Why does he like neon colors so much?

Is he autistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QPQTAHbD5o8
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2051&v=OjFMqGI34Gk
youtube.com/watch?v=NQIp2ydZhAo
youtube.com/watch?v=nOYVpQhMZYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

liking neon colors means you're autistic?

yes

no

Big Argento fan.

I know you are shitposting, but the reason he uses high color contrast is because he is colorblind.

So he makes movies only for himself basically

Someone post the pasta.

then you autsitc HO

>Early screenings of the film Only God Forgives had the words "FIGHTER IS GONNA GET HIS HANDS CUT OFF" superimposed over every frame in bold neon letters. Director Nicolas Winding Refn later decided that this approach was too subtle.

youtube.com/watch?v=QPQTAHbD5o8

Color blind, but yeah he's definitely autistic.

He's a nu-male.

Has there ever been an explanation for why he wears the towel

I cringe every time I hear this guy talk. It's just unreal how pretentious he is and how absolutely uncool he is when trying to sound cool. And yet I can't help but like his movies.

he has problems controlling his bladder

NWR is what you get when you convince a music video director that hes talented enough to make feature films

Is just the niggas style, like how Wes Anderson always has a boner for colors and quirky shit or Tarantino with his long winded diatribes.

>I just made a film about women, with women protagonists… I decided that I’d made enough films about violent men, and I wanted to do a film with only women in the film, and so I did this story because my wife would only go to L.A. if we had to travel out of Copenhagen. She’s like, ‘I’m done with Asia. I will only do Los Angeles.’ And so I came up with an idea and went to L.A., and I cast this woman called Elle Fanning who is absolutely fantastic, and she played the lead.

>It was a great enjoyment. I actually… I don’t like men, even though I’ve made a lot of films with men in them. I’m not a guy-guy. I don’t really like hanging out with guys, I don’t do guy stuff. I love women. I love anything feminine. I love pink, I love dolls, I only have daughters.
C U C K
U
C
K

He explains it in this interview towards the end
It absorbs all of his anxiety and stress I think he says
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2051&v=OjFMqGI34Gk

He's a 80s nostalgic faggot.

Isn't already commonly know that Refn wants to be a actual teenage girl.

The Neon Demon was pretty much his fantasy put to film.

Man, wtf happened to men? They're all beta faggots now, they all have that weird gay voice, fucking hell.

He says it keeps his energy in
He also likes the comfy warm feeling :3

He's colorblind.

He has to use high contrast colors to see there's any difference between the colors.

If I take it off, will he die?

based

>he says, shitposting from his basement while cramming hotpockets and mountain dew into his mouth

>I only have daughters.
...made of pure poetry

a cute

>that part in the My Life documentary when he gifts Goose a towel

Ok, so it's a portable hugbox. Autism confirmed.

Having seen a few of his interviews, he seems like someone who is either permanently stoned, or like someone who learned to do facial expressions and intonations at a later date. There may be merit to the autism theory, but Sup Forums thinks anyone cool or slightly awkward is an aspie.

On the other hand, he may just be shy.

youtube.com/watch?v=NQIp2ydZhAo

I'm sure he has Aspergers. Mads said in the NWR documentary that Refn can only talk about film, so they don't spend that much time outside filming. Also collecting the toys and his wife buying the clothes for him. And the towel around his waist. He also has the speech pattern of an autistic person.

>He also has the speech pattern of an autistic person.
I've noticed that too
Despite living in NYC for many years as a kid and working in many British/American productions over the years he still speaks English in an odd way, omitting articles and making obvious grammatical mistakes

>He also has the speech pattern of an autistic person.
Could you elaborate? What kind of speech patterns do autistic people have?

His personality is an act. He basically confirms it in interviews whenever he's asked about his eccentrities and he replies that he's an entertainer
In reality he's just an awkward guy obsessed with films

It's often very monotone.

Possibly he exaggerates the language barrier as a tactical thing to buy thinking time, his interview with Alex Jones has him speaking in an almost English accent fairly fluently (though I haven't watched the whole interview), whereas in another video, talking to an English journalist, he's speaking with a much heavier accent.

Essentially he's a visual thinker rather than a verbal one, for years David Lynch was similarly awkward in interviews until he developed a routine and started going in with stuff he intended to say, and I don't think Lynch has Aspergers.

>speaking in an almost English accent fairly fluently
Strange because in every other interview he does a very put on American accent

Go read through the Reddit AMA with Refn, you'll get a sense of the guy and how he works.

He might be on the spectrum, but he just seems like a quiet, awkward man.

he's Jodorowsky's biggest fan. That should tell you everything about his ability

Alex Jones... the illuminati conspiracy guy???

Yeah, this is it, the heavy accent I was referring to is that Danish-accented American English. In this interview, an English accent with occasional Danish sounds. youtube.com/watch?v=nOYVpQhMZYE

He also once said 'fucking' on a British breakfast-time news show, then later apologised, claiming that he didn't understand the taboo against the word in English-speaking countries.

I love the fist question:

"What's your favourite thing to film?"

>Women

Yeah! Amazingly, Jones understood and enjoyed Only God Forgives, and invited Refn on to talk about it.

THEY'RE TURNING THE FROGS GAY

Well now I've seen everything

Jury-still-out-on-Refn-Aspergers user here, I must say I took the reassuring woman's voice singing 'you're a real human bean' not only over but almost *to* the almost completely affectless Driver as part of the film's dream of redemption. It's not only the self-sacrifice of his actions, it's the recognition that he could be motivated by such feelings that is the core of the film. In other words, it's about an aspie making his feelings intelligible to the world.

Will the globalist's reign of terror ever cease?