/AOTY/ general

post your AOTYs and give recs to others or suggest some good shit that came out this year Protip: there is alot of good shit this year

bumpo

I liked that Japanese album the couple times I listened to it. Haven't listened to the new Avey Tare or Animal Collective yet. I'm not that into electronic music so I can't really relate to your choices beyond that.

yea tzusing is really great, deff give it another listen. Also that idles album was great! yea i'd say listen to meeting of the waters judging by our chart.

Yeah, the couple times I've listened to it has been at work, I'll probably give it more involved listens at home. I've enjoyed Animal Collective on a surface level in the past. I really enjoyed Deakins EP from last year. I'm seeing them open for Fleet Foxes in a couple weeks so I should probably look more into them.

if you enjoyed deaks stuff you will enjoy aveys new album and meeting of the waters. Also if are just trying them, do sung tongs, my fave by them and great freak folk

bamp

>it's another "pick vaguely unpopular AOTY picks to look like you have better taste than you do" thread

> it's another white suburban teen who only listens to what p4k suggest and thinks radiohead is the best band

i only liked this

oh shit this is actually pretty fun, thx kpop fag

you are welcome friend and kpop is the least gayest thing on this board

would you mind posting album titles?

guessing your top 5 is
A Crow Looked at Me
Crack-Up
Slowdive
Big Fish Theory
Flying Microtonal Banana

>would you mind posting album titles?

I Hate Models - Totsuka No Tsurugi
Introversion - Dystopia
Black Merlin - phase 1
Schwefelgelb - Dahinter das Gesicht
Tzusing - 東方不敗
Avey Tare - Eucalyptus
Bing Satellites - Snowday
Animcal collective - meeting of the waters

I need to update this. Some things need to be replaced with newer releases.

which ones are no longer your AOTY?

bump

is eye candy quality shoegaze?

nice chart, good to see Jaap Vink popping up. giving this Saagara a listen now, sounds good!

what's on the electronic side on your chart? see some stuff I don't know.

the hydra is a cool one on the electronic side of things, pretty simple and straightforward loose and minimal synth jamming, but with some grit to the timbre that keeps it from fading into the background for me.

wow the B side untitled is really fucking good

Remo Drive - Greatest Hits
Alex G - Rocket
Kirin J. Callinan - Bravado

top three

this guy knows

I thought so. check it out if you want.