/180/: UNIBET MASTERS DAY 3

The 2017 Unibet Masters concludes today from Milton Keynes with the quarterfinals in the afternoon followed by the semis and final tonight.

Out first last 8 match sees dancing clown Peter Wright play groping bastard Phil Taylor. Snakeshite was noticeably under-fire against Ian White and after the imminently retiring Pheel put in a classic display to defeat Michael Smith, top form Wright will be needed to ensure this is Taylor's final match of the tournament. One man who was on top form in round 1 was Gary Anderson, who averaged nearly 110 to dispose of Benito van de Pas, and this has set up a meeting with Raymond van Barneveld, who had Dave Chisnall's terrible finishing to thank for his victory. Robert Thornton pulled off the upset of round 1 by taking out James Wade in typically gritty fashion, but will have to hope Adrian Lewis, who showed signs of his best against Kim Huybrechts, has a food relapse as Wee Rabbie hasn't defeated Sweatpot since April 2013. Ending the afternoon is a repeat of October's European Championship final with World Number 1 Michael van Gerwen against Mensur Suljovic; MVG's ton out finishing was his only real weakness in his defeat of Simon Whitlock while the now top gear Gentle sent fellow speedster Jelle Klaasen packing.

Coverage starts at 12:45pm UK time on ITV4.

>Today's matches (12:45pm start, best of 19 legs)
Taylel (6) v Snakeshite (3)
Gary "Big Game Counter" Anderson (2) v Barney (10)
Robert "The Winner Thorns It All" Thornton (12) v SnackP&Ot (4)
MvGOAuTism (1) v CAN'T CENSOR THE MENSUR (8)

>Tonight's matches (7:00pm start, best of 21 legs)
Semi Finals
Final

>Day 2 roundup
pdc.tv/news/article/w5clr0rm4r0910qv2hejubekt/title/2017-unibet-masters-day-two

Other urls found in this thread:

shieldsgazette.com/news/man-threw-ex-down-the-stairs-in-row-over-smashed-plate-1-7536850
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks comfy. I hope Mensur pulls out a surprise victory. Otherwise, it looks like Clown, Gando and Fatpot in the semis - which would be the top 4 seeds - again. Seroiusly, we have a problem here, it's starting to become annoying. We need more surprises, and not only in first round matches.

Last time we had the top 4 seeds in the semis was at the Euros. Not as common as you're suggesting it is.

>We need more surprises, and not only in first round matches.
Rest of the field has to improve to make it happen.

>Not as common as you're suggesting it is.
Maybe it was exaggerated, but still - If Taylel is gone, Gando and MvG will divide all the titles between them. Clown, Wade, Fatpot, Chizzy and Barney need to step up and steal a few of them, otherwise it will be a borefest. And with so many young guns around, there has to be one with can challenge MvG in the future - maybe Cadby will be that guy, though I don't know if that will really be an improvement to the situation.

And we're on now.

>If Taylel is gone, Gando and MvG will divide all the titles between them
Lewis has to start playing consistently as he's the only one who can really challenge them: Wade isn't heavy enough a scorer, Chizzy and Clown are bottlejobs and Barney is too inconsistent.

>there has to be one with can challenge MvG in the future - maybe Cadby will be that guy
All depends on how Cadby gets going in 2018 really.

We all know who will save us

>this terrible joint interview

>the state of this start

>Taylor miscounting again

>Gary Anderson performing brilliantly in a non-WC tournament

What the fuck?

Clown gonna get blasted

He looks completely off his head.

>83.94 average from Wright
lol

All hail the Bunt Destroyer.

Bdo levels of play

He now improved to slightly over 90. Comeback is on!

Wright lost this match in the first session by throwing absolute shit.

>it's real

DAT 116

Taylor showboating now.

Cringeworthy post match interview imminent.

Thankfully it wasn't even that bad

Mainly because it was short.

Still managed to name drop Federer into it.

MVG is the problem Gando isn't

REMOVE AUTISM

Good start

>wherever I am, I must also namedrop

THE MAX FROM BARNEY

THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX THE MAX

>Gando actually bothering to play for once
Guess he really wants a Worlds final rematch.

More of this in the ranked majors please, Gary.

>116 average from Gando

DAT 138

>Barney missing big 20 like that

So what was gandos end game here

>I don't gameraise you know!

DAT BARNEY 141!

GAMERAISER SHOOK AS FUCK

DAT 141

come on gando

DAT 134 TOPS TOPS

THAT TOPS TOPS 134

D A Y U M

DAT 134

LE 121 MAN!

>le 121 man

Why can't I hold all these ton plus finishes???

So what technology does gando have in those glasses?

anti-gameraiser technology

>Gando's Kryptonite is TV jobber Andy Smith
lel

couldn't watch yesterday

WTF Wade

>Scottish_national_anthem.wav

scottish_national_anthem.mp3

Just had no high scoring or consistent finishing.

You now realise Snackpot's walk on music is the recorded sounds he makes passing out the previous night's kebab and chips with chips

scottish_national_anthem.m4a

NICE 42 SNACKPOT

BRAVO LEWIS

>Thornton

Snackpot unironically being called "beloved"

>bounceout 167
Christ.

>Wee Chokie

>Rabbie

Considering how Rabbie bitches about a single misplaced dart, it's no surprise Mrs Thornton is a walking bruise.

Poor cow takes her life in her own hands every time she has to ask him to take the rubbish out.

Thornton's battering capabilities seem to be afflicting other similarly named men: shieldsgazette.com/news/man-threw-ex-down-the-stairs-in-row-over-smashed-plate-1-7536850

>"An argument began upstairs in the house while the woman's child was present and the defendant grabbed her and put her in a headlock. He then pushed her down the stairs where she landed at the bottom and was then thrown out of the house, luckily she sustained no serious injury. The defendant's mother said that the woman had thrown a dish-cloth at him."

>Alan "pretty good nick" Warriner-Little

wew

>They play for the right to face Michael van Gerwen...
>...
>...
>...or Mensur Suljovic

more like they play for the right to lose to Michael van Gerwen

>Thorny

>Wee Rabbie Thornton

DAT 140

>Deller is on a ferry somewhere
>Lewis producing his best darts for quite a while
Coincidence?

Of course not.

It's happening

Give Mens your powers \o/

\o/

\o/
\o/
\o/
\o/
\o/

>that inbred MVG supporting kid
lel

\o/

LE D14 MAN!

* * * MVG HITS 100+ FINISH SHOCKER * * *

>mensur
[autism activates]

>throwing at 10 on 81

Autism set to 100, 10-3 incoming

CHOO
CHOO
MOTHERFUCKER

>le never hit 170 finish man

sick of this gurning dutch prick tb h

Close!

Maybe when his kid arrives he'll become Barney II

>muh family

>MvG interview
I win I want win I good I win play and win want good win I win...

>Barneys face after dat 134 from Gando
Total breakdown.

And that D9 ends an excellent afternoon session.

The only top 4 player not to make it through was Peter Wright, whose pathetic surrender in the first 5 legs all but lost him the match against Phil Taylor. Citing an uncomfortable bed on Friday night as his excuse, Clownman didn't even average 50 in the first two legs as Philth smacked in a 153 to win the opener before hitting a 124 on the bull to win leg 4. Wright eventually got started after the first session but the three leg deficit was too much for him to overcome and despite hitting a 116 to bring it back to 9-5, he lost the next leg and went out.

Gary Anderson taking a non-Worlds event seriously? As much as this is hard to believe, it's happening as he took out Raymond van Barneveld, averaging 107. Barney hit a max out to tie the match at 1-1, but won just 2 of the next 8 legs as Gando went mad, hitting a 138 in the process. RVB hit 141 to try and stay in, but the Flying Scotsman delivered his own roofraiser with a tops tops 134 that pretty much ended it as Ray's 121 against throw was immediately broken to lose.

A Deller-less Adrian Lewis is something that needs to happen more often as he got rid of the clingy Robert Thornton. Thorn started with a 118 but was hit with some classic Lewis as the fat one went 5-2 ahead. He couldn't keep this advantage though as Rab clawed it back to within a leg three times, but the key moment was a big 140 from Aidey at 8-6 ahead that killed Thorny. There have been a lot of positives for the Scotsman these past two days after a terrible 2016.

Michael van Gerwen turned on the autism as he punished 3 missed darts from Mensur Suljovic at 2-2 to go 3-2 ahead and only dropped one more leg to win with a 108 average and 43% on doubles, three of the misses being failed 170 attempts.

Our semis from 7:00pm tonight are as follows:
>Phil Taylor (6) v Gary Anderson (2)
>Michael van Gerwen (1) v Adrian Lewis (4)
with the final afterwards.

See you then.

Your one hour warning.

>its a phil taylor wins every tournament in the year episode

Hello. Yes, is this 2013?

>the year 2020
>"its a MvG wins every tournament in the year episode"
>"Hello. Yes, is this 2017?"

>Federer-Nadal Grand Slam final
>Taylor playing really really good
Is this 2006?

>I HATE LOSING

kek. I definitely should webm this. brb!

Hurray for mr bean.

Well, got it right here, but it seems like Sup Forums doesn't allow webm with audio. Since I really only come here for /180/, I didn't know. Of course I could mute the audio, but this would defy the purpose.