARCHOSIA.

Bitch, you knew it was a failed state. You KNEW hydra moved in and took control. Why the FUCK is your family still there. Dipshit deserved all he got, same with the dipshit mother's kid at the beginning. WHO THE FUCK GOES TO A FAILED STATE TO HELP. I DONT SEE ANY FUCKERS GOING TO SYRIA TO BUILD HOUSING PROJECTS

It was his father's fault to begin with for moving them just a few miles from a flying piece of eart.

Lmao man ok so that wasnt the original poster, its me so dont get all autismo at him. Zod doesnt need to be given depth because he already has depth, he doesnt want world dominance or wealth or any of that clichéd bullshit that Ronan wants (yes he does want to rule the galaxy he says it multiple times) thats why hes in no way related him.

Zod is doing what he believes is the right thing, sure he starts a coup and basically tries to take over Krypton but only to secure the lives of 'his people'. He does this on earth too when he attempts to terraform it and he even fucking says it when he fights superman. Everything he does in the movie is for the good of his people not himself, a selfless yet morally questionable characteristic. Thats what seperates him from Marvel villains.

Also with Malekith hes not a general and he acts selfishly based on his nostlagia of old universe so Im not sure why your comparing them

>Zemo seems more like he's just selfishly saying "oh well you saved hundreds/thousands but MY family died so I'm gonna ruin everything."
He IS selfishly saying that. He knows that he's selfish, and on some level he regrets it, but his hate has overwhelmed him.

Boring villain from another boring film by Disney Marvel. Shit motivation, meh plot and barely has any screen time because they feel the need to cram as many characters into these movies as possible.

Literally 10 minutes airport fight and the bit with Spiderman is only reason to watch this movie.

I liked him. I like how he was Black Ops but doesn't ever do anything cool. Understated villain.

l-lewd

>>last 5 minutes of the movie almost undid everything

The Avengers functionally do not exist. Avengers HQ has Tony, depressed Vision and half of Rhodey and nothing else, it was shut down and a ghost town.

Yeah, sure, Thanos will show up and Cap will bring the fugitive members to help, but until then? There are no Avengers to deal with the below world-ending level threats that they'd been handling.

It's amazing people don't understand this.

he's just another Marvel villain underused and ruined by Feige

He reminds me of me.

>just as terribly written a villain as Lex Luthor
>but its okay since Marvel did it

Calm down, Goyer.

>wants to destroy the Avengers from the inside because he sees them as responsible for the death of his family

like i said, until Thanos shows up since the 3 movies from now to IW seem completely unrelated to any Avengers level threat

>He's an average man

What part of general of a black OPs military group didn't you understand?

But why use the name Zemo? If he's not gonna be the purple sword man they should just give him an original name like Zoller or whatever instead.

fuck gawain, why is this faggot impossible

bretty cool

i liked the scene where he uses the book to manipulate bucky