Best Electronic Album of All Time

This is the best electronic music album of all time, nothing comes close

Not even Moby
Not even Autechre
Not even Brian Eno
Not even Massive Attack
And DEFINITELY not even Aphex Twin

You guys can't name a better album than this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g7N2-nuZbxY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0q1gCsZykg
youtu.be/JSpS3TFS3P0?t=32m3s
youtube.com/watch?v=pUZLlAWWh28
youtube.com/watch?v=zv-I-CNv3JI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

got anything to back that up?

also anything by Daniel Lopatin

Boards of Canada? More like Chodes of Canada

These fuckers can't even do ambient well, let alone a decent fucking album. Merzbow can probably make a better album than these two faggots and Merzbow isn't even an ambient electronic artist

How does it make you feel?

>80 years of music with more variety than rock or jazz
>one album
>unironically says "electronic"
Nice b8 m8

What instruments does Merzbow use?

Better than anything made by Aphex Twin that's for sure. A fucking chimp screeching while shoving pinecones up its ass makes better music than Aphex Twin let me tell you that.

What's your favorite song from it?

a noise banjo and I think he used analog equipment for his best albums

Sun Harmonics

"Lifting Concrete Lightly" by MIMEO and "BART" by Thomas Lehn and Marcus Schmickler are the best electronic albums of all time. Moby, Brian Eno, Massive Attack, Aphex Twin and Jon Hopkins are horrible desu.

Checkmate, faggot.

>Underworld

OI OI LISTEN, LOOK HERE BRUV, WE DO IT, WE GET DOWN FOR THE UK WE HOLD THE CROWN, THIS IS FREESTYLE, NOT WRITTEN, DIS IS RAPS IM SPITTIN LOOK M8, YOUS A WANKA, YOUS A FAGGHET LOOK M8 YOUR GIRLS SO UGLY, MY GIRLS LIKE POSH SPICE OI LISTEN, THIS AINT BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM OIGHT LISTEN OI I TAKE A DUMP ON YOU LIKE IM USING THE LOO, OI LOOK M8, LOAD UP THE LORRY, DONT CARE THAT YOURE SORRY OI LOOK M8 ME AND MY BOYS WE COME UP IN THE CLUB WITH NEW ADIDAS, OI M8, LISTEN SMOKING A FAG, EATING A PACKET OF CRISPS, OI NOW SHOW ME ANOTHER BLOKE AS NICE AS THIS, OI LISTEM, YOU DONT WANNA FACK WIV ME, OI, LOOK M8, LOOK OI, LOOK, FREESTYLE, THIS IS UK HIP HOP, LOOK, LISTEN, WE GET DOWN, WE HOLD THE CROWN, LOOK M8, OI, GIMME MY CIGARETTES, OI LOOK M8

I'm American.

>its a Sup Forums discuss the same ol pitchfork approved electronic albums episode

To be fair pitchfork ranked Immunity lower than it should be. Giving it a 10/10 wouldn't have even sufficed this goddamn masterpiece

i love watching musical newfriends talk about electronic records

>masterpiece

it's not, it's fucking mediocre backpambient brotempo bullshit with subpar production. sorry 2 burst ur bubble but even outsider house is better than that shit. heck, even afx and ae.

youtube.com/watch?v=g7N2-nuZbxY

Giving Immunity anything above 2/10 was a mistake

it's campfire headphase (inb4 muh guitars)

EXCUSE ME???? I'M THE BEST ELECTRONIC ALBUM OF ALL TIME

>having this opinion

This is the correct opinion
What fucking rock do the other anons live under?

Dubnobasswithmyheadman poster here, I honestly wouldn't be mad if I lost to you.

>What fucking rock do the other anons live under?

rock music

Yes

No you are reddit: the electronic album

THIS DESU

Title track or Open Eye Signal

Only correct answer.
Possible runner up would be pic related.

>MUH
>BOARDS
>OF
>CANADA

Overrated hacks. What's funny is that this is probably the worst of their albums, and all of their albums are lo-fi trash made from field records of anal sex.

>this is probably the worst of their albums

Nah, their last two albums are even worse, but I agree that they are overrated hacks that are liked mostly by people who do not know much about electronic music.

>lol do i fit in yet?

lmao this album is trash

the best electronic album is either geogaddi or saw85-92

nothing as good as this or maxinquaye has been done in 20 years, in electronic music or otherwise

Geogaddi and SAW 85-92 are trash as well, although they are better than Immunity

I agree with all of these posts and I never go to /bleep/.

explain yourself

when the timer runs out, Richard will debut his orchestra of trained apes with pinecones up their asses. 8.4 from pitchfork.

His son contributes some vocals

based on what criteria? saw is a completely different album

IDM is music for teenagers who are only starting to get into electronic music and ambient is music for housekeepers. Don't worry, if you are not a turbopleb, you will eventually grow out of Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada, just like I did.

Yes now you listen to Chain Reaction and Soichi Terada

fucking lol'd from this

>GeoGaddi and SAW are better than Immunity

If I shat out diarrhea hard enough on a drum machine and do it for 56 minutes, it would be better than SAW

The only kind of electronic music I listen nowadays is EAI and musicque concrete. I liked Chain Reaction, but I never was into Soichi Terada.

>EAI and musicque concrete

i like things that aren't ambient too

fUcKiNg LoL'd FrOm ThIs Xd ePic Bro XD

yes yes fuck aphex now i listen to /fa/ approved grime artist only :P

LOLEEEEE XD

LE WHITE LABEL XDDD

LE JUNKGLE 180 BPMN AMENS xDD

lE FUNNY PAD AND FMALE VOCAL DSMAPLES

hey, i'd pay 100 bucks for 56 minutes of you shitting if it's as good as this
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0q1gCsZykg

Epic meme

Cringe

>music for housekeepers
kek

>not even Autechre

youtu.be/JSpS3TFS3P0?t=32m3s

There is literally nothing forward of Autechre.

bump

this isn't even top 3 boc

The Eyes of Stanley Pain
youtube.com/watch?v=pUZLlAWWh28

thats not insides my boy

Thats where youre wrong kiddo

negatron amigo

step aside

The Top 10 electronic albums, ever

Karlheinz Stockhausen - Elektronische Musik
Klaus Schulze - "X"
Kanye West - MBDTF
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Manuel Göttsching - E2-E4
Tangerine Dream - Rubycon
Drexciya - Neptune's Lair
Vladislav Delay - Anima
Wu-Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
Brian Eno - Music For Airports

I hope this one counts.

If not, I agree with OP. Title track on that is marvelous.

get the fuck off my board you turbo plens

I fucking love ''electronic''

Almost as much as ''string'' and ''brass''

YELLOW

There needs to be some acid house / breakbeat hardcore in that chart. That shit had a huge impact on electronic music.
I wouldn't pay too much thought to what people call it. 'Electronic' annoys me less than 'EDM'.

You realise its a joke chart hating on retards lumping together literally everything made with instruments that have plugs right?

Hahahaha, shit, I only half paid attention. Didn't see the text at the top (or the fucking Taylor Swift and Kanye).

>Sup Forums
>taste in bleeps and bloops

pickos unos

ElegirĂ­a los dos.

electronic != just bleeps and bloops

>calls others turbo plens
>posts an album liked exclusively by turbo plens

What did he mean by this?

This one is pretty GOAT, but maybe not the best of all time.

>best electronic album of all time
>first two posts are boards of canada and jon hopkins
I'm fucking done with this board. You guys don't care about music at all.

>check out lifting concrete lightly
>it's literally just high pitched screeches and arbitrary noise

Wish I could slap the pretentious cunt out of you

>can't critique EAI
>thinks others are pretentious because he's uneducated

Someday you'll grow up and realize how stupid you looked pretending to enjoy random screeching noises for the sake of some imagined authenticity

>Stockhausen, Klaus Schulze, Eno and Tangerine dream in the same list as Kanye, Eno and Wu-Tang Clan
>I hope Brian Eno counts
I don't even know if these are ironic at this point, but if they're not, the current state of Sup Forums is beyond pathetic.

>>Stockhausen, Klaus Schulze, Eno and Tangerine dream in the same list as Kanye, Eno and Wu-Tang Clan

Why not?

>Someday you'll grow up and realize how stupid you looked pretending to enjoy random screeching noises for the sake of some imagined authenticity
Like clockwork. Spoken like someone who's never taken the time to understand the first thing about compositinal techniques or music theory for that matter at any substantial level.
youtube.com/watch?v=zv-I-CNv3JI
Beware of the lack of memes, beats, drops and the use of big words.

Because it's disgraceful if it's not ironic. At this point I doubt it is.

rekked, innit

>Because it's disgraceful

Why?

Works of some people in those lists are crucial for the development of electronic music, for the development of compositinal techniques and what music could be, not to mention acknowledged and analyzed to this day by the academia and above all - done for the right reasons. I'd give you the benefit of the doubt you know which artists I'm referring to.

Is ''development'' the only reason for music quality?

You need to watch this too for a start, as you're approaching this from the wrong angle.

I'm well aware who Stocky is and his music, you're not answering my question though as simple as it is.

If you're already familiar with Stockhausen's work, what's there to discuss? Some of the musicians mentioned in those lists are literal top 40 material and that's the exact opposite of making music for the right reasons. That's certainly not how development is encouraged and of course it's not the only value of a work of an artist.

>making music for the right reasons
Which are?

>not how development is encouraged
So you think thats the #1 most important when discerning quality?

>course it's not the only value of a work of an artist.
So why can't a contemporary electronic based album be regarded as one of the best?