Is he right Sup Forums?

>>>"I know it's heresy but I don't really like to watch that many old movies. There's an obvious lack of quality on a technical level due to the primitive technology. Yeah sure, there's no doubt that Eisenstein and Bergman are very influential but in my opinion, their movies don't hold up. The people that tend to praise the films of Kurosawa and Welles are usually either pretending to be infatuated with them to give off the look that they're cinephiles or just take influence into account when it comes to cinema. I personally like to take an objective approach to film criticism and not take into account influence and other subjective variables."

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/cuddles287/list/chris-stuckmann-the-film-buffs-bucket-list/
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nnNz_Tewk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Classic autism.

damn that is legitimately the ultimate pleb opinion

>Kurosawa

Yeah, i now have less respect for this guy than i did originally which was zero.

Hey neat, a new thread about Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

This is typical of a guy who doesn't want to get out of his comfort zone and is completely in denial about it.

Whut?

> 2010-2016 capeshit city

hes right

This is typical of Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), dog rapist and enjoyer of bestiality.

Kurosawa is so fucking easy to watch even today, I can't believe he acts like people are pretentious for enjoying his movies. what the fuck is wrong with him?

Still he has pretty decent taste for self proclaimed internet critic.

My this redditor pops up in my youtube reccommendation box
letterboxd.com/cuddles287/list/chris-stuckmann-the-film-buffs-bucket-list/

How is this faggot still around?

Kurosawa, Jodorowsky, Dog cock. An everyday menu for Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality.

This, I was considering he may have a point then he completely blew it mentioning Kurosawa.

>Still he has pretty decent taste
That savory dog dick flavour! Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality has a highly developed palate.

>lack of quality on a technical level

Why the fuck do you people like this guy again?

>I AM GOING TO AVOID DECADES OF FILM BECAUSE IT IS OLD

Dog semen grants immortality. Just ask Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms) the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality.

He thinks his opinion is fact and doesn't watch old movies because he thinks its primitive be film making. This guy is the worst YouTube "critic" out there, such a fucking idiot. No one should take his opinion seriously

King of the shit pile is still living in shit

Dog shit. Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms) is a dog rapist who enjoys bestiality.

>Why the fuck do you people like this guy again?
What's not to like about Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality?

>Eisenstein and Bergman
>Kurosawa and Welles
>Lists the most entry-level directors

Keep on living in a bubble.

>wahh wahh 50 year old movies dont have special effects and cgi

holy shit what a fucking pleb

hes a dogfucking furry
his opinions are shit

Also not enough sexy dogs for Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

Cinema is barely 100 years old. That's not old when it comes to art.

Isn't his favorite movie of all time The Holy Mountain? A film from 1973? I.e. an old film?

He's one those wannabe film buff faggots. He thinks he knows shit about film because he keeps talking about cinematography. He's knows absolutely nothing about writing, acting, character development, and plot. Just look at his reviews, he's a dumbass

What did he mean by this?

My meaning is clear: Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms) is a dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

yeah but he knows how to put a fursuit on and yiff.
isn't that cool, though?

I find him funny but why does he act so pretentious when he has nothing to offer?

No his favorite movie is Benji. A film from 1974. Get it? It's because he's Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

you start these threads yourself don't you?

how much do you jerk off to the thought of adam fucking a dog?

Because all that's on his mind is dog cock because he's Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

>you start these threads yourself don't you?
No, I am not Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

What was his fucking problem?

What a hypocrtite

I can agree to an extent. I have drank the "Classic is better" koolaid a few times; most notable sip being South by Southwest. Hitchcock is oft praised as the master of the thriller but I found the movie incredibly bland.

But to say that movies like Yojimbo or Seven Samurai lack quality and technicality is flagrantly wrong. The sets are incredibly detailed without the help of a green screen and Toshiro Mifune's performances are more engaging than many modern performances and that includes memthod acting.

No?

Kurosawa movies hold up just fine.

His problem is that he's Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), a dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

REMINDER
E
M
I
N
D
E
R

Is this a real quote? He says here that Kurosawa dosnt hold up, and yet he gave seven samurai an 8/10 on imdb.

>South by Southwest
You're nearly as stupid as Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

This was me when I was 12

I still didn't manage to become an internet celebrity so i don't know he must be doing something right

Don't forget he gave signs (yes, the Shamalan flick) an 8/10

What a shitty """""critic"""""

I too am surprised that Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms) is a dog rapist who enjoys bestiality has terrible opinions about other things. (I'm actually not surprised)

>the oldest movie he's ever seen is from 1946
jesus christ i thought he said he loved film

No he said he loved blowing dogs because he's Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms) is a dog rapist who enjoys bestiality.

GOES TO FURRY CONVENTIONS! !!

Adam likes to rate films on an "objective basis", so he starts at 5 and adds or removes points based on things the film does that he likes or dislikes.

However, he is a huge pleb and he's also pretentious as hell. So he has no standards, as he has no set rules of what he likes and doesn't like. Watch any of his reviews and he'll always go off on the "cinematography" if he doesn't like the movie or praise it if he does like the movie. Even if they have the exact same angle, lighting, subject matter, etc.

>Cache randomly thrown in
you just know he thought he needed to change it up when he put that in there because he didn't want the list to be too "mainstream"

>So he has no standards
Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), dog rapist who enjoys bestiality has no standards? WHAT?

To be fair, that was 490 dog years ago.

What is this graph showing? This individual's list of favourite films by year? If so, what is the scale?

It's showing how many dogs Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality, has fucked since the 40s.

NO WAY!

WAY! Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms) is a dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

where did he say this? that's fucking dumb

Who is this guy? Is he meant to be some kind of power user on IMDB? And if so, why should I give a shit about his opinions?

>The people that tend to praise the films of Kurosawa and Welles are usually either pretending to be infatuated with them to give off the look that they're cinephiles or just take influence into account when it comes to cinema
This is what irks me the most, he can't imagine people legitimately enjoying things he doesn't like. He thinks there is some ulterior motive when people disagree with him. What a fucking pleb.

>ulterior motive when people disagree with him
Maybe they know that he's Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

I don't know who he is really, I have seen the picture of his avatar around here. I think he's just some e-celeb guy who uses the angry movie reviewer schtick or whatever.

He's Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), a dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

you're doing god's work user

>X-Men 2

I'm pleased by this meme-list.

yeh, I've seen his avatar posted a few times. Aside from that I've never fucking heard of him.

He's probably best known for this:
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nnNz_Tewk

and a memer

That YMS is flagrantly retarded. He'll completely hate a movie and rate it 6/10 on his stupid furry fag dogfucking scale.

he's right though

That's it, I'm just gonna go to the beach.

it's "Adum"

No, it's "Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality"

You really do love these threads, don't you?

I'd honestly be amazed if this wasn't one person.

Not really. I would love if there were no threads devoted to Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

I don't think you have to like the classics, but if you're serious about film and filmmaking, you really should watch them.

No, but this kind of thinking is only going to become more prevalent as the years go by.

Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality is a real futurologist.

It's 120 years old, but you're right.

It is pretty much the norm here, at least among crossposters

He really doesn't consider the fact many of the classics made up for their "primitive technology" with good plots, acting, good "setting" (direction/cinematography even with their Neanderthal technology). Or the fact there are people who value these more than the technical level.

It's almost as if Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), a dog rapist who enjoys bestiality isn't very intelligent.

Jesus, man, I think his YMS vids are funny and he usually has some well thought out opinions in his reviews but why does he have to be such a wanker outside of them?

Like, he'll still refuse to watch older films despite him literally naming the one fucking movie he watched before 1999 as his all time favourite.

It'd be one thing if he was pointing out specific older directors or films that are seen as brilliant solely because of their influence like Citizen Kane or anything off AFI's lists, but Bergman and Kurosawa are two directors who's films stand as fantastic examples of timeless stories.

his audience is the "I'm 16 and my humour is fucking superior" crowd who have just grown out of Nostalgia Critic and want something more "analytical".

When they end up growing out of him (YMS), a whole other set of 16-year-olds will start watching the channel. Cycle repeats.

>pretending to like it to seem smart

Is this what intellectual lightweights actually believe? Its such a sad defence mechanism, "If I dont understand it then no one else does either". I guess its comforting to assume that even though your taste is basic at least its true, but since his statement hinges on the belief that massively popular movies are only popular because people pretend to like them, he crosses the border to dellusion.

And then he chooses Kurosawa. Kurosawa! Like Seven samurai is supposed to be som slow philosophical arthouse flick.

What is a crossposter?

Also, gotta love him going on twitter saying anybody who's excited for Suicide Squad is a moron, and then about a week later posting a review of it. Guy doesn't even pretend to make it look like he isn't just whoring for views.

The other point is that that technology is the real technology of cinema. What we have now is a hybrid form, another medium really.

I'm shocked that a deeply disturbed individual like Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), a dog rapist who enjoys bestiality would to put up a front of sophistication to attempt to deflect from his deeper issues.

Citizen Kane is a better film than any of Bergman's. Not just because of influence - in itself, as cinema, it's good, regardless of what others took from Welles.

>all those triggered autists itt
I don't know who this guy is but he's objectively right and I'm glad he's calling out all the pretentious faggots who think they're hot shit for watching a 60 year old movie

>objective approach to film criticism

no such thing, you literal faggot

He thinks he's being funny?

>film
>primitive technology
Furries truly are cancer

is there an actual source for this quote or is this another one of those threads where OP posts a fake quote and everyone overreacts?

the way he presents it is a little pretentious i must say, but yeah i kinda agree with that desu.

i rarely watch movies pre-70s because i hate the color palette and the grain. i'd say late 80s to mid/late 90s has the best quality when it comes to color grading.

i.e compare movies like chinatown with goodfellas for example. james dean movies seem to be the only exception, i can actually sit through them. black and white for is also generally out of the question, i still wanna see seven samurai one day though.

you're halfway down the road to dogfucking, a journey Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality, has already been on.

Yeah I am totally just trying to make people think an anonymous person on the Internet is a "cinephile", that's how I get my rocks off

I watch old movies just to get a rep for as long as a thread lasts