Is it weird going to the cinema alone?

Is it weird going to the cinema alone?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11220153/Falconry-display-bans-single-adults-over-paedophile-fears.html
telegraph.co.uk/comment/10948796/Paedophilia-is-natural-and-normal-for-males.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

No, grow up. I do it all the time.

yes
but here are some pro tips

+go to theater-chains. They hire highschoolers who could care less about the no singles policy. They might laugh at you buying your single ticket though

+when buying food, buy enough for two. It would look less awkward.

+get there early and sit in the back. When people start trickling in, make sure you lay on the floor so no one sees you sitting alone

+leave 5 mins early so no one can say anything as you leave together
+

No. Going at all is weird. Here in Canada we don't have deluxe theaters with good food or seating. Even our biggest cinemas in cities like Toronto are just standard stadium seating with garbage food and maybe 1 or 2 Imax screens. Its really not worth it.

not if u are the shooter

I responded to a post last time about a guy who went to a theater and he was joked by some people. But he said he bought popcorn and soda, don't do that. If you're going to a movie by yourself just go to watch the movie, be casual about it. Buying a soda, candy, and popcorn is too much like you're 'making a night of it', it's like you're taking yourself out on a date. it makes you look pathetic.

just think to yourself i'm a Sup Forums kino-master and they're just plebs.

>no singles policy

You know this is just a meme, right?

>go to movie alone
>intentionally sit next to someone else

its not
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11220153/Falconry-display-bans-single-adults-over-paedophile-fears.html

they came for our falcons, and i said nothing..

It's against most of my local cinemas' policies. They won't sell tickets one at a time. You can try to circumvent the no-single policy by buying two and sneaking around so they don't watch you too closely, then eventually make your way into the actual screening room. The screen guards may catch on though if it's a sparsely populated show and no one is sitting next to you.

The UK doesn't count

kek

So if two people want to see a movie together, but want to pay for their own tickets they won't sell it to them? Fuck off with this shit. No single policies are just bad business. I've lived all over the country and go to the movies alone every now and then and not once has anyone ever gave a shit.

>"Paedophilic interest is natural and normal for human males,” said the presentation. “At least a sizeable minority of normal males would like to have sex with children … Normal males are aroused by children.”

telegraph.co.uk/comment/10948796/Paedophilia-is-natural-and-normal-for-males.html

wew lad

I go alone during matinees on Tuesdays, which I have off. It's fun, you get the entire theater to yourself

I saw Birdman in a completely empty theater and it was one of my favorite theater experiences

>telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11220153/Falconry-display-bans-single-adults-over-paedophile-fears.html
wow this is kind of disgusting, birdwatchers are weird but how the fuck

I'm feeling super self-conscious about this now. Does doing this actually make you look like a total weirdo/loser or is this just a meme because I've been going to the movies solo for the past 15 years

>no singles due to pedo concerns
>Jimmy Saville raped his way through British cancer wards while BBC turned a blind eye, shitskins were raping kids in an adoption scheme, and they send their kids to boarding schools to fuck each other during their formative years

What the fuck is wrong with that island?

I see movies by myself all the time. It's awesome, since I'm usually the only person in the theater, since I always wait a couple weeks to see it. No one gives a shit, don't be so autistic. The employees literally could not care less. Besides, you're not supposed to talk anyway, so they might as well not even be there anyway. Unless you're that cunt that's constantly whispering to your friend. "no singles" policy is just a meme to fuck with Sup Forums autists. Having worked in customer service, know that you're not important. The minute you walk away the employees have already forgotten your face.

It also helps if you pretend to answer your phone and loudly note that your "companion" won't be able to make it to the theater. Don't pretend it's your mum either. Pretend it's a gf or a friend that's not going to make it.

I've said something like "Well shit, Suzie, my girlfriend, I was really hoping to see The Wolverine 3D in IMAX™ and DolbyDigital® tonight, but sounds like you have to write that psychology report tonight" before. It worked out okay.

Paying money to see movies is a fucking joke.

The only reason you should ever do it is if you're getting social perks from it.
If you're by yourself, you might as well make yourself a bag of popcorn and watch at home. Everything else is retarded.

its weird as fuck you pathetic fucking weirdo

It's also a good Idea to pretend like you're texting. Just open the calculator app and press randomly. Make sure you press them quickly so it looks like you text all the time and you're really good at it

no just follow this guide

I honestly hope some autistic weirdo follows this advice so I can laugh at them

I treat myself to a movie the last Friday of every month. I go to the TGI Fridays next door first and order a few of my favorite apps. Honestly look forward to it all month and no one bothers me. In fact I've gotten compliments like "good for you" or "good to see you again" or "enjoy the show, sir"

Your personal experience means nothing. The FACT here is the overwhelming majority of chains REGULATE the no singles policy. I've been to a few shitty independent theaters in low class towns and they let me slip in a few times. They didn't have showers so I left anyway but it did work. But what you really have to be worried about is the attendants laughing at you when you inevitably purchase one ticket, thats why you always get two but make sure they over hear you talking with someone on the phone and she happens to not be able to make it.

Too true. The state of Canadian theatres is fucking dire man. No comfy sofa seats with your own hand rests, spectacularly poor sound systems, minimal leg space...etc.

Haven't been to one in 2 years now i think. Can't compare at all to the premium shits other cities have.

Yes

>In fact I've gotten compliments like "good for you" or "good to see you again" or "enjoy the show, sir"

I hope you leave these classy theater employees a nice tip.

No, I love it, most of my best cinemagoing experiences have been undertaken alone.

It's weirder to me to go on a date with someone to the movies. Why? Unless she's secretly sucking your dick you won't actually be doing anything with her the whole time, you'll just watch the movie unless you get dinner afterwards or something

if you're autistic, yes

ALWAYS call ahead and ask if it's ok. I wear a reflective safety jacket to indicate where the single is and try not to look people directly in the eye. they feel better about it if you do that and are more likely to allow you through

There is NO no singles policy in any movie theaters. People go see movies alone all the time.

I always take my gun to the theater, literally no one fucks with me not even the crab leg fucker.

>tfw the theater falcon spots that you are sitting alone

what country has fucking showers in their theatres??? Do you have to bring your own shampoo too or is it provided?

>his country doesnt have showers in the cinema

I bet you cant flush paper down the toilet either

Yes. I get upset when I see single or childless people in the movie theater, or at the beach, or in a sit-in restaurant, or at parties, or at a ball game. I just don't understand. What could possess them to make them do that? People go to these places to celebrate the joy of living and you singles spoil the mood. You're walking "please save the children" commercials made to remind us there are people in this world who don't know happiness.

Please if you are single, stay home. Thank you.

if you go to movies alone the shooter might spare you because he knows your pain

What I do is rent a blowup doll from Kitty's Exotic Delights next door and buy two tickets.

No but go during the day if you have to. Tickets will be cheaper and less peoplw to annoy you when watching the movie.

>avoid friday showings
>go to the movies with my one lad because we fucking love movies and the popcorn is GOAT
>movie theatre consists of people like us, families, people alone, every mix in between
>like 1 - 3 couples at max scattered throughout

No, you fuck, it isn't weird. Just don't go to a friday premier of a top-tier movie and it'll be all good

>this amount of autism

Yeah, it's pretty weird and people will talk shit about you if you do it. To get around it, I bring my dog with me.

I tried to bring my niece to get around the local cinemas no singles policy but they thouhgt I was a pedo and called the cops on me.
[spoiler}Thanks U.K[/spoiler]

The stigma of going to a movie by yourself is crazy in the fucking US.
Ive been battling the same demons myself. After my last experience going alone. They pretty much thought Inwas trying to record bootlegs or some shit. Fuckers even turned the lights on only in the row that I was sitting in. They had personal walking through that bitch making sure i didnt have a recording device on me. Well suck my ass Pacific Theaters!

>the nearest bathroom is the one in the hall of mirrors

I've been going to the cinema alone for at least ten years and I didn't even think twice about it until I found out it was a big autism thing among betas on the internet.

They always take mine away and put it in the Doggy Day Care with the rest. Where do you live that they let you bring it into the screening room?

one of the kinodomes near me lets you bring in an emotional support animal. I tried bringing my sister's cat once, but she attacked the ticket ripper and I had to tip him $20 to avoid them calling the cops. fucking autistic cat.

I have a service dog so they let me take him everywhere even the showers

They don't. I mark him down as a cat when I sign the waiver while buying tickets.

how do you guys sneak past the singles check at intermission?

I've memorized Cletus' work schedule, so I only show up on the days he's there. He lets me skip the anti-singles screening if I give him an extra minute during penis inspection.

This. I do it all the time and sometimes bring my occasional water bottle as I do not thrive for carbonated soda, hinders your body.

I usually go alone after work. I hate going to the movies with my gf because she has ADHD and would just look at her phone all night. Then she'd blame me for the terrible movie. She hates both kino and flicks. So when I go, I'm in my suit and tie. Most of the time people assume I'm the manager. I never buy theater food, I bring my own. Sometimes I just wander in for free on the assumption I work there. I always at least pay for one and watch two. This is what I do, not a meme or shitpost.

>What the fuck is wrong with that island?
exactly because they are on an island
too many generation of inbreeding, it fucked with your brain
japan is another prime example, even got weirder due to the nukes
and the aussie cunts too, spend their time doing nothing but shitpost while not being chased by deadly animals

easy man, i pretend to go to the restroom

Whatabout landlocked Canada, States, Mexico and Brazil? They're pretty fucked up themselves with lots of people to not inbreed with (but they do anyways).

>>Avoid Humans
I hate going on release nights or even Fridays and Saturdays. I usually wait til that Sunday and catch a matenay. The tickets are literally 80% off. Not crowds of people to worry bout. Getting the perfect sit is usually gaurenteed. Some theaters have ticket machines where you dont have to talk to anyone or just buy your ticket online/app. You can walk in there like a G and if someone gives you the stink. Tell them to fuck off. This is MURICAH. Ive had chicks just hit me up while Im buy a drink(cotton mouth) and grub. Shits legit to watch a film on that big ass screen and surround sound by yourself. Almost feels like i own the bitch. And thats key, walk in and out like a BOSSS!

It's socially looked down upon, but from a pragmatic point of view, going to the cinema with someone makes little sense, it's like lets go to a place where we can't talk and sit in silence paying attention to something else other than eachother for 90 minutes.

Put your coat on the seat next to you. Everyone will assume you're saving the seat for someone and by the time the movie starts literally nobody will notice.

t. severe autist

i go alone all the time user. AMC near me has half price tickets on tuesday. i'll go around noon and sneak in to as many as i can muster. embrace the freedom of the cinema.

It's a first date test but the rest of society hasn't got the memo. Does she put her shoulder n yours? Hold your hand? Make out? Suck your dick? You know you're in business either way. Or doe s she stare awkwardly at the screen for 90 minutes. Honestly don't buy her dinner afterwards but slip out during going to the bathroom. Fwhy do married couple go to the movies without children?

Yeah, and the social aspect of it is usually pretty superficial. Most people who see a movie together are going to have at best a brief conversation about basic things.

If you're halfway serious about movies and seeing the movie with someone who also takes them a bit seriously, then it makes a lot more sense for you to see a movie together.

Ha. God im a deviant. Back when i was a teen. It was my go to spot to be a lone with a chick. Didnt matter if it was packed or not. Nothing was safe. Everything from foddling, getting head to even smashing in the very back of the theater was a go. I remember getting sucked up while watching The Ring. Thats right. I remember she was the first chick that let me cum in her mouth. I remember she looked up at me with the biggest smile and a mouth full a cum. Then the bitch proceeds to spit that shit all on the ground. Fuck i feel bad for the plebs that had to clean that shit afterwards.
>>shit was awesome.jpeg

this is sociopathic

damn son. I fingered girls in the theater as a teen, but never actually fucked one. I wasn't thinking big enough I guess.