Could an action movie with an openly gay hero work?

Could an action movie with an openly gay hero work?

how about male to female tranny?

Top Gun

"Bobby, youre gay"

With a hot lesbian, yes.

Of course, as long as his sexuality is organic to the story.

reminder that most gays are pedophhiles also

No, economics are completely against it. You could do it with a subtle nod sort of deal but not outright, places like china would ban it and in order to save ever increasing budgets etc.

If you wanted to do a movie like that, it would need a reduced budget and qualify the kinds of returns it could get.

As long as it's not essential to the plot which by the way you could say a lot of heroes are gay. Batman was until that fucking weird adaptation of Killing Joke

Sure, as long as you don't actually expect it to make any money.

Top Gun isn't gay. Only closet queers like Tarantino see half-naked men and think "gay". That is a classic case of projection.

>mfw Tarantino outed himself

This is the most successful thing I can think of where the protagonist is a homo but how gay they are isn't the center of the plot

No, current gay men shy away from the masculine in contrast to their Ancient counterparts.

>t. homofag shirt lifter

>projecting this hard

You secretly love Tarantino don't you

>six seasons and a movie
>beloved by millions
>big ole' dyke
Find a flaw

Gays would be too worried about breaking a fingernail to fight criminals.

He would have to be a large masculine exclusive top.

An effeminate bottom would not be acceptable to general audiences.

she wasn't openly gay

Lmao yeah aside from all those chicks she banged

As long as that's not the defining character trait then sure.

>lesbians
Too socially palatable for me to care.

reminder that most people on Sup Forums are too

roger moore bond is an upper class poofter that only fucks women because he has to

If they made him an actual character instead of a personification of "WOAH I SURE COULD GO FOR SOME DICK RIGHT ABOUT NOW" like most gay Hollywood characters, it could work.

Please link me the episode where "she bangs all those chicks"

The one with the old Chinese broad
The one with the young Japanese dame
The one with the Arab chick that teaches her the death pinch
Every episode with Gabrielle
Especially the one where the fat dyke keeps stalking them demanding to be told the nature of their relationship

Heroism is inherently conservative. All liberals can do is cause disruption then claim victory. That is why movies with liberal heroes always fail.

>Heroism is inherently conservative
What if the heto is conservative AND gay?

Who said anything about liberalism?

but user there's nothing inherently "conservative" or "liberal" about homosex. the greeks banged boys like there's no tomorrow, shakespeare wrote 150+ love poems to a dude ("shall i compare thee to a summer's day..."), there is medieval religious poetry that explores love for christ in a blatantly homoerotic way and so on. man on man action is a cornerstone of western civilization, only recently suppressed by the degeneracy of puritanism.

Top Gun is the straightest movie ever made

Plenty of gays are conservative, but Milo is an astroturfer and should not be trusted.

>"abstract concept with no objective meaning" is inherently "different abstract concept with no objective meaning"
I know this is bait, but it's really stupid bait.

Desu I'd really like an Authority movie. Midnighter is based.

technically both of them had sex with men in the series, so they're both bi at least by action if you're going to make that argument and they never openly had any kind of sexual act in the show, it was subtext the entire time.