Best film ever?

Best film ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

pages.shanti.virginia.edu/Wild_Wild_Cold_War/files/2011/11/John_Wayne_Playboy_Int2.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=HjjDOdaFZg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I liked The Thing more but it's close.

no

Best action film ever.

Is this better than For A Few Dollars More? I just recently saw that film and I wasn't too impressed. (I haven't seen any of Leone's films other than FAFDM)

Watch 500 films more and see if it's still your favorite

I like it but it's so mainstream I pretend it's shit.

Cant really answer, senpai.
ATM my favourite it probably Das Boot.

I've never been a fan of westerns, but I absolutely love this film. Everything about it is so perfect for me. One of my favourites of all time.

it could be seen as western for people that don't like westerns t-b-h

it's the best out of that anthology. for a few dollars more is almost as good, but in good/bad, you can see that Leone really perfected his camera work and scene framing/development.

once upon a time in the west, also by Leone, is superior to good/bad.

tl;dr - good/bad is a really good film, but not the best ever.

do i watch the original or the remake?

i know its usually the original but i figure it must be showing some serious aging by now

Try asking anyone on the street if they've seen it

The 1982 one (actually a remake of a film from the 50s).
There was also one made in 2011 but it's a prequel and people say it's shit.

are you just saying that because it's a spaghetti western?

Carpenter's version of the The Thing is the best and has aged really well. I would skip the original (1951) and the 2011 prequel.

no, because it's totally different from the classic westerns

The perfect movie
Name one flaw
you can't

all style, no substance
I can name at least 10 better westerns

>how did they get to the safe so fast when they clearly showed the short fuse just one cut earlier (the bridge scene)
>why didn't Angel Eyes just shoot Blondie in the back after the latter one placed the rock with the name in the middle, why did he gamble so much?

name them then

Snoozefest.

>how did they get to the safe so fast when they clearly showed the short fuse just one cut earlier (the bridge scene)
Slow burn dude

>why didn't Angel Eyes just shoot Blondie in the back after the latter one placed the rock with the name in the middle, why did he gamble so much?
Tuco would've shot him

Not the poster, but the following films are better, IMO:

- Rio Bravo
- The Searchers
- High Noon
- The Shootist
- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
- The Outlaw Josey Wales
- Unforgiven

Not 10, but still.

>Slow burn dude

I don't remember it being that slow, quite the opposite matter fact. Footage me for evidence.

>Tuco would've shot him

Then why didn't Tuco pull the trigger? Sure, the gun was empty, but Angel Eyes would welcome the opportunity and whack Blondie.

>Rio Bravo
Really? It was good, but a bit long 2bh. Also it's aged more than the Spaghetti westerns.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is definitely up there as one of the best Westerns imo.

Thats not for a few dollars more

Wrong quote, I meant this one:

It's about honor user

kind of off topic, but John Wayne was great.

pages.shanti.virginia.edu/Wild_Wild_Cold_War/files/2011/11/John_Wayne_Playboy_Int2.pdf

>pages.shanti.virginia.edu/Wild_Wild_Cold_War/files/2011/11/John_Wayne_Playboy_Int2.pdf

> By 1965, Dennis Hopper was allowed back into Hollywood after being recast by the same guy who’d kicked him out (Henry Hathaway) for 1965’s The Sons of Katie Elder. A few years later, he starred alongside John Wayne in True Grit.

According to Hopper, he had a fairly amicable relationship with Wayne, for the most part. Wayne dished out friendly advice on acting and life, and the two got on fairly well. However, one day, John Wayne allegedly tried to kill him.

Wayne, who was a right-wing conservative, thought of Hopper as his very own “in-house commie.” Whenever some new political development disturbed or troubled him, Wayne would come after Hopper (whom he referred to as a “pinko“).

According to various sources, Wayne arrived on set one day via helicopter, angry that his daughters had attended a UCLA lecture by a civil rights activist, screaming, “Where’s that pinko Hopper?!” To make matters worse, Wayne was also carrying a gun on his belt. If Biskind’s book is to believed, Hopper spent the rest of the afternoon hiding in a cupboard while John Wayne stalked about, saying things like “I want that red motherf—r. Where is that commie hiding?”

I'm always reminded that Roger Ebert gave GBU a 3/4 back when it was released because he thought it was just a generic spaghetti western at the time. Then the fucking hypocrite change his score to 4/4 after everyone was calling it a masterpiece. What a fucking hack. Anyway, yes it is probably one of the best movies ever made.

I originally watched it not knowing it was the third in a trilogy. forever ruined

boy when you're named Marion you'll do anything to look like a hard motherfucker

Favorite western thread?

>only complaints are about a small continuity error and character reasoning
so it is the perfect film isn't it ?

It doesn't really matter since the only thing in common in them is Clint as the main character. Films share the same actors with different roles (Ramone = El Indio, Colonel = Angel Eyes) and each tells it's own story

FAFDM has the best plot, but TGTBATU really feels like and epic journey across the wild west.

so, it's agreed that john wayne was great

Don't be a fag.

Ebert was always influenced by what he was feeling at the time or film in general. He's gone back and changed a lot of his reviews because he knew he was a whiny bitch a lot of the time, although he was still a bitch for flip-flopping on most cult classics.

leone got better with every movie therefore ouatia is the perfecterest

I feel like the music tied the whole thing together, though it felt top heavy with the most magnificent pieces being at the very end.

With Il Triello accompanying it I think the final showdown is the best film scene of all time

in case either of you are still in the thread

i just watched The Thing and it was fantastic. I'm fucking blown away that the practical effects still look so god damn good.

Also, the way that the dudes break apart, and their heads split open almost like flowers at that one bit. That's been in so many horror games and stuff, was the thing the first to do that?

A fistful of Dollars is pure Kino

i have

i told my coworkers its my favorite movie. none of them have seen it. the usual response i get is "my dad loves westerns"

i've only seen the searchers, which is overrated. and unforgiven, which was good but not as good as TGTBATU

Yes, it's very underrated.
It's a simple story compared to the latter films, but it's paced so much tighter and Clint's character is the epitome of badass. And the soundtrack....
youtube.com/watch?v=HjjDOdaFZg0

Josey Wales maybe, but the rest are overrated entirely