The Godfather (Coppola, 1972)

What's Sup Forums opinion on The Godfather?

One of the 10 best movies ever

The helicopter attack scene in III was referenced in Star Trek Into Darkness

And what are the other 9?

It's wonderfully atmospheric. The world-building is amazing. I can watch Godfather just for the setting and how the characters make it even richer.

I watched the "Godfather Epic" compilation last night

>this waiter hands me chopped liver on a ritz cracker and he says "canapés", so I says "can of peas my ass, that's chopped liver on a ritz cracker!"

I actually like it more than Part 2

Does anyone want to stream it on cytu
.be? I would but my upload speed is shit. I'm in the mood for some Godfather with Sup Forums.

Setting up a stream now, give me 20 minutes.

The first one or the second one?

>IT WAS YOU, FREDO

Please put subtitles if it's possible. The dialouge can be a challenge to pick up.

Does anyone know the name of the song they're singing in the wedding scene?

I love old Italian music

III, so we can watch the helicopter attack scene referenced in Star Trek Into Darkness. Then we'll watch Star Trek Into Darkness

18 minutes

Imo they are in no particular order:
Godfather 2
Raging bull
There will be blood
Shindlers list
Saving private Ryan
Network
No country for old men
Runaway train
Full metal jacket

Tarantella

>Kids these days will only know the Godfather through Star Trek references

>watching 3

for what purpose

Just rewatched both part one and two, and the first part was so good. Only problem I had was that the fade cut became noticeable after a while. Also, I found to the second one to be more clustered than the first, although still a great film in its own right, just not as good as the first (I think I liked the second one more when I was younger because of rating memes), Should I bother watching the third one? It is generally held as the weakest of the trilogy, and I don't want to bother if its not good, because it will just taint the first two.

The third one ruins imo at least Michael corleone's amazing character arc. It's best to stop after the 2nd one, the ending of godfather 2 is fucking amazing

I'm going to make him a good offer

Yeah, that's what I thought. As I said, imo, the second one is not as good as the first, so I can only imagine how bad the third is, seeing as people who think the second is the best rate the third.

3 was a mistake, but apparently it's referenced in Stark Trek: Into Darkness

Few even consider Godfather 3 part of the the Godfather movies. It's so awkward. Just ignore it and treat it like a duology.

Did you think the flashbacks with Vito brought down the film. I personally loved the juxtaposition of Vito and Michael, but you can't go wrong with 1 or 2

Can of peas my ass

>full metal jacket

Also SVP is good but hardly top 10

I get the idea behind the juxtapositioning, but probably, also it felt crowded in general. I loved the contained story in the first one, where everything flows despite a 3 hour runtime. Also, I think it might be because I like the aesthetic of the first one more, with the emphasis on traditional Mediterranean family. The second does a great job at continuing the story from the first and bringing closure, and also provides a really comfy story of the birth of the Corleone family, however I just prefer the story of the first, and feel like the character arcs work better, because the second film is great because of the first film, because without the story from the first film, Michael's journey is less impacting.

Godfather stream up yet? I wanna shitpost about Italian stereotypes with Sup Forums while I watch

Low test

First one I found merely okay but the second one is pure kino.

wrong

Citizen Kane
The Rules of the Game
Battleship Potemkin
Vertigo

The Godfather
The Godfather Part II
The Passion of Joan of Arc
2001: A Space Odyssey
L'Avventura

1st is the better constructed film but the 2nd has the dinner flashback scene so the 2nd is objectively the better film.

>Best scene is a return to the similar feel to the first film
See esé?

GODFATHER STREAM

WHERE

REE

Post yours

>give me 20 minutes
>50 minutes ago

>Post yours

Did you really fell for this bait?

>Schindlers list
>Saving private Ryan