Where were the American wizards during Harry Potter? Were they just like "Ok, Britain's been taken over by evil wizards...

Where were the American wizards during Harry Potter? Were they just like "Ok, Britain's been taken over by evil wizards, that's cool I guess."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Ilvermorny_School_of_Witchcraft_and_Wizardry
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fighting the gulf war

having american Wizard Duels, which are like cowboy shootouts with wizard cowboy hats and their wands are kept in a gun holster.

why did everyone speak with a british accent, even the indians & blacks?

The rest of the world was waiting for Voldemort to go public before announcing their war against Britain. Why? Because nobody wanted to save the corrupt elitist piece of shit magical government that they had. They weren't playing ball with the rest of the world, their plan to deal with muggles was "mind-rape them again and again to make sure they don't remember, to the point where they go crazy or develop alzheimer's" and their way of dealing with sentient magical creatures was even worse.

They just wanted to make sure that they could set up an actually functioning government, rather than propping up a dysfunctional one that's liable to get taken over by any dark wizard that comes along.

Its because Rowling didn't want any non-brits in the movies too much.

Realistically wizards from all around the globe would have shown up if the most powerful dark wizard ever rose up and started geocoding. But that would take time away from British characters

Look at WW1 and WW2.

If the whole evil wizard thing had lasted a few more years, the American wizards would have come along at the last minute and then claim they did all the work.

From what I understand about this iqlet stuff they were busy not being in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert."

"Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to."

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
"The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs.""

"I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King."

because they lived in england fucking dipshit

>america has to be in every popular IP

no

harry potter is as british as tea and scones

go watch your transformers

Shitposting about wanting americans in harry potter, this board getting to be a little faggy

T. American

Bond and Sherlock Holmes are British and still managed to have American characters

>battle of hogwarts
>the sound of helichopters is heard from above
>a platoon of navy wizards drops from the sky

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

Please not him
I don't want americans in harry potter. I don't care

Harry Potter only works if you do not think about past the immediate storyline. That's why it's annoying when literary critics bash it, it IS just a kids' series

>Hogwarts as a school is too small to facilitate the education of the whole of the British Wizard population just solely judging on the size of the ministry of magic. There has to be at least one other school
>Harry never briefly thinks about four wizards before the fourth book
>the economy makes absolutely no sense,
>the same with the "laws" of magic, there is no consistency

I wonder if there are Mexican wizard schools

Apparently there is a BR one.

Voldemort was only focused on the British Ministry of Magic and had no interest in the rest of the world so the other countries dont get involved with one another's dark lords problems.

Then where were the French/German/Norwegian or any another European wizards that would naturally not want Britain become ruled by the most powerful dark wizard of all time?

Nowhere, because they didn't want to be involved in one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects?all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>it aint me starts playing

>Harry Potter only works if you do not think about
This

Huegwarts

What the fuck is up with this? The synopsis makes it sound like very bad fanfiction, without even have anything remotely clever or interesting, just a literal rehash of bits of the series.

WHERE WERE THE AMERICANS WHEN THE DICTATOR REIGNED SUPREME IN MY COUNTRY

OH RIGHT

THEY WERE BACKING HIM

Waiting for the wizard war to be almost over before launching a series of cak handed, shambolic strikes against minor targets, then chanting YOO ESS AAY for the next 50 years.

But they got diverted to Israel because a cat looked at a rabbi in an antisemetic way, and by the time they'd magically carpet bombed half of the west bank the Brits already had the kettle on and were sweeping up.

>blackhat
>pompeii

>boyhood
>frank
>2001: a space odyssey

>americans caring about anything that isnt to do with their guns

Kekd

at least we dont let dictators reign supreme in our country.

Why do you assume there are American wizards?

There's an american contingent at the Quidditch world cup in GoF, how did you miss this?

2001 a space odyssey is the greatest film ever made. degenerate fuck.

the others not so much

>he says when he is literally only posting on Sup Forums because of reddit
This is a fact you can't refute

According to the lore, there are

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Ilvermorny_School_of_Witchcraft_and_Wizardry

Why British would be the only wizards in the world?

BUILDING WALLIUM MAKE'EM PAYIUM

kek

why would they need wizards

>look at him try to keep up

No one wants to listen to your disgusting, nasally, obnoxious, arrogant accents.

>implying the wizarding world couldn't wipe out the USA military with ease

>Where were the American wizards during Harry Potter?

same as every american muggle.

sharting in walmart or getting shot

Kys

Reminder 3 6 and 7.1 are pure unfiltered kino

Lotr can suck a dick

It's implied that Britain is a magical pariah state. Think about the stuff we see in the books/movies:

>an absurdly primitive economy
>no democracy
>segregation
>terrorist groups roaming the country unchecked (even before Voldemort's return)
>those same terrorist factions having high positions in the government
>a surveillance state that makes real world Britain look libertarian by comparison
>all children in the country essentially held hostage by the government in a single building

I wouldn't be surprised if Wizard America, Russia, and China were all arguing at the Wizard UN about how to handle the "failed state" of Wizard Britain.

When the books talk about Grindlewald in Germany, they mention that his evil douchery hadn't made it into Britain much and thus brits were less affected by it and don't know as much about him.

It's safe to say that America was likewise excluded from Voldemort's dickery, as he never got to officially take over the Ministry and then start spreading into other countries.

So naturally America didn't give a single shit

didn't you elect a kenyan?

twice?

>So naturally America didn't give a single shit

Plus there's no reason for Wizard America and Britain to have the same alliance and cultural/political ties as Muggle America and Britain. For all we know they're enemies.

>They only kill one person at a time with their spells.

>The most powerful wizard of all time is too stupid to realize he should just use a time turner and kill harrys parents when their little.

British wizards are inept and stupid. The US military would fuck them up

MARCUS ON SUICIDE WATCH
7.1 IS SHIT
EMMA A SHIT
STANNIS IS PLEB

>The US military would fuck them up

just like they did to vietnam?

>he should just use a time turner and kill harrys parents when their little.
>being too dense to understand fucking Harry Potter

thing is with Wizards they can take out or take over your top guys with ease.
>toss on an invisibility cloak
>apparate over to the White House
>Imperio the President to do your bidding
not to mention they can outright kill or use Polyjuice to replace him if the mind control seems too risky.

Time turners don't work that way in HP lore.

Also, it's canon in the books that wizards can destroy bridges with a single spell. So they could take out thousands of humans at a time.

>b-but muh nukes!
"No!"

Wizards can apparate and instantly cast numerous defensive charms. Nukes, not to mention lesser muggle weapons, wouldn't be able to touch a powerful wizard or witch.

Because its a kiddies show written by a SJW hack

This. I love how retarded people out themselves when Rowling explains time travel in a way that a 10 year old could understand.

What's so powerful about love?

Can it be used as an offensive spell?

Name one way in which JK Rowling is a SJW
Protip: You can't

Note: Having one gay character doesn't count

>20to1 k/d
>restricted warfare
The US lost a political war in vietnam. Unrestricted total warfare would have decimated the north but probably triggered a much greater, deadlier war.

Hermione is black now

still a win for vietnam

I don't think that a dude who gets naked with a horse can take on a hellfire missile and survive

wow (you)'re so smart and cool user

JKR had little to nothing to do with that

>Nukes, not to mention lesser muggle weapons, wouldn't be able to touch a powerful wizard or witch.

You're seriously delusional if you think this. The final battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort, the two most powerful wizards around, didn't even destroy the room they were in. They don't have anywhere near the power of a nuke.

They were gone because they didn't want to be involved in one of the dullest shitposts in the history of movie shitpost. Each shitpost following /lit/ wizards and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitposts only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta?all to make fantasy unfantastical to make witchcraft seem kiddie.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/ directing the shitposts at Sup Forums, he made sure the shitposts would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-prosting for his (You). The shitposts might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-atmospherical anaylsis in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are g-g-good though

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible and the films were much better. As I read, I noticed that every he shitposts, the author wrote instead that Brave New World "was a low tier form of art."I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The shitposters mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Eggsplane

Why does /lit/ always recommend the same couple dozen of books over and over again? Do people from /lit/ actually like reading books? They seem to hate everything that isn't mandatory highschool reading.

Are you still fucking salty about that? Move the fuck on. You're irrelevant. Get over it.

Kek

>not getting that it's bait
>even when Atlas Shrugged is in God-Tier

How stupid are you, son?

the wizards couldn't stop arrows... if you don't recall from the movies.

a 30mm shell with a depleted uranium core is going to fuck some shit up.

>They seem to hate everything that isn't mandatory highschool reading
Can you review all the books on there for us then?
you should be able to within 30 minutes in full detail too

>giving your thumbs up on a casting decision is now being in charge of it

Because they weren't trying to destroy the room and also because it's a Ministry of Magic room, so it presumably has special enchantments to prevent physical damage.

Also, like I've previously pointed out, wizards can destroy bridges with a single wave of their wand. Clearly they could kill millions of muggle civilians a day with teamwork.

And just because wizards don't have the raw offensive power of nukes doesn't mean they can't defend themselves from them easily. Remember, magic and muggle technology are on two completely different wavelengths.

Besides, muggle technology doesn't work in magical areas and there are charms on every gathering place of wizards and witches to prevent muggles from finding them. So even if nukes could damage the magical community theoretically, there's no way they'd ever do much damage.

>posting in english
>discussing a british series of books
The irony.

Irrelevant. Arrows make no use of technology. Nukes are hardly useful on a 1v1 basis. Refer to my already stated reasons why nukes could never be used in a genocidal way against wizards.

A war with wizards would be hilariously imbalanced in their favor because they can teleport and use mind control. There's no way to stop that, no matter where we tried to hide our leaders they could simply find them and put them under a spell (or just kill them).

Yeah, the USA could definitely win an unrestricted war on wizards. After all, they're only citizens of the country who can walk among you without raising suspicion, teleport anywhere at the drop of a hat, and wipe memories with a flick of their wrist. Definitely circumstances for unrestricted war; just nuke everything and America wins.

But there's no such thing as unrestricted war. Even the Assyrians and the Mongols, who would happily commit genocide and slight cities every year, couldn't kill everyone and break resistance.

>No-Maj

>Hermione's pale face, etc

>most powerful wizard of all time

>Doesn't immediately get the philosophers stone when he's most powerful as a back up plan

"Hey voldemort now that we are super powerful and influential should we go get a stone that can LITERALLY make all of us live forever and solve every financial problem we ever have?"

"Nah I gotta kill this family who was prophesied to birth a son to kill me."

"Its not like I'm gonna need it later on."

TRULY THE SMARTEST WIZARD OF ALL TIME

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

>Yeah, the USA could definitely win an unrestricted war on wizards.

Holy fuck if you seriously believe this you either know nothing about Harry Potter or are genuinely retarded.

Nukes are just designed with completely different targets in mind than wizards. There is no way for muggles to locate and nuke wizard hotspots, and even if they could they wouldn't hurt anyone magical.

I can't read more that 10 words before my autism makes me freak out: the post.

In theory, you could kill a couple thousand wizards by dropping a nuke on London, since Diagon Alley is hidden somewhere in the city. But since you don't know where, and it's impossible to find out where, you'd basically have to turn the whole city into a crater.

no one won vietnam.
get off the nukes you fucking retard.
wasn't talking about wizards you fucking retard.

You forgot how they can literally say some words and suddenly all muggles approaching the area just go "oh wait this isn't the way I was meant to go" or some shit. Or they could make a whole house become invisible and impenetrable except for the people who are let in on the secret.

The wizards could camp out on your lawn and you wouldn't be able to notice them. And then you'd come home one day and your house would just be fucking gone because they liked the look of it.

>stone is in the possession of Nicolas Fleming, longtime partner and friend of Albus Dumbledore
>Dumbledore is the only wizard alive greater in power than Voldemort, and the only person Voldemort is scared of
>thinking he could steal it

I'm don't even have to go into all the security measures that would be placed to protect the stone

>why did everyone speak with a british accent, even the indians & blacks?
Jesus Christ.

rigged by a nig

Please explain to me how someone with an automatic weapon would be less effective than someone pointing a wand, and saying "Avada Kedavra".

You mean the stone, of which there is a single one in existence, which is in the keeping of a centuries-old wizard? Flamel's back-up plan was an elaborate multi-stage dungeon erected by powerful witches and wizards, that ended with a one-of-a-kind artifact that Voldemort would literally never be able to get the Stone out of.

It's not like that's the first time in 900 years that somebody thought about trying to take the stone, and Flamel had to keep it safe.

>In theory, you could kill a couple thousand wizards by dropping a nuke on London

Nope. Muggles cannot physically enter magical locations, what makes you think Muggle technology would fare any better?

>implying Nicholas fucking Flamel, the man who invented something nobody else has been able to replicate and who then had 500 years of training, wasn't more powerful than Voldemort

Voldemort was just lucky that Flamel had decided to retire.

Right which is how he nearly steals it when he's half alive on some autistic professors face and needs to feed off of unicorns to stay alive

Much more powerful then when he was full strength and commanding hundreds of minions

>no one won vietnam.
The commies won. America lost.

Because that person with the automatic weapon can't turn their hand slightly, say "Protego", and deflect bullets.

Because they are race traitors who are ashamed of their culture. There is literally no point of including shitskins if they act white. Might as well just cast whites in their stead.

>american wizard school
>everyone speaks spanish

Except the wizard in charge of keeping tabs on the President would know about the nuke plan and warn the wizard government, who'd just do a simple spell to project their voice onto every street in diagon alley, telling everyone to apparate to another city.