Alright Sup Forums what is your favorite album of all time? Why is it your favorite album...

Alright Sup Forums what is your favorite album of all time? Why is it your favorite album? Convince and bitch about why it is the best. GO!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=51hih5cu-FQ
innerviews.org/inner/holdsworth2.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best Red Hot Chili Peppers album

Californication was better

Finally someone who has better taste.

i agree with you

Explain why

Dubs demands why

>pic related
Phenomenal musicians writing outer space progressive metal

art cover is fucking stellar

I've been listening to them for a fucking while but this particular album has this nostalgic effect on me everytime i listen to it

kinda makes me go back to the time i used to listen to it all the time

Real man conversation, ignore the fags..

No but i totally agree. Such amazing music.

interesting fact
Allan Holdsworth was supposed to solo on every tracks and one night he was coming back from the pub, he listened to his recordings and thought they were shit so he deleted all 7 tracks he had recorded on it

apparently the whole band had to re-record all the material and you only hear him on Desert Girl

rest of the album you hear Tony MacAlpine and Brett Garsed

i wonder what it would've sounded like if Allan wasn't such an overly perfectionnist self defeatist lad

his solo on desert girl always gave me brain shivers man

Now see

This is a thing you do to piss off Sup Forums.

Now go piss of Sup Forums.

How did Allan Holdsworth "delete all 7 tracks he had recorded on it"?
Did he have the original masters lying around with him?

Because

he has(had, rip) his own studios

my guess was that he probably had the original masters on his DAW and deleted them on a drunken stupor

i mean, look it up, i've read from an interview of him on the web

John Frusciante is a god.

Not sure of my all time favorite. Could easily name 5-10.

my nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=51hih5cu-FQ

A fucking god.

I have legit hearing damage from listening to "Central" at max volume.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite of all time but it doesn't really get old to me

dookie was the best

here, i found it
>Yes, I’ve done that a few times. Things can be hard because sometimes when I play something, it’s going to have similarities to something I’ve done before. I try not to do the same things so it feels like I’m really improvising, but sometimes I catch myself and think “Geez, didn’t I hear that somewhere else?” and I’ll go and erase two or three tracks at a time. I did a lot of stuff for the guys in Planet X. I was supposed to play on everything on one of their albums, but in the end I only played on two tracks. I originally played on seven tracks, but I came back from the pub one night and played the stuff and hated it, so I erased it. The next morning, I thought I should listen to the original tracks again to see what I could do with them, but in my stupor, I had actually reformatted the drives and needed to get the material retransferred so I could start again. Unfortunately, I ended up not finishing the project. It’s funny. Jimmy Johnson would sometimes come to my house and pay a visit just to make sure I wasn’t erasing everything when we were working together. [laughs] I dunno. I always want things to be better and it never is in the end. You eventually just give up and go “Okay, I guess that’s it.” Once a record is done, I never worry about it again. I’ll slave over it for months and once I get to a certain point, I move on.

Green Day is dookie on it's own

Dirt is better

Jar of flies is their best but both are amazing.
Atmosphere on jar of flies is something else...

Muh man

Fantastic Album. I'm torn between that and Deja Entendu for my favorite album by them. Really can't go wrong with Brand New

it brings some hardcore funk

This is the most complex hip hop I've ever heard. When I first found it I played it on loop for 3 hours. I hear new things every time I listen to it. They use intricate wordplay to tell a story that teaches you something every song. The artists really pour their soul into the mic.

This album has never gotten old for me

Coldplay's XY.

Honestly idk why, I think older coldplay is good music and they started going downhill with Viva la Vida.

But XY has like five songs that give me chills. Square One, White Shadows, Talk, Low, Swallowed in the Sea. I can't explain it, because I actually love to hate on coldplay. But when I think of what album I have that I enjoy listening to the most, it's either that one or Matchbox 20's "Yourself or Someone Like You.

My dude

bleach was better

Blood Sugar Sex Magick is the best

ya. i would much rather drink bleach than listen to nirvana as well

Same. Still blows my fucking mind that nirvana is STILL more commercially successful than Foo Fighters.

Oh fuuuuuck you. Not only an overrated band, but one of their worst albums? Your taste is shit.

Californication, Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and even One Hot Minute were better.

If you're looking for something a little more complex or different than I highly recommend Zaba. The album is unlike anything I've ever heard, and so it can be hard to draw comparisons. It's a psychedelic and otherworldly journey that doesn't dive too far into the soundscape genre but still delivers beautiful and complexly layered environments in a more rooted and familiar form. If you check it out then I highly recommend listening cover to cover as opposed to picking out individual songs. Enjoy your journey

Foo fighters are just as bad as nirvana. I wish Dave Grohl would pull a Kurt Cobain