Hey guys, need advice on some shit...

Hey guys, need advice on some shit. I'm 18 and doing drugs/alcohol is a pretty huge part of people's social lives at my age. A lot of my friends do it all the time and are having fun. Now call me what you like but i really don't like drugs or alcohol and im really just not interested in doing it. Problem is i'm pretty extroverted and enjoy parties, just not the stuff socially implied you have to do. My question is, is it worth it to do drugs etc... just for the social aspect of it?? What should i do?

do not do it if you dont want to

Idk where this everyone does drugs meme comes from, me and my friends were like drug fiends but nobody else really was and they all kinda looked down on us. Drinking yeah a decent amount of people did that but not really drugs.

smoke pot, aint never hurt nobody

This, op. Don't decide here and now that you'll never try something, but if you're not feeling it, you're not obligated to get into it.

Who is and who is not actually worth your time and effort will likely become clear because of this as well. Unless you're going into a field where drug use is expected, junkie friends are generally a bad idea. Not always true, but pretty frequently is this so.

No. Don't be a sheep.

Yea i understand that i'm not obligated and i shouldn't be controlled by others. I just feel like it might be worth it just to hang out and be social even if i don't enjoy it?

Not hardcore drugs by the way, nothing really bad for your body.

If you hang out with the right people, you can party and not have to do drugs

/thread

If you've never tried softer drugs like pot/pure mdma/shrooms I do suggest giving them a go at least once with a group of people you generally trust. Never know what you might like until you try.

If you feel it's necessary to try something just to hang, go ahead and give that a go too. So long as it's nothing addictive experimenting and seeing what you can handle and enjoy yourself on can be fun.

Was pretty anti-drug when I was younger but eventually came around and tried shrooms and weed with a close friend and while it never became a regular thing, I do still want to trip or get stoned every once in a blue moon. It's hard to explain the headspace they can put you in, but it's definitely very enjoyable under the right circumstance.

One last thing, if you do decide to do drugs, make sure to stop when it stops being fun. That day/night and in general. You might find it's vastly more interesting than you had thought, though. Never know till you know, you know?

Good luck and stuff, stranger. I hope you find what you're looking for in life.

Once you do you'll be one of those guys. Do you want to be one of those guys?

Don't do it just to fit in. It's not worth it.

Im going to be hard pressed to find anyone like that in cali college i think.

Thanks for the advice, might be open to trying pot nothing else though.

I don't, problem is i've known these guys since i was 6. I don't want to drift apart but it seems to be going that way...

its a fun experience but apart from that some drugs will fuck your mind up if you take them to excess

>go ahead and do drugs to fit in

Dear god.

If you don't wan to do it, then don't. It's your choice and if they're pressuring you then honestly this isn't even about the "morality" or whatever of doing drugs, that's a shitty person who is way too invested in making other people do shit.

None of that shit is worth it for the social aspect if you don't already want to do it. If you do, then go ahead and try some stuff. But if not, don't. Drugs shouldn't be a cover price for hanging out with people.

Weed's not too bad. But if they're doing harder stuff and they want you to join, you may need to drift away for your own good...

If you do end up doing it, don't let it become a regular thing. You go too far, and you won't come back.

tldr
1 kys
2 livestream it
3 profit???

You have to get lucky I guess

That's what i'm leaning towards... Not really actively pressuring but for sure passively if you know what i mean by that. There's always the silent feeling that i know they would like to be drinking and smoking but i'm there.

Yea one of these guy's sister was doing meth at 14 so they sent her to get help. Don't worry i'll get the fuck out if shit like that starts.

You take care of yourself, man. You're the only one of you that you've got. Friends can be replaced.

drugs are for normies. Don't do drugs, or your brain will become top.

You don't have to drink or do drugs to socially enjoy yourself. I know alot of people who go out and don't drink. They usually will buy just one beer but not drink it just because of the aesthetics. Just do you.