mfw they teach children about Beethoven, but not Chopin

> mfw they teach children about Beethoven, but not Chopin
> mfw they teach kids about Mozart, but not Vivaldi
> mfw they teach kids about Tchaikovsky, but not Arvo Part
> mfw when I asked a kid "alright, what's your favorite Mozart piece?" and they reply "moonlight sonata"
> mfw ask child if they liked opus .37 and they reply "no, but I liked op. 37"
> mfw children don't even know how to tell a 7th from a 14th

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TbxnnC22gwY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

classical?

more like ASSical

>Chopin
>Vivaldi
>Arvo Part
I hope you are not this pleb

>Beethoven, but not Chopin
>Mozart, but not Vivaldi
>Tchaikovsky, but not Arvo Part
A very good thing too, because those other composers suck dick. Actually, has Tchaikovsky written anything worthwhile that wasn't the 1812 Overture? lmfao

I prefer Edward Elgar, greg maroony, and Dustin O'Hallorin

Tchaikovsky did a bunch of booring stuff, vivaldi honestly did the winter season of the four seasons and nothing else good, but chopin's nocturnes were all pretty good.

Fuck you, Arvo Part is great.

What does this mean?

F A G

kek

+1

youtube.com/watch?v=TbxnnC22gwY

I'm a kid and idk who any of those people are.

I know Raffi, though.

underrated

> mfw they teach children about Beethoven, but not Chopin
> mfw they teach kids about Mozart, but not Vivaldi
> mfw they teach kids about Tchaikovsky, but not Arvo Part

How come they teached me about them though?

Did you school bands have string sections?

I was talking about music school, we had chamber orchestra

Fuck you and post this shit in the general. Its on life support.

I was talking about when kids learn about music in general in the states. even in school band you hardly learned anything beyond Beethoven. I went to a music school for guitar lessons for around 5 or 6 years and we learned more jazz composers if anything because that's what I went there for aside from learning the basics and rock/punk/folk ensemble.

I wanted to see what normies had to say about these statements or I would have

>Chopin

Beethoven was a revolutionary composer. That Polish-French twat on the other hand was nothing but an autistic child with fast fingers and a bit of a soul and no real ideas. Pic related.

We didn't learn anything about classical music in school. We just listened to and talked about rap music for the period.

top satire

We learned about Beethoven and Mozart and then sung folky songs while the teacher milf played guitar and we tapped those tube-note things on the ground. I was the edge-lorde who asked every day teacher milf if she ever listened to System of a down.

overall he did some great stuff, but you never learned any of it, they would just stop after le-ode-to-joy

> in the states
Im euro, and we don't really learn about music in regular schools.
In music schools it depends on the instrument and speciality mostly.
For example, I learned piano and studied minimalism for the whole semester, while my friend played tenor sax and studied mostly jazz related stuff.

I always found it interesting that piano was always directly associated with classical and sax with jazz. Piano has had a large part in jazz and blues, while sax. . . . well I'll admit I never knew much about sax beyond jazz and some blues.

Well, despite that we learned about Bill Evans there

>mfw I got visual arts in school
I feel so goddamn cucked.

We had that later as an elective, everything else was arts and crafts where we actually learned about Sup Forumssic because art teachers were rad