What helps you get over your fear of death?

What helps you get over your fear of death?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3898038/Could-cure-Alzheimer-s-New-drug-reduce-plaques-brain-no-effects-final-trials.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FboVnOW1cac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Spirituality, psychedelic drugs and meditaion.

The ralization that all is one, nothing that is real can die and everything that can die isn't real.

Realizing that it's literally nothing to fear, and living forever would be a horrific fate.

I'm already dead inside.

Eternal progress open to every human soul

The fact that it's unavoidable and happens to everyone.

Knowing that I will contribute something to humanity before I die. Religion is the cowards way of deluding himself into accepting death and they ultimately waste their whole life away "knowing" that God will grant them salvation... bullshit. I will further humanity in their means of exploration and my job will be done.

Transforming that horrible existentialst thoughts into comedy

thanks to denial, I'm immortal

nothing, because I don't have any.

I don't especially are looking forward to it, but it's just a part of life.
Why should I care?
It's inevitable anyways.

Skydiving a few times a month or so

All of these things

your death

yes
also the sense that if life goes on, great, and if it doesn't, I won't mind

adolescence

I don't have one. I am not religious and believe that when we die we're right back where we were before, nothing but nutrients for the Earth. The only reason I am here typing is because we have evolved enough to form an intelligent consciousness.

Sometimes i like to think that before i die i will be able go transmit my conciousness into a supercomputer. I am 33 so i got a good 45 years hopefully with medical progress. Other than that i am consoled by the fact that i did not exist for billions of years already. Sure the last few moments of life will be scary and upsetting but the place i am going is one of nonexistance where there is no pain. Why fear something that is neither painful nor unpleasant?

Spend time in an old folks home, preferably one with a dementia ward. You'll soon realize that death is a blessing and that dying slowly is the true horror.

realizing how tiny and meaningless whole earth is not to mention fuck knows how many universes there are
everything is supposed to live die and reincarnate over and over

Living. Also drugs.

Knowing that there's nothing waiting for me on the other side.

why fear a foregone conclusion?

Bumping this. End-stage Alzheimer's is horrible. I'd rather commit suicide than die that way.

This. I don't want to watch helplessly as my body falls apart regardless of how good my diet and exercise routines are.

the chances that you will amount to anything are insignificant, don't live for a species that won't remember you when you're alive let alone dead, live for yourself

The fact that I've never experienced death in my life.

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3898038/Could-cure-Alzheimer-s-New-drug-reduce-plaques-brain-no-effects-final-trials.html

Fear of death is like fear of luck

In high school I worked at a fast food restaurant with this hot lesbian who kind of looked like Michelle Pfeiffer (she would later cut her hair off and go full bulldyke). She said something I've held onto that is probably more edgelord than profound but that still makes me think.

>When I die I want to go out in the most painful way possible. If it's the last thing I ever feel, I want it to count.

Or something to that effect. That right there made me not fear a painful death. If you're dead at the end of it, who cares. A long painful process where you don't die at the end is much worse, especially if you're left with a significant drop in quality of life afterward.

Nothing, I'm pretty well not over it.

>living forever would be a horrific fate.

What in the blind Jesus fuck are you talking about? Why wouldn't you want to live forever?

Because existence is pain

I think it would get annoying when you with your own eyes humanity repeating the same fucking mistakes over and over again without learning anything.

But yeah, are we talking superman immortal or just live forever until your physical being gets obliterated? What if you were buried alive--would you survive? We need to know more about the rules.

What's to fear?
When it happens you wont feel anything anymore, your consciousness will no longer exist.

I'm not looking forward to it, but unless science has some insane breakthroughs it is going to happen eventually.
The only thing I "fear" is a slow and painful end, not the final moment itself.

I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all.

The only really upsetting thing about death is the pain and fear you'll have to endure in the last moments. One nice thing about modern medicine is that with drugs, you'll be able to pass fairly painlessly when the time comes if you want to.

Like some of the other anons said, the true horror would be immortality. Do some meditation, or listen to some Alan Watts or Terence McKenna. Take some mushrooms. Take a long walk in the countryside and think about the way the wind moves the leaves of the tree.

Beyond the actual process of cellular dissolution, we have absolutely no reason to be concerned about death. It's a beautiful day out there. The time hasn't come yet. Feel better, OP.

pic related - it's MFW I think about death

What if everyone else was going to live forever aswell?
Life would surely be different as time would loose almost all of it's meaning, but it wouldn't be that hard of a change to make when you have as much time as you want to adjust.

This was already covered in the movie In Time.

>What in the blind Jesus fuck are you talking about? Why wouldn't you want to live forever?
You would go insane with boredom. No matter how much there is to do, with infinite time you would do everything an infinite number of times.

Imagine being trapped in a room with one book for 70 years, only infinitely worse.

The fear of fucking up suicide and ending up a vegetable.

>having to use drugs to cope with the thought of dying one day.
Fucking pathetic.

Because conceivably you'd get bored. We're not talking about keeping you alive for 100 years, or a million, or a trillion. We're talking about an infinite amount of time.

When the universe experience Final Heat Death, you'd still just be floating through the void, alone. And this is assuming you can't feel pain or go insane.

Odds on, you'd be begging for death by the end of your first ten thousand years.

How long do you think you would remain insane with boredom? 50, 60 years? 200? Eventually you would move beyond it into, I would think, a deeper state of being. One that lasts for all eternity. A few hundred years is a flash in the pan compared to that.

Have the ENTP personality type. Or INTJ. literally no fear of death personality types.

>How long do you think you would remain insane with boredom?
Forever. Once you've gone insane, it doesn't get better.
>Eventually you would move beyond it into, I would think, a deeper state of being
A comatose vegetable wishing for death.

see
I don't think so. By the time you were 10,000 years old you'd have moved past the silly human concepts of boredom and insanity.

I'm looking forward to it.

They aren't just concepts, they're part of the human condition. If you "moved past" them you wouldn't be human, and "you" would be dead.

It's impossible to avoid it so just embrace it

bullshit
the memory is limited, you would forget things and learn them new

No, I don't think so. Being "insane" really only means being abnormal to the point of being incomprehensible to regular people. I don't think that's such a bad thing if you aren't really worried about society's perception of you or consequences you might endure because of it. And boredom can easily be moved past when you begin to realize that the inside of your own mind is infinite.

The inside of your own mind is not infinite. Your brain can only store so much information. You can only access so much of it at a time. Your opinions can only be based on logic to a certain degree. There are limits to our biology. And sitting around doing DMT, LSD, shrooms, etc. for a thousand years isn't going to change that, you'll just *think* that it changed it and you'll be really insufferable to the people around you who are just trying to live their short, pathetic lives.

I'm not afraid of the time before I was alive so what's gonna be different about the time afterwards?

So you essentially spend eternity with Alzheimer's. Again, fate worse than death.
>Being "insane" really only means being abnormal to the point of being incomprehensible to regular people.
I think it also means being mentally ill.
> And boredom can easily be moved past when you begin to realize that the inside of your own mind is infinite.
It isn't though. Your mind is limited.

wat kind of defeatism is this

>So you essentially spend eternity with Alzheimer's. Again, fate worse than death.
no
you would know as much as now, prohably more - just not everything

>your human body has a shelf life and you will die one day
What kind of defeatism is this?

When you get too bored just freeze yourself and get shot into space so that you'll wake up thousands of years later and everything will be new

>no
Yes. You would be constantly forgetting things you once knew, and the percentage of things you forgot would increase relative to the percentage of things you knew.

Distracting myself with things that give me joy

>and the percentage of things you forgot would increase relative to the percentage of things you knew.
true but not relevant
an alzheimer knows nothing, you would stell know more than the average human

The fact I was dead before I was born.

nothing, i live in constant paralyzing existentialist dread.

Being dead will feel the same as not yet being born felt.

>an alzheimer knows nothing
False.
>you would stell know more than the average human
Not if humans never die you wouldn't. How you compare to others isn't terribly relevant anyway. What matters here is your own condition.

>an alzheimer knows nothing
Eventually they just become a vegetable that can't talk or respond to stimuli or think so yeah they eventually know pretty much nothing

>Eventually they just become a vegetable that can't talk or respond to stimuli or think so yeah they eventually know pretty much nothing
Which is what would happen to you eventually. Time would pass by too quickly for you to interact with anything.

>Why wouldn't you want to live forever?
Imagine this:
> You are old
> You are in huge pain
> Everyone bothers you because you are the oldest person alive
> You know a lot about the universe, because you have lived for a long time
> You are surrounded by idiots that don't even come close to your knowledge
> You cannot die

For thousands of years the world was without me and ran business as usual, when I go, that won't change at all. I'm a mere spec that absolutely means nothing. And with that said, why should I care about my eventual non existence? It's going to happen whether I think on it or not.

Fucking 12 year olds a getting more retarded every year.

Heroin

If you don't have a degenerative brain disorder why do you think that just the passage of time will make you a vegetable? If you're living forever it's because your body isn't degenerating over time. And what do you mean by "time would pass too quickly"? Time isnt going to be moving any faster the longer you're alive.

killing myself a little bit every day

>Live long enough to have your consciousness implanted in pain immune robot body
>Most people here think they're smarter than everyone else so being "surrounded by idiots" isn't anything new

knowing that everyone else will die as well

Your perception of time would be faster. The more time you've experienced, the shorter a given period of time feels to you. Mountains would rise up and crumble to dust in moments to you. Interaction with such fleeting things as we do now would be utterly pointless.

this

Trust in Allah

The universe birth and death are never ceasing. Your consciousness is doomed to be manifested endlessly in the endless universe lifespans. Now multiply it by the amount of universes in the multiverse.
Every possible pleasure, mystery, horror and pain imaginable you will experience eventually.
This is a mathematical fact and there is nothing you or anything/anyone else can do.

Once this sinks into you can you really say that you still fear death?

>trust in fictional beings
ayy lmao

InShaAllah

well meem'd kid

I have no idea since I didn't say it
your defeatism is apparent, however

living

*Tips fedora*
Ha ha, checkmate.

I am immortal,
>cant be cut by weapons
>cant burn using fire
>just change the clothes of human body

*teleports behind you*
nothing personnel, kid

fear of life

I'm not afraid of death - how can you be afraid of nothing?

What does worry me is the method of my dying.

actually no. because just like quantum immortality, you exist and will survive inside another universe/dimension.

and knowing that time is just subjective, and basically just a facet or a side of an object you can see, we don't really ever die.

The parts of the universe where I grew up as a kid still exist somewhere, I just cannot perceive it, but it is still there.
Even after I die, I'm still alive and going through life, if you view time in another way.

None of us really die, we are just tied to the one common thing, the force that created us.

o shit. ;-)

I like you.

You have ALWAYS existed.

Yes, you will die a physical death, but "you" will continue to exist after that death.

Anyone that says otherwise is guessing.

Phycadellics dont make you cope or not care its about seeing life with a different perception and seeing life in a way most people aren't capable of. Well unless you are a monk.

I do the same, but i have gained a slightly different philosophy.

I canĀ“t get over it anons. It's just so terrifying. I'm 26 and I have achieved nothing, and the future looks even worse than my past.
I fear life and death the same. fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=FboVnOW1cac

this should suffice.