Watch season 2 of The Wire

>watch season 2 of The Wire
>it's a fucking masterpiece
>every good thing I heard about the show was validated by the stevedoers storyline
>the continuation of the Barksdale plot almost felt forced in comparison to the meteoric fall of the Sobotkas

>watch season 3
>they take a giant shit all over everything season 2 offered
>the docks are gone, and never mentioned again
>nigger cowboy gunfights are centerstage
>generic, cliche "GAME DUN CHANGED" character with Cutty
>generic, cliche "I'M GONNA DO SOME GOOD" politician in Carcetti
>that abortion of an ending for Stringer Bell
>Omar in every single episode for some reason

What in the fuck happened? Did the network execs force David Simon to rewrite the whole series? I don't even want to watch the rest. Spoil it for me.

you're an idiot and a pleb

Season 4 is 10/10

There is a gun fight in EVERY episode of season 3. Every episode. Know how many were in season 2? Two. Yep. And one of them was Ziggy shooting Glekos.

The execs at HBO definitely demanded more action scenes.

Wow, this so much.

Season 2 was great.

Buy op's take on the characters in season 3 is idiotic.

I would consider S3 to be the weakest. Do watch S4 though, it's great.

bump

>another season 2 is best

truly this is the pleb filter

S2 was executive meddling, but good executive meddling as the show needed white characters to get casual fans to watch it.

That said, it's larger impact was that Simon decided to make the show not be about cops vs drug dealers but make the police aspect secondary to the show being the story of how Baltimore was going to hell and various liberal causes of the writers.

As such, S3 was about how legalization of drugs could fix a lot of problems and how politicians like Carcetti (introduced as the token white guy audience POV character to replace the dock workers) would rather see the city burn than to give legalization a chance since they stay in power demonizing the drug dealers.

And the return to the focus of the Barksdale crew was done to write them out of the series, as at the time, Simon didn't know if there was going to be a season four and wanted to wrap up the storyline in case season four didn't come to pass and he had to go with his plan b: a spin-off featuring Carcetti as the lead character, that would continue his plot threads.

i don't even remember what s3 was about

S1 Drugs
S2 Docks
S3 Hamsterdam
S4 Kids
S5 News

season 2 was the worst

4>2>1>5>3

The whole point of the wire is you have the police in all five seasons plus "another storyline" on the side

S2 - Docks
S3 - Hamsterdam and other police force
S4 - School
S5 - Journalists

It's a dramatised documentary on all facets of American society.
>Blue collar workers being killed by robots and China
>Black kids that are born in poverty pretty much not given a chance at life due to the awful quality of their schools where misbehaving is encouraged
>The corrupt political system and it's complete apathy towards benefiting the city as a whole
>Yellow journalism in the media and how it affects public opinion
>And of course the never ending drug war with the police force and how it's much deeper than just Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader

Each season is like a different chapter.

4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 5

yeah i dropped it in season 3. I can't believe there are so many people who legitimately think it's the best show ever

this is bait

First post best post

oh yeah now i remember
i watched the wire like 5 years ago so i forgot a lot of things, but as far as i can recall season 3 was great
fuck you op

but yeah, even if you felt disappointed keep watching it. as other anons (and most people who have watched the show) said, season 4 is the greatest