How is the edible high compared with the smoking high? They say edibles. Ake you MUCH MUCH MUCH more higher

How is the edible high compared with the smoking high? They say edibles. Ake you MUCH MUCH MUCH more higher.

Is this true? What so different about it than a smoking high?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11-Hydroxy-THC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Edibles tend to last longer and can be much more intense.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11-Hydroxy-THC

Edibles take me a lot higher honestly but only cuz it's harder to dose properly if you don't know the content.

Grow up and stop dedicating your life to weed. That being said you need a shitload of weed to make it worthwhile otherwise you get semi-buzzed, at least that's my experience. The high lasts longer but not as intense you could say.

as a person who eats edibles alot, edibles tend to hit you harder and its more of a "fucked-up" high, while smoking is a "chill" high.

Idk what the scientific shit is but to me it seems that the process is just a lot more sped up so instead of getting high in a 30-45 minute sesh (depending on how much you're smoking at a time and who you are), you get that high in a matter of minutes. I don't necessarily think you get much higher, the high just hits you like a truck.

The only time ive greened out is from an edible. and ive smoked alot of pot in my day

Edibles take time to digest in your system (up to two hours depending on how full your stomach is!) And is 10x more psychoactive in your brain. If properly dosed, it is possible to get closed eye visuals from edibles, especially concentrates like Rick Simpson Oil. (Depending on tolerance of course)

you can eat a hell of a lot more than you can smoke before realizing you've had too much or just enough even

The high is terrible IMHO, lot more like being way too drunk.

With smoking, it's a strong initial high that diminishes fairly quickly.

With edibles, it takes time to come up and come down, generally remaining strong for 4+ hours compared to only 2-3.

Any kind of decarboxylated Cannabis that is ingested orally is going to hit you like a sledgehammer provided you do your homework to find a dosage that is effective for you given your overall size, metabolism, and natural tolerance to THC.

When you light up, the flame of burning the weed actually heats the cannabis up to the point that THC molecules break down and are destroyed. Only about 30% of the THC in the hit actually makes it into your system. The rest is lost in smoke, or is broken down into product compounds that are no longer THC.

Smoking is fast and easy. Orally ingesting it takes longer - about 3 hours for it to work it's way into your system fully. It can be either a pleasurable high, or you can find yourself on the ride wanting to get off long, long before it's even close to being finished.

I don't like edibles, usually I either don't get high or get way way too high. I'll stick with smoking thanks

Smoked 40+ yrs...ate 6 cookies and got fuckin blitzed almost like trippn

You're more likely to get the spins

My brother goes into the city (Boston) from time to time and he has a guy who sometimes sells him cookies. We only ate them about half a cookie or maybe even less at a time. Some edibles are ridiculous, trust me.

Denverfag here. I smoke a lot but sometimes edibles. My edible tolerance is pretty low and holds high medical value for pain. But they usually just lock me down and gravity has thriple the effect. Had a 500mg edible at once on accident. My couch turned into a rocket ship man. It was an anxious crazy ride that felt like the blood was being pulled into my face with G force...but I was just sitting there breathing slow and deep while trying not to freak out.
>tldr: edibles can be good. I don't like them. Be careful

the spins are fun though

Essentially like a psychedelic?

That pic blows my mind

It depends on the edible. Most are made with bho because it makes dosing more easy. This removes a lot of cbd. So the high is harsher, even in relatively low doses. If you make homemade with dry herb then sometimes it's mellow as hell even though you're completely upholstered.
They sell indica and sativa pills at the dispensaries but in my experience it doesn't make a difference. they have half cbd half thc pills but I've never tried them. They're twice the cost and the whole point of the pills is that they're discreet in public. So the only real appropriate time to use the pills is at a concert and who wants to be couch locked at a festival? That's another thing to consider. Edibles create a high that lasts for hours and hours and can take just as many to set in. They're not perfect for a 2 hour event. So think long festival. Like with acid.

I wouldn't liken it to a psychadelic, but edibles can take you to the absolute limit of how high a person can possibly be.

I had the opportunity of taking a rick-simpson-oil based cannabis pill one time and it made me trip balls so bad that I was laying on my couch for about 8 hours in a state of delirium having auditory hallucinations that my doorbell kept ringing.

I haven't had an edible in years.
That said, I still smoke every day pretty much.

Would rather smoke than eat

first time I ate a special brownie
>Figured id eat a whole brownie so id feel it
>eat whole thing, tasted bad
>wait 30 mins+
>slowly start to get high
>all of a sudden get super high
>was sitting on my bed about to put on another tv show or movie
>sat there and stared at a blank screen for hours
>was too high to move or do anything

and from there on I only ate half of brownies or cookies and everything was okay

All my what? The average pill ranges from 10 to 50 mg. You'd need to take like 600 mg to reach that level and you'd probably puke your guts out. That's called greening out and I'd never recommend it. If you want to reach the peak high without ralphing all over the place then you need 90+ percent thc dabs. Which is also stupid. If you take so many dabs that you're that high you're incredibly likely to burn yourself. I got my arm reaching over the bong to grab a beer. Fucker branded me.
Picture is old but I'm actually down to dry herb.

how much did that cost you?

Yo Sup Forums, I've never smoked or had edibles, what should I start with?

Smoke a little first. If you get too high from edibles its gonna be hours until that wears off.

Try cooking with bho. It doesn't take a whole gram of the cheapest shatter in the dispensary. The stuff that's so hard that you basically have to chisel it or heat your tool first. It's 20 to 25 dollars and flavorless. You take that and decarb it then mix with mct oil. No further action is required. After that you can cook with it and make anything. It's actually simpler than making it with dry. The conversion ratio of the thca to thc is higher so you'll also be wasting less. So don't let that only 8 or 9 hundred mg of thc fool you. Dispensary candies are only 100 mg per entire bar. 10 mg is a dose. So you can easily fit 80 doses in a pan of brownies. This is a bad idea.

I think that one was 40. It's better than the cheap stuff but not sure it was worth it. It's from thcu

Nice trips dad

what is the edibul trips user how do?

DABS. But be careful. We all have scars from it.

Smoke a quarter in the amount of time it takes you to eat a brownie and tell me which is actually stronger.

If smoking makes you paranoid, does eating make you less paranoid? Had someone tell me that once before...

Depends on the edible and the weed. Durban Poison vs lemon sour diesel.

No. It makes you just as paranoid as the source. The source is almost always a hybrid bho unless specified on the label. So expect mild paranoia. If it says sativa and it's made with bho them expect to be very paranoid. In which case it's only really good for horror movies and such. Not every day use. I once took some sativa pills before going out to dinner. Sucked so much. Ruined the date. Always read the label.
Dispensary pills kick ass

What is that anus clover?

The thing that most people don't realize is that you need to eat most of the edible up front - don't wait till later, you have to eat it all right at the beginning.

If you don't feel high within like 45 minutes tops you should eat more. Ideally, you'd double it because, again, you need to eat it mostly at the front.

Front load it or don't even bother.

Not true at all. Suppository is better. the posterior is superior