Tech gore thread. Post your worst

Tech gore thread. Post your worst.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kOCfLN0bKcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whooa thats an interesting idea

What the fuck even if that were frozen how long could that last? Nigger's got a monitoring app and a cooler filled with daikons

Probably less than 10 minutes.

Yeah. Fuck i love welfare fixes. So quirky. I wonder if he considers condensation. It looks like the clasp is inside the radish a little bit

ooops....thought you said SPIC gore...
My Bad...

If you're dumb enough to use a radish as a heat sync I doubt you know what condensation is.

OH MY FUCKING GOD WHY

How else was he supposed to make it fit?

CHECKED

nice quads Sup Forumsro

This makes me cry every time

I used to have one of these.

For about a year I kept two ziplock bags of creamed corn in the freezer on a flat surface.
I played many, many hours of CS:S with my laptop sitting on a block of frozen creamed corn. It would get hot as fuck and laggy because the heat sink was clogged with dust and I was too dumb to know.. But that corn would suck the heat right out of the bottom of the case and it would never stutter once. I could get roughly 3 hours total out of both sides of one bag, with 3 bags in rotation I could play all night.

After I got my shit together and cleaned the sink the corn was no longer necessary, it was a decent performing laptop for it's time.
But yeah, fucking creamed corn, man.
Refrigerant of the future...

This is why lanyards should be integrated into everything.

Fuck my ass that was an awesome story

Did you experiment with any other frozen foods?

No, it was a discovery of necessity, like all important things.

Was condensation ever an issue? Did you use some sort of barrier like a paper towel?

Fucking hell.

No, I kept it on a countertop. the bottom would get wet, but the top touching the latop didn't. Like I said, the laptop got hot as fuck, it was a latitude, one of their gaming series at the time so everything ran full blast and hot anyway even when it could breathe, so it was likely high temp and above the dew point between the two objects.

Sort of on topic but slightly in a different direction.

I've always loved threads like this, and I came across some youtube channels dealing with fucked up tech and cleaning/ restoring them into working condition. It's so fucking satisfying. The last one I watched was this one about an NES. youtube.com/watch?v=kOCfLN0bKcg

Uh, this is actually not that bad.

I wish I had a role model like you while growing up.

I've seen a few of this guy's videos. The one with the keyboard where the entire bottom was rusted because of leaking batteries was a good one. I always admire people with those kinds of restoration skills and patience.

How so? Wouldn't you run the risk of mineral deposits building up and causing a short?

I wanna see how clean/dirty wasd are.

Some things are probably better left unknown.

I used to work for an electronics warranty company where we would have to file claims on electronics. Since I was a supervisor, i would get rejections to service from our repair facility. these rejections always had a picture attached. (i was unable to save them to post here, sadly, due to the rules) Most of the time it was damage due to physical trauma (something that was not covered under out plan) and we had to call the customer back to explain why we were rejecting the claim... but every once and a while i'd have some really disgusting shit come by my desk. I'm talking insect infestations, various bodily fluids, mold, sour milk. Some of them were really quite bad. I think some of the craziest were the infestations. dead mice (plural) in the tower, ant hills, cockroaches, termites and all the shit and filth they left behind... The technicians at the repair facility would simply take a picture and immediately seal the electronic in plastic, box it up and send it back to the customer.

Yup..

>he

Women don't even know what computers are. It's a safe assumption to make.

cunt

Wait, ant hills? How the fuck do ants make a hive in a computer unless you use it outside?

Don't ask me man - but there was literally dirt and a bunch of dead ants inside the computer tower. and when I say a bunch, i mean a fuck ton

If you had to rate them, what are the top 5 or so most disgusting or perplexing computers you've seen on the job?

Call me retarded (i'm sure you will regardless) but, aside from any potential fuckups caused by the actual mechanical scrubbing and soap residue, wouldn't it still work if it was hypothetically 100% dry when plugged back in?

Having an ant problem in your home isn't uncommon, but for that level of shit to happen, the fucker must be lazy as fuck to not get it taken care of

That's just it, user

Once you're touched by water, you will never be 100% dry

I would imagine so if you used deionized water, my point is mineral deposits causing shorts or the pH of the water causing rust or decay.

This is too much,
I'm triggered

Gr8 story, bro.

you can never have too much

He tried to save that piece of crap.

>heat sink
>NOT sync
You haven't synchronised anything, stupid faglord.

You've synchronized the heat with the surroundings.

Topkek desu

this took a bit of thought

5. I guess i can kinda lump together all the baby vomit and milk because this was pretty common. kids would throw up on the computer or pour their drink down one of the vents of a computer. the shit got spoiled and moldy if it did not immediately short out the computer. i figure most customers did not use their computer often so it must have dried before they tried to use it again.
4. once a guy put spray insulation foam in the tower. i regret to this day not calling this guy back personally because i really wanted to know why he did it.
3. A wasps nest in the computer tower - i have no idea how the guy did not realize this, but apparently when they opened the tower they were still alive.
2. a dead garden snake (it scared the shit out of the service center guy)
1. the tower had become a nest for mice, aside from a two dead mice in the tower it was full of their bedding and shit and piss. the guy apparently just took out his fan because it was not working, and that's how the mice got entry. i figure they went in there because it was warm. i've never seen something like that in my life

When I first saw that I prayed it was fake... but the dates... that was something like $400-$500 at the time. top kek

Now the heat runs at the same Hertz as the living room sofa and a blender Nick forgot the other day

>wasp nest
I... I have no words.

That fan is a real trooper.

NSFW

seriously, that's some high quality shit

Seconding

Where's the gore?

...and nothing of value was lost

cryinglaugh.emoji

This thread makes me feel better about myself. I opened up my tower for the first time in at least a year to install some new parts. It was pretty dusty but nothing straight up blocked or damaged.

How often do you guys clean your rigs?

I should've save the image as typicalmacuser.jpg

you must be apple blind

Every season start

Once it becomes visibly dusty, which for me is about 2 times a year.

now for the top 6-20, please.

"Me and this PC have been through a lot together...I took it with me when I was in Desert Storm"

once a month i blast it with canned air, then every 3 months i take the case off to check and clean more thoroughly

fucking fag

seconded

Oh fuck off, my sides have gone past Pluto
>Gift

If you made sure the caps had discharged and thoroughly dried it it would be fine.

I guess it's in the fact that someone bought a macbook

Took me like a full minute until I realized those were fucking eggs. Fuck. Kill me now

i read that in carls voice

I guess

yup...fukkin disgusting