Schengen

Eurofags

What are your thoughts on Schengen?
How often do you travel to other European countries?

good idea

shit because Mahmud Al Holandi can travel freely

I went to Spain, Belgium, Italy and Germany. And to Czech when they were still not in it. And Swiss too.

we should close the borders, only criminals profit from this, anus amri is/was a good example.

Great, except for the outer EU borders being weak.
I'll be using the interrail system to visit france, germany, austria and italy in july.

Never left my country.

Very often, I used to live in southern Sweden and everytime I travelled abroad I travelled twice, because I used to go to the airport in Copenhagen

Your country is smaller than most US states. How the fuck is that possible?

Can't you just bike for a couple hours and be in Spain?

Spain is 100Km from were I live, I'm almost 40 and yet I never left my country.

I go to Germany for groceries (read:alcohol) every other month.

Schengen should have been smaller.

I've been to the Algarve, it was very nice.

It's nice. I mostly travel on holidays

I can go shopping in Denmark or the Netherlands just for shit and giggles, when I travel else where is doesn't make a difference

would be good if eastern euros didn't exist

*I need papers for the plane anyways

good idea if there weren't countries full of muslims like sweden or france and if romania were out

Complete disaster. Why? When one country starts to give passports to every immigrant, those immigrants can basically go to every European country with that passport. Sweden has basically given Swedish passport (also European passport at the same time) to every individual who wants one. If living conditions suddenly starts to go down in Sweden those same non-Native-Europeans can leave Sweden and just go to next country leaving Native-Swedes with basically ruined country. This results to "benefit tourism" as we call it. Non Native-European people start to move around Europe chasing countries with best benefits and best work places. It basically becomes a USA-Mexico border but with legal border crossings and between multiple countries.

Simply put, Schengen is a disaster. It works well between Native-European people but non Native-Europeans just take advantage of the whole system and have basically ruined it for everyone.

Brings with it some problems regarding beggars and thieves who can now suddenly travel freely and we can't do anything about it, but overall a good thing. Crossing borders is completely hassle free, there's just a sign saying "welcome" and a customs booth. I've been to Sweden hundreds of times, and a few years ago I traveled around Eastern Europe and it was super easy.

The problems with the whole system Schengen aren't worth it. At least for me. Before the Schengen you could travel between European countries by just showing your passport. No legal and honest citizen should have any problems showing passport. Criminals and not so honest citizens on the other hand could have problems with showing passports and they basically are the main group of people who really benefit from whole Schengen system. My personal opinion tho.

IMO the visa free travel should only be available to actual citizens and perhaps a select few countries outside of the area (canada, uk etc) and in addition to that have some sort of mechanism to make sure no country is just handing out citizenships/passports like candy.

Why the fuck would you visit Spain? They are just loud, watered down Portugal who can't cook.

Any worthy trip would require us to travel beyond the Pyrenees which is a bigger bother.

>can't cook

Spanish cuisine isn't that bad, to be fair.

It's just close enough to Portuguese to feel like it's cooked wrong when I eat it. The differences standout more than the merits to my taste. Also, unless you go to someone's house, the restaurants are mostly tapas, which are okay, but nothing amazing, especially if you don't drink beer.

Kick these poor fuckers out

native European people take advantage of it too by leaving their eastern shitholes and flooding western Europe

Thats entire point of schengen tho

just look at this, westerners now group us with southerners, if that's not a civilizational promotion I dont know what it is

>the restaurants are mostly tapas
That's so not true

>only criminals profit from this
And rich enterpreneurs and lobbyists. Oh wait...

Pretty great. I crossed the US-Canadian land border and it was a huge pain in the ass. If this is what a land border is like between two friendly nations then I don't want that shit here.

Good in theory, shit in reality, since it enables sand people to move around.

Are liquor taxes higher in Holland? I know that the Danes like to drive their boats to Germany just to buy alcohol for that reason.

> cooked wrong
t. Codfish with noodles and """vinho""" verde
You should look less like an obvious tourist if you want real food, João.

>tfw only been to wales