He's like a non derivative version of grimes

he's like a non derivative version of grimes

more fuck able too, doesn't look like he constantly smells like cheese

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/pitchfork.com/news/57467-ariel-pink-calls-grimes-stupid-and-retarded/amp/
youtube.com/watch?v=s7rM67NPhZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he looks like he smells of the arts and crafts aisle of my local 2 dollar shop... ill pass

this guy probably smells like candles and laundry

his whole shtick is being derivitive tho.... thats the whole point of his music.

better than cheese and mediocrity

I'm only like 25% gay but I'd rather fuck Ariel than Grimes

He also called her a stupid feminist :D

>being a generic square number% gay

euch, how predictable

What percent gay are you my friend?

As for the link: google.com/amp/pitchfork.com/news/57467-ariel-pink-calls-grimes-stupid-and-retarded/amp/

Not really.
See

And where can I find what was actually said?

>said something stupid about Madonna
Didn't he just say that she's having a downward slide? He was right, and was called a misogynist for it. Ariel wasn't wrong about his assessment.

the difference between ariel and grimes is ariel actually had to work to get to where he's at.

exposed

What do you know

Noisey's assessment is retarded given the quotes. I'm done looking into this.

As far as I can tell, Ariel Pink made a joke about Madonna (specifically referencing her clear decline and lack of ability to make good music currently), and was called a misogynist for it. Madonnas manager called it false, and apparently Ariels a sexist because he said that women have a man behind them in the industry or something?

Looks like a wrinkly kurt cobain

like Hugh Laurie.

In terms of songwriting, there literally shouldn't be a contest, Grimes is literally flavor of the month """""indie"""""" pop for teen girls who shop at HMV

Ariel though not the most likeable, you cannot deny his songwriting ability, and it's been so consistent throughout his career - not only that but he came from fairly humble beginnings in terms of what he was trying to achieve with APHG

Is it not incredibly obvious grimes is a boring industry plant who has men produce her work then take credit for it to get corporate white feminist points?

She shouldn't even be in the same fuckin sentence as the person who made The Doldrums...

>Didn't he just say that she's having a downward slide?
He made an inherently mysogenistic characterization of Madonna's music (which he has since separately disavowed as having been him just repeating things said to him by others in the industry) as an earlier side comment in the same interview he talked about Madonna's music going on a 'downward spiral'. Grimes read the interview and called him out over the characterization. However some idiot in the press saw her comment and, mistakenly thinking it was made in reference to the 'downward spiral' thing, asked AP to respond. To which AP responded with the 'stupid and retarded' comment, which would've been an accurate assessment of Grimes' comment if the journalist's characterization of her comment had been accurate.

What was inherently misogynistic about his comment?

And Grimes didn't? Dude learn about her biography. She worked really hard to get where she's at. e.g. She paid a friend with cans of chickpeas to teach her how to operate a sampler. She started singing in cold warehouses: youtube.com/watch?v=s7rM67NPhZ8

>Grimes is literally flavor of the month """""indie"""""" pop for teen girls who shop at HMV
Bullshit! She's consistently relevant for years. Actually she became more and more important with each album. Meanwhile almost nobody care about Ariel Pink anymore. The hype surrounding his new release is weak. Ariel is passe.

>the hype surrounding his new release is weak
You cannot POSSIBLY be this stupid

grimes is hotdog water trash

Grimes is a living piece of shit and a whore

>Grimes
>derivative
i don't even

i've heard her music, its all i need to know

Link to his new project?

Wow so brave

bump

Here's the actual quote:
>”They need something edgy. They need songwriting. She can’t just have her Avicii, her producers or whatever, come up with a new techno jam for her to gyrate to and pretend that she’s 20 years old. They actually need songs. I’m partly responsible for that return-to-values thing,”

The implication being that the only factor to success worth mentioning in the case of a female pop-star like Madonna is how good of a male support staff she has making her music behind the scenes - not how good of an artist/involved in the process she is. And that he is ENTIRELY OKAY with that, and even wants to help prolong the situation (that "return to values" bit at the end.) That's certainly what comes across as inherently misogynistic about it to me.

Go home, Dani Nelson

le nu male edgelord

>The implication being that the only factor to success worth mentioning in the case of a female pop-star like Madonna is how good of a male support staff she has making her music behind the scenes
he's making a statement on washed-up female pop artists who no longer either want to do things by themselves or are unable to, and in those cases they certainly do rely on a support staff. Also, nowhere in that quote does he mention that those songwriters or producers have to be men.
>he is ENTIRELY OKAY with that
what part of that suggests that? He's discussing a group of people that reached out to him and is apparently quoting what they want (obviously in a joking manner)
>that "return to values" bit at the end
He says that he's responsible, not that he wants to prolong it. He's probably either discussing the fact that he's responsible because he denied their advancements or because he's a male solo artist who does many things for himself.

>doesn't look like he constantly smells like cheese
he looks like he eats blocks of cheese

the way these grimeshitposters react to negative posts about grimes is fucking bizarre and pathetic, it's really weird to see in a situation like this where there's zero chance that it's ironic

>he's making a statement on washed-up female pop artists who no longer either want to do things by themselves or are unable to
He's bragging about supposedly being in the running to work with an extremely famous pop-star. Why would he be publicly bad-mouthing that very same pop-star at the same time?

>what part of that suggests that?
His solution to her problem is more producers to mask the problems with what she is doing - not her adjusting/improving as an artist.

Who's Dani Nelson?

>He's bragging about supposedly being in the running to work with an extremely famous pop-star. Why would he be publicly bad-mouthing that very same pop-star at the same time?
I don't know, but he very clearly did. Plus, he's more confirming then bragging.

>His solution to her problem is more producers to mask the problems with what she is doing - not her adjusting/improving as an artist
He's discussing her slide in quality as she depends more and more on producers. He realizes that she is not willing to adjust or improve, and that she is willing to continue riding it out.

Nice

I keep saying it but some people just don't care

the queen/goddess of Sup Forums DUH! : )

>fucking bizarre and pathetic
What makes it bizarre or pathetic in the context of /mu (much less the entire rest of Sup Forums?) Have you ever taken a serious look around here?

it's clearly some of that core 3-4 shitposters in this thread, they post a certain way

this is well beyond the usual mu shitposting its even beyond kpop, there isn't many of them but theyre prolific

I thought Animal Collective discovered him by chance?

>non derivative
he's explicitly extremely derivative of trashy kitschy 70's-90's pop

that's his whole schtick

They shared a record label

I love him, but I wonder if he'll ever be able to top pom pom

holy shit someone said exactly the same thing as me
fucking weird, we even used the same words
in my defense I searched "derivative" to make sure I wasn't repeating an observation
dude misspelled it

>this is well beyond the usual mu shitposting
That's my point. Being a fan (short for fanatic) as regards something is inherently pathetic. Being an ironic fan (ie. spending your time shitposting about stuff) is BEYOND pathetic because it entails most all the same costs as actual fandom (most notably in terms of time waisted) without the primary reward - honest enjoyment in how you are waisting your time.

Lol. I spelled 'wasting' wrong...