Anyone else disappointed with The Neon Demon?

I waited 6 months to see it on theaters and I finally watched it. OGF was better by a mile

HEY
who's got that "the semendemon" edit?
i'm too lazy to recreate it myself

Only God Forgives is more coherent and has more of a plot. I felt stupid watching this honestly, during the modeling show or whatever when it turns into trippy random bullshit, its like there is something im supposed to be getting but there is so little plot or character im not even picking up clues, it felt so pretentious. And thats coming from someone who likes Only God Forgives lol.

It's not bad but it isn't good either. Mountain lion scene is pointless but the rest is alright. Edgy third act was for shock value but does the "youth and vitality are devoured by a group of beauty-obsessed women" I suppose.

Highlights are Keanu, Jena and that photographer guy

OGF is still better though

If you didn't watch it in theatres you got cucked. Hope you think hard about the fact that you let the opportunity slip through your fingers

I watched it the theater just 1 hour ago

i was disappointed that Christina Hendricks didn't show her tits. Other than that, no. I knew it was going to be shit before i saw it. Had no expectations.

Nope, I loved it

No

Yeah, it was terrible. Maybe the worst movie I saw this year?

When the fuck does it come out in Australia???

>OGF
>better

yea, no

Not at all. Based Refn.

fuck australia

i liked the illumanit / cult / drug imagery

besides the obvious triangles, the strobe light sequence, the middle runway part, and the entire film has this aura of twilight, like you cant tell if its morning or night -- and that added superbly for the part where they hunt and kill her and also when the lesbien character has her period while naked in the full moon, very strange cult shit

and the scene where the two models are showerin off her blood, the cut of their legs intertwined with blood streaming down being cleaned, very masonic illumanti tier imagery i enjoyed that a lot

i didnt like the ending, and i didnt like the scene with jena malone making out with the dead body, that scene was pointless, but i liked the

the ending felt like they were trying to do the wickerman, but it didnt really work out

7/10

>I w-was only criticizing the fashion world
>3 women cannibalize a young girl out of spite
This Danish dumb fuck probably thought he'd get away with this DEEP symbolism.

literally SEMEN DEMON the movie amirite? SEMEN DEMON get it? heheheheheh

Why would you expect women to ever carry a movie?

me, I knew him trying to capture the feminine expression of violence was a mistake

by this what mean he did?

20th of October in cinemas

That is stupid. It is out in 1080p until then.

I can nonetheless recommend it, though. One of the movies you should watch in the cinemas.

This. It's one of the few actual movies this year.

If you're one of those fags that liked Drive but couldn't really find any value in OGF, don't waste your money.

why was Keanu such a pedophile

Yea you're 100% right. I've already seen it but I think I'll love it even more at the movies.

>Neon Demon
>barely any Neon
>Literally no Demon

All men are pedos.

word

Is Refn /ourgoy/? He obviously knows about the jews and their shenanigans in hollywood

b-bump..

best movie this year

OGF is better than every movie by a mile

>barely any Neon

the reason why males are more attractive than females is that it is always the male who has to attract a female, this is a prevalent thing in the animal kingdom

It's the point when Jesse gets possessed by the Neon Demon.

There is a plot though, and it is coherent. Nothing elaborate, but it is till there.

Mountain lion = predator, symbolically it is referring to the predatory nature of the industry. Remember christina hendricks gave no fucks about her age, in fact they like them young, and it is made apparent that age is a considerable detriment to their livelihoods as models. Sleazy motel owner keanu reeves makes a living exploiting underage runaways.

Also of note, on your next viewing watch out for the stuffed animals in the house at the end. The predators (or the industry, or whatever) are lifeless and "stuffed" and therefore need to consume the flesh of the young to invigorate themselves.

The cult aspects are not accidental. It is very representative of the image of witches who prey on young virgins to steal their youth. The industry (and the world) is either jealous or exploitative of elle's youth/beauty.

>like you cant tell if its morning or night
That's an interesting point. If you recall elle is described as being "the sun in the winter" (a good metaphor for her vibrancy), and if you go back to your vampire mythology, vampires absolutely loathe sunlight.

This

This kino helped me realize that masonic lodges run the fashion industry

For the most part it's a movie about Elle Fanning being cute as fuck and everyone telling her so. I'm fine with that.

I liked it.

It was a good movie.

>at long last i have finally become the neon demon dedicated to liv

Really refn?

i get that the demons are women who feed upon their own but what are the neon?

The Neon double-triangle is the sign of the actual demon. Once she sees it, she's possessed.

THE NEON DEMON WAS LOS ANGELES ALL ALONG