Ariel Pink - Dedicated to Bobby Jameson

Well that was underwhelming.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=94rAxrSE65M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jealous John Maus, huh?? next time, stop riding altright's dick & wrte a good album

the state of Sup Forums in 2017

I just can't believe you've shilled with your friends every day on here

>what did i meam by this

The fact he made it lo fi on purpose shits me, the whole point of his early recordings is he had no other way to record in the days before ableton etc which gave him his sound. For him to turn around after 3 professional albums and put shitty pro tools filters on it to make it sound hip is fucking silly

>the whole point of his early recordings is he had no other way to record in the days before ableton etc
are you retarded? You think there was no way to record digitally before fucking ableton? Besides ableton was around in the early years of APHG. He always recorded to tape and made it sound lofi on purpose

Yeah I hate fake lo-fi, really pretentious bs

it's always been done on purpose you morons that's the point

it's a pop aesthetic

Were you even alive in 2001? Computer recording existed but you couldn't just boot up a laptop and start recording off a pirated DAW you melon

where do I start with ariel pink? I heard he hates grimes so I want to listen to him now.

Pom Pom is his best, the rest is trash or just derivative.

Album 6/10
Cover 9/10

I like the bit from Santa's in the Closet to Time to Live, and I love that Dreamdate Narcissist sounds like 60s psychedelia, it's a cool direction he should take more often.

Start with Thrash and Burn then go to Yas Dudette/Pedestrian Pop Hits

I think it's really good.

It's a decent album but I'm a little let down that he keeps remaking his old songs like let it go dude
youtube.com/watch?v=94rAxrSE65M

Pom Pom then listen to some singles from Before Today, but you can essentially give up there.

why am i not getting any (you)s from this, it's really disappointing

>being such a hater
Grimes btfo Ariel. First, he was forced to apologize, then he was kicked from 4AD's roster and now he's a nobody.

>kicked from 4AD

He only had a 3 album contract with them which he fulfilled with pom pom

Start with Before Today, pom pom, and DTBJ

then start on his older stuff with The Doldrums, House Arrest and Worn Copy.

Scared Famous is also good too

greatest album of all time

>its a pleb listens to an album once
all ariel albums take time to appreciate m8. besides shitty ass pom pom

>take time to appreciate
That's how you know they're shit.

I liked it better than pom pom. This album sounded more in line with the best parts of Before Today. Also, Kitchen Witch is a banger.

disappointment of the year

I have already listened four times, also Pom Pom is a masterpiece

Literally every album that you don't initially like grows on you. It's just the psychology of music. You like things more if you hear them more.

You are literally conditioning yourself to like shitty music, and then you claim you have better taste!

Mega link NOW!

How the fuck have I never heard of this guy before

>he was forced to apologize
>admitting that Grimes bullied him into an apology despite the whole thing being a misunderstanding and Ariel Pink never doing anything wrong
Thanks!

B T F O

No, that's a really good album.

pom pom is pleb filter
at first you think it's dumb pop, but then you realize it's Ariel finally freed himself from his Lo-fi crutches & unleashed his inner genius, and wrote banger after banger ;)
considering this, DTBJ is a step down: it sounds like B-sides from the Doldrums era.

Fuck off.

Link? Anyone?

Rank tracklist

Dedicated To Bobby Jameson
Time To Live
Feels Like Heaven
I Wanna Be Young
Kitchen Witch
Another Weekend
Bubblegum Dreams
Dreamdate Narcissist
Do Yourself a Favor