Hello my dear Faggots

Hello my dear Faggots,

i'm going to post pictures of my new project every day i made progress.
This is going to be a Bomberman clone.
I read up a shitton about OpenGL programming (Books, Papers, Tutorials, not using any fagengine, going to code everything by myself), and my intention is to make the best fucking look Bomberman clone availabe.

I wajt to put as lot as i can graphical shit as possible in this game.

You can call me a faggot now, I'm just a regular programmer (since 7 years) after studying CS.
But i just ant to deliver you all with my progress.

Pic related is the very first impression.
More will follow

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pA8DdkM2Wqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

While I don't care about your lame project, as a dev who writes his own engines I have to applaud you for not using Unity and actually writing your shit from scratch; you are a rare breed user and I wish you luck.

This about not using unity
, do you have a twiiter or something shitty I can follow on so I can check progress to see if you accidentally the whole thing

i think bomberman is a perfect project.
you know, i read a shitton about OpenGL, the last ones were about Shadow-Mapping and Shadow-Volumes (Carmacks-Reverse) which i both implemented.
But what should i do with all that knowledge? Right, i need to code a game finally.
Bomberman seems to be a very interesting project. I can put as much effects as i want into this game, the game logic itself is easy, so why not?
If you have a better idea. i would love to know.

I wrote my own engine as well. 1.2 million lines of C++ code. Applaud me please.

>Carmacks-Reverse
Just so you know, Carmacks Reverse (z-fail) shadow-mapping is patented. Z-pass is not, but is slower, and both are obsolete nowadays. You should instead use a 2-pass depth fragment shader.

When I said I don't care about your project, I just meant I'm not excited about it, but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea. Maybe in 6 months you'll have more to show and I'll like it.

Either way I want you to succeed because like I said, people who write their own engines are a rare breed.

clap

youtu.be/pA8DdkM2Wqo

Clap

This made my day. The game will get finished sooner now. Thanks user.

>Just so you know, Carmacks Reverse (z-fail) shadow-mapping is patented.
Carmacks Reverse is a Shadow-Volume algorithm, not a Shadow-Mapping one.

I like Shadow-Volumes, because it's much easier. You just need adjacensy information for ever vertex. But as it only is able to deliver hard shadows, i'm nit going to use it in the final game.

Shadow-Mapping sucks major dicks. It is no "drop-in" algorithm. You have to finetune it always. But in the end, it wins, let alone for soft shadows

My point is, z-fail shadow volumes are patented, which means you can't use them.

It was patented, nope stolen by Creative labs from Carmack.

yes i know. and in my sparetime i can use z-fail as long as i want.
i said: i DON'T want to use shadow-volumes in my final product, but switch to shadow-mapping one day. Even if shadow-mapping sucks major dicks, it is the only algorithm (after a lot of tweaks) you can use

Op here.
But whatever guys. I just started, and i'm going to enhance that game step by step. if someone want to follow my progress, i would be happy.

in the next days, i'm goint to look for a new job in software-dev. but it will pretty sure end up in a coocksucking piece of shit job, where i have to deal with sql-databases or similar shit.

i just wanted to say: in the next 2-2.5 years, i'm going to build a bomban-clone where i implement every single shader and realtime tech i learned in the past years.

in the meantime, i will write some progress here.

see you soon

Is there some kind of fascist anti-Unity club? I'm in

That's awesome OP, i love bomerman. I programmed opengl/c++ to make my own rts. I have given up on it though. I may resume again one day. Don't surrender like i did! pic related

>and actually writing your shit from scratch; you are a rare breed user and I wish you luck.
thank you

my major problem is, that i have no arthist, that can build textures or levels and shit in photoshop or blender.

make it multiplayer and free
and with customizable characters, if you want to earn some money

doesn't look that bad

>make it multiplayer and free
this is intended

is it true that if you use unity they can steal all your neat game design ideas and reproduce them on shitty phone games and pay you nothing for your effort because they didn't technically steal your IP just the data that they have rights to through their absurd EULA

If you have neat game design ideas you don't use Unity. Unity is good if you just want to mess around and get something playable fast.
Like doing a shitty clone of a game that has 1.6 million clones already.

link?

what if you want to multiplat

Op here.

Someone Screencap this this thread.
I'm going to deliver you a playable alpha in one year from now

Sup Forums is a newfag domain. No one here gives a shit probably. You'd be better off over at the amateur game development general on /vg/.

Yooka Laylee used unity and it's getting a Switch port. Shitty but made a ton of money

fiverr.com? sth like that

There are tons of ready to use textures and 3d models. Start with some moving silly objects. I second avoiding the expensive shit that is unity. You pay for stuft you never use and still need expensive Plugins for real work

i know those sites. problem is, that they don't deliver a continuous set of assets

Do you plan to open source the project?

Add lolis.

No project with lolis ever gets finished

Why though? What could you produce that will exceed the work of dedicated dev teams? I'm genuinely curious btw, not trying to be a dick

Tell me why you did it and why it's better than other engines. Lines of code alone are not worth applause; your engine could be used only in a single scenario and could be much worse than other engines in every way. The time and amount of code required to the build the engine in no way make it useful, worthwhile or even slightly worth applause.

LOL you'll wake up tomorrow and completely forget about it. I know so many people like you. You say you're going to look for a job but you won't actually put any heart in it. Just your language "coocksucking piece of shit job" tells me that you're underage and highly unlikely to succeed in any of the short-term employment plans you have,.

I usw cocos-2dx which gives you the basics but still its lotz of working to make something great

I said: add lolis.

Dude nobody cares about my shit so I'll gladly tell you.

Wrote this thing, it's like Poke'mon + Minecraft.. It's been a long time, mostly hobby since 2008. Full time on it now. On my own I can work 3 devs worth of production. NOT that i am better than 3 devs on their own, but politics gets in the way of dev teams I think.

I have carpal and cubital tunnel in both hands from it sucks balls. I got links if you want them but it won't blow you away or anything

Working on www.RealmQuest.com if you'd like to help me out with that, it's a virtual reality online role-playing game.

Are you still living with your sister?

well are you living with your sister, or not?

Naw, live with yours now.

Sweet this is really the most interest I've ever gotten on this. What you said about single use and same-code size is true. My engine is all on it's own without boost or anything. It uses the STL only so I hard coded a lot of the base.. the advantage is I can port it iOS, Android, Desktop, Mac.. for free.. It is not better than other engines at all.. i'm one person man. It's for a single game... But the code base can be used for a shit ton of games.. I have started using it for Ludum Dare.. it's not Unity by any means but IMO it's way more responsive than Unity.. I care more about people seeing my game than the code.. but I like to say how much code there is

Good luck OP, never give up!

crap start, but at least it is a start. Also why the fuck isn't this thread in Sup Forums instead?