Dude i love post-rock, god is an astronaut, mono, the list could go on

>dude i love post-rock, god is an astronaut, mono, the list could go on

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=post-rock&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
youtube.com/watch?v=0GW2_1e5CvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why the fuck do you people care about this shit

>Boku no Normalfag Academia
You're one to talk

Reminder that post-rock is not a real genre.

The sooner you realize that post-rock turned to shit the moment it became a thing, the sooner you can throw 2nd and 3rd wave garbage in the bin.

>post-rock pleb appears

Is the problem Mono? I think they're pretty good desu, I really don't like God Is An Astronaut

Mono are a meme, all people like in OP always mention Mono.

dumb frogposter

mono is fantastic

>dude i love post-rock! slint, GY!BE, Sigur Ros, Talk Talk, the list could go on
Honestly it's as embarrassing as the example of

>dude i love post-rock, Talk Talk, Tortoise, Stereolab, the list could go on

>dude I love punk, sex pistols, green day, rise against, the list could go on

>dude I love free improv, AMM, Derek Bailey, Evan Parker, the list could go on

>dude I love metal, Electric Wizard, Boris, Sleep, Deafheaven, Liturgy, Earth, the list could go on

OK, what is good post-rock in your opinion then?

>dude 2nd and 3rd wave are shit lmao
>btw I never had an original thought lmao

Objectively first wave.

Nothing since post-rock isn't a thing.

>good
>post-rock

Pick one

Not going to spoonfeed you

>dude anime is good
>btw i've never talked to a girl

Funny, seeing as how 2nd and 3rd wave are derivative by nature.

>dude I love minimalism, Steve Reich, Philip Glass, Terry Riley, the list could go on

So basically you don't know any good post-rock and you just like to bitch all day, ok proceed with your shitposting

Cul de Sac
Tortoise
Talk Talk
Hood
Bark Psychosis
Pram
Gastr del Sol

If this helps you sleeping at night, go forth friend

Thank you, Tortoise and Talk Talk were victims of being meme'd earlier in the thread, but I do like them and will check out all those other bands

t. redditor

listen to long fin killie too

All shit that sounds good only in comparison with complete garbage like GY!BE, Sigur Ros and God is an Astronaut

wtf is wrong with her hand

np

I was considering recommending them too. I don't enjoy them personally, but I know they're considered to be another post-rock great.

You take that back about Pram you fucking hyperpleb RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Salaryman
Tarentel (the extended plays)
Disco Inferno
To Rococo Rot
vonneumann

Anyone who likes Pram is a pleb

A lot of these are pushing it. Disco Volante in particular has way too much wankery that you have to sift through to find the good stuff.

>Disco Volante
???

>dude I love post-rock, rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=post-rock&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries= the list is here

stereolab fags gtfo

I love Stereolab and Pram

>Disco Volante
m8

what is it with first wave post-rock albums and having one track that's a 10/10 buried amongst a sea of shit?

Let me guess. You think this is the case with Millions Now Living?

Stereolab is even worse than Pram

I'll enjoy listening to Caspian while you guys keep arguing.

Having the best and only good track being the opener is a common problem that's not really related to post-rock.

What did you think of the new death grips?

it is. all shitty third wave post-rock sounds the same, it's a genre unto itself by default

it's the inclusion of bands like talk talk that annoys me, they're actually good and have nothing to do with anything that came afterwards sonically

I haven't heard it and I don't plan to do so.

if you like pram but not stereolab you're trying very, very hard

Well if you can come up with a good genre label for Talk Talk, tell us. For now they'll always be remembered for being the *better* side of post-rock.

Macha
Carmine
Storm and Stress
Labradford
'O'Rang

for starters the "post-rock" albums they made have nothing to do with rock. they aren't an extension of rock or an expansion of it, they aren't related at all to rock, and they weren't a rock band beforehand. the sonic palette has more in common with chamber jazz

they aren't on the "good side" of post-rock, because that implies that the other good bands are similar to them in any way, which they aren't. first wave post-rock is a selection of completely unrelated bands that are retroactively grouped together for some unknown reason

Never heard of Carmine but I love all of these other bands.

Bump

Most wannabe metalfags only listen to EW and not Sleep honestly

>tfw i like post rock but i dislike talk talk

I can assure you that if they've heard Dopethrone, they've heard Dopesmoker

In my experience, Dopesmoker is too slow for them and then they never bring it up again in fear of being called a pleb, it might be different now though

Bampu

you have bad taste, but it at least it proves you're actually listening and not just deciding what to like based on whatever genre label is attached to it

Never understood the second or third wave hate. Just calling it second or third wave doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

It actually makes perfect sense, considering second wave started when the term was coined and people gathered awareness of it. The bands of second wave are obviously inspired by how the bands of first wave have now been brought together into a unifying context.
The line for third wave isn't as clear, but it's basically derivative of second wave and simplifies it to just being crescendocore.

>tfw when always considered talk talk and slint as proto-post rock and math rock.

should feel ashamed of myself lads.

But if we are to assume that second wave started when the term post-rock was started, that would make a release like Soundtracks for the Blind, Upgrade and Afterlife, and China Gate second wave, even though they are well within the first wave cannon. Would Hex by Bark Psychosis be considered second wave since it's inspired by Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock? What about Tortoise's Masquito single released in 1993, would we consider Tortoise second wave since that single sounds at least somewhat inspired by Slint, even though it was released in 1993?

Swans, Gastr del Sol and Cul de Sac have roots before post-rock was defined, the later two had post-rock albums before then. Swans are generally considered first wave because they were evolving into it during the first wave, you can clearly tell Soundtracks wasn't made to be a post-rock record, it was always its own beast.
Also, you bring up cases of bands taking inspiration from single bands, and not the genre as a whole, which is different.
You can take inspiration from Slint, or Talk Talk, but put them together and say they're the same genre, and you suddenly gain a completely different outlook.

When did you realize that this was the greatest Post-Rock album?

Most metalfags I know irl have listened to both bands' entire discographies, and surprisingly, many dislike Dopesmoker not for the slowness, but for the riffs. As someone who loves drone metal and doesnt care if it's too slow or long, Dopesmoker is just really contrived and boring. That being said my favorite Sleep album is Volume One so I might just be retarded

It can never be because of that god awful cover.

At least listen to Waiting To Hit

I want to fuck frog girl

I've listened to the album before.

It's actually the greatest album cover by virtue alone

David Hayter (voice of Solid Snake) pulled exactly this shit in an interview and I couldn't help but laugh
>"So you sing along to music or something to get your voice warmed up?"
>"Yeah punk rock mainly; Green Day, Foo Fighters"

I love you Mark Hollis

Bump

Why did you bump this? What did you want to talk about?

how do i get into post-rock?

i dont know, could you check it for her?

I like post-rock

Not an argument.

the "I'm 17 and just realized Mono is shit so I'll only rec overrated first-wave" starter pack

set fire to flames/ suffocate for fucks sake
avoid shit like explosions in the sky because it all sounds like the same fucking shit, literally can not tlel the difference.

>t. just listened to evpatoria

mama mia post-rock really is a shitty genre

2nd wave i can see an argument being made for but 3rd wave post rock is complete and utter shit.

I'd say start by listening to experiemtal bands of the 60s,70s, and 80s. By the time you reach the 90s, you'll understand where bands are taking influence from.

So start with stuff like Fauts, the Ascension, Larks Tongue in Aspic, Velvet Underground and Nico, Rock Bottom, Future Days, Neu!, and This Heat. Then go into the post-rock classics

>implying this song isn't goat
youtube.com/watch?v=0GW2_1e5CvQ

Talk Talk is fucking boring

>Third wave Post-Rock suc-

dickess fedoratard