Name a remmake that is better than the original

Name a remmake that is better than the original.
Also name an american remake that is better than the european original.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RBZVsLoSsDU
imdb.com/title/tt0050086/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Office

1. The Thing
2. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The fly

Hard mode: Don't say The Fly.

Also, The Thing isn't really a remake. The Thing and The Thing From Outer Space both come from the same source material, but that doesn't make The Thing a remake just because its newer.

Pour elle = French
The Next Three Days = American remake

youtube.com/watch?v=RBZVsLoSsDU

Maniac (2013) is way better than Maniac (1980).

king kong
the office (up to season 3)

Ocean's Eleven

The one with Jack Black? That one was shit

Wrong.

Good choices.

I'd also add the 70's Invasion of the Bodysnatchers.

Battlestar Galactica.

You're mum is shit

The U.S. version of The Office was so much better. It was an ensemble of interesting and funny individuals both on and off screen. It flew off the rails a couple times but even the worst episode was better than that U.K. trash. Fuck Ricky Gervais.

a bit rude don't you think?

Sorry. I'm sure your mum's very nice. I just disagreed with you saying the King Kong movie is shit, because I thought it was good. I guess I was exaggerating my disgust for comedic effect by insulting your family (people do that a lot on this website, I suppose I was trying to fit in). Hope we can move past this.

Scarface

It makes the original look utterly amateurish.

Solaris (2002)

Delete this post.

This

Nic Cage was a revelation.

Dredd remake was a lot better than the original film. I love the original but the new one was much better in every way.

Does Mission Impossible count?

Then there is The Departed, True Grit, Scarface, 3:10 To Yuma, Little Shop of Horrors, Ocean's 11, and a bunch of others that people always bring up when a question like this gets asked that includes The Thing and The Fly.

Evil dead remake was good too (though not better), and so was the Dawn of the Dead remake.

Technically it is still a remake. Remake implies a re-making regardless if it is from the source material or a previous film. I mean would you consider Batman Begins to be a remake of Batman '89? It was obviously based on the source material, but it is still a remake regardless.

>Name a remmake that is better than the original.

The Hills Have Eyes
The Blob
Little Shop Of Horrors
House On Haunted Hill
Cinderella

>Also name an american remake that is better than the european original.

Queer As Folk
Shameless

I love Tarkovsky, and the original was incredible, but Soderberghs remake was pretty fantastic. I like the fact that it didn't try to be Tarkovsky, and it was more of a poetic interpretation/translation of the first.

But it's definitely not a very fashionable opinion to have amongst film students.

Swear half of these aren't remakes. 3:10 to Yuma? Dredd? Little Shop?

I don't remember there being a Blob remake. Is it actually good?

Which version of The Blob are you familiar with?

The 80's version is a remake

>half of these aren't remakes
Are you serious? I'm actually curious now, how old are you? Or what country are you from?

>3:10 to Yuma
imdb.com/title/tt0050086/

50's one.

25 (if that matters). UK.

Dredd: owes nothing to the Stallone version. It's based off the comic so I don't consider it a remake. Departed, haven't seen, know nothing about. True Grit I guess counts, but again, it's based on a novel.
Scarface, yup, that's a remake
3:10 to Yuma, no idea.
Little Shop was based on a stage musical, right? I wouldn't count that.

filtered

>imdb

reddit

Heh... the Britfag has a point about the films based on books. Never thought of that.

Funny that you don't consider Dredd or Little Shop but consider Scarface a remake when Scarface is the least like the original source material out of all those I mentioned.

Didn't know Scarface was even based on a book. Or that there are two Little Shop movies. I'm learning a lot today.