youtube.com/watch?v=PmtClMH2BF8
youtu.be/uZUJKXs6W-4
youtu.be/2AOWWTilu6Q
youtu.be/rdouafzAng4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>i just shit myself

In B4 interracial kiss.

youtube.com/watch?v=GwTqNNXNQnA

How can anyone cry at a movie? They aren't real.

hey my man kill yourself

Never thought id cry this much

the entire movie is heartbreaking, but this ending scene cut my heart like a knife.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9sAB4JFh4Q

I've never seen the movie, but watching this clip makes me well up.

youtube.com/watch?v=27_H7xumAbA

>crying when watching an unfunny and unrealistic romantic comedy
?

Is it good even if youre not catholic?

poor volodia

yes.

When she told her story about being abducted by soliders in the balkans something snapped in me. I bawled for 15 minutes. I still can't even think about it.

user it's ok to not understand the subtext behind OP's scene. I think you'll get it when you turn 18

The scene right after this. You know which one I mean.
Not about to spoil it, probably one of the best movie experiences of my life

the opening of up

>it's an autist struggles to comprehend commonplace human emotions episode

Is it even good, period?

Holy shit kill yourself
Literally leave this board right now, you're not even good enough for capeshit

>I've had a rough year, Dad.

yes.

to watch a man suffer for what he believes is sure to soften even the coldest of hearts.

Yeah, why don't you have those commonplace human emotions for real people and real events?

define real

so I'm allowed to be saddened by recreations of nonfiction, or does it have to be live and the original event

what about reading about it in a book

The scene with Nick Holte drunk in a hotel room was much more sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtfkymtavUE

Yeah, that too
Though this hits closer to home for me, because of the relationship i have with my brothers

>...H-he was my brother.
fuck

>foxandthehound.gif

Titanic when Rose gets back on the ship. Made me realise I'll never experience love like that.

you will become a christian after watching it

Plague dogs

Didn't cry, but very good choice - some of the best film acting ever ... filmed.

no, the only unironically good jesus movie is Last Temptation which halfway treats jesus as a schizophrenic and has julian jaynes all over it

*TIPS*

too soon

LAWRENCE
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MR LAWRENCE
youtube.com/watch?v=WiBDwHlsX4c

youtube.com/watch?v=yfPLh_6ckzI

me in the mask

The ending of Rushmore. Reminds me of when I was in highschool and first year of college.

That look he gives Gandald, dammit PJ

at the end when they start singing
;_; it's so cute

When The Driver realizes that he's a real human bean

oh come on. I can't get over Sup Forums pretending that was a good movie.

lotr is cheating

>Hanna
>Yugoslavian native

No.

F

LONDON

user pls

Voices of a Distant Star

overmemed? yes
bad? no
Drive was amazing

All I feel is a waking sadness

but it wasn't amazing. it was shallow Taxi Driver. I get that he liked a girl, and the boyfriend was coold but then died. just, it was too short to be so lame. nothing happened that hasn't happened before.
Drive is only amazing if you're new to movies, new to cliches and plot twists.

youtube.com/watch?v=KtiowtWMHxI
FUCK

The Royal Tenenbaums is underrated desu.

>I've had a hard year, dad

Okay give me the benefit of an open mind here, I'll try and sell you on it.

Drive is, from the beginning, an extraordinarily standard action movie. He's a badass criminal, but not a bad guy - runs into a girl who's stuck with a bad guy boyfriend. Everything is set up for him to save the girl and the day.

2 scenes make this movie amazing
1. Welcome home party scene. The audience wants to hate Oscar Isaac cuz he's in the way of Gosling and Mulligan's happy ending - all of a sudden, Isaac gives the speech that makes him look sympathetic - he's a penitent character, and deserves a second chance
This throws the standard plot into confusion becuz we don't know what we want - Isaac and Gosling are both good guys
2. The diner scene right before Gosling kills Perlman. He dons the stunt double mask, embracing anonymity. The idea is that Gosling isn't a regular hero, he's a guy who had a higher calling that didn't give a reward, and he stepped up to the plate.
I think it's great because it knowingly warps the traditional narrative to show something really heroic.
What u think

how the FUCK is that one line that makes everyone emotive as fucK?

It's a genuine and human scene in contrast to an otherwise mostly ultra stylized film individually and cinema in general.

vimeo.com/140053995

fuck, I was a wreck after watching this shit.

The delivery is on point desu.

oh god that hipster music is painful

youtu.be/YSmuE7Us9hk

Years ago I watched Grave of Fireflies once because it looked like it had great animation. I can't bring myself to watch it ever again. It's one of the few movies that has made me cry like a little boy after his dog had died. Animation or not, it will tug on heart strings.

Not sure if this counts but it gets me without fail

Fuck, even thinking "The chains will never bind you" chokes me up.

Something truly heart-wrenching about an emotionally-detached lecher finding love only to be swiftly reminded by life that he can't be happy because of who he is.

I would have cared if the movie wasn't shit

is it too much to ask for a dying gf

Except for the fact that the main character drives all night, it has nothing to do with Taxi Driver.

Drive revolves around a lonely guy who tries to be a mythological figure because he's in a hyperreal city - actually, the most hyperreal city in America - which is Los Angeles. Refn really focuses on the city with several aerial shots, it's not a random decision, it's an artistic and coherent choice.

The Driver builds a persona based on traits of characters from Michael Mann and John Woo films. His activites, the fact that he works as a stuntman but also as a driver for robbers, make him lose any sense of reality, he sees himself as a film character but he's confronted to real people.

Irene is a single mother who raises a child, her husband was in a jail and isn't exactly the piece of shit you'd expect him to be. Shannon isn't a cool father figure, he's a broken man and an opportunist. Bernie Rose isn't your typical mob boss, he's just a guy who has connections with the Italian-American mafia, he gets involved in this situation but was violent only when he felt it was needed.

Therefore, his decisions all have a terrible impact because there isn't any plot device or deus ex machina that could help him. People die around him, he loses his only friend and he realizes that he can't escape from this mess if he doesn't embody entirely the mythical persona he's been buidling for years.

Drive is a masterpiece. To claim that it is shallow or only appeals to plebs is nothing more than a statement only a pleb would make.

Please source, mister! Just a handful of source.

youtube.com/watch?v=2_MIrzUc6-g

For real.

for me it's always when he's with Gweneth Paltrow on the roof afterwards
>it's not your fault

das my favourite fight scene from any anime
they did it so well from the manga

this movie is literally perfect
every time I watch it again or even think about it again my admiration for it grows
been this way for almost a decade

POTTERY

>you and your dad will never make up
>he'll never cause hijinks as he tries to reconnect with the family
>years of bitterness and pain will never be overcome
>he'll die someday but the pain won't go away

is it? I mean it got a Criterion release and it has a huge amount of critical love, it was just included in the BBC top 100 movies of the century list for instance. I think it's appropriately rated.

Exterminate communist filth. It's still amazes me that there are Chinese who defend the Cultural Revolution.

>it got a Criterion release
Wes Anderson basically sponsors that organization so all his movies get in, regardless of quality
>top 100 of only 16 years
I can guarantee that some pretty bad films are in that

uuuuuuuuh guys?

youtube.com/watch?v=PmtClMH2BF8

You'd have to read the source material to make those connotations, there's no way you could make these statements about the Driver without reading the book.

Can you infer that it's somewhat of a different perspective on the Gary Cooper type and the action movie's hero of the 80s brought to this era? Definitely.

Can you infer from the face-stomping after the kiss scene and Driver wearing his stuntman's mask during his rampage that it's a statement on the disturbing double nature of these action movie heroes? Yes, if you look at it deeply enough.

But you can't make those personal statements about the character itself, almost making it a character study, by watching the film alone.

RIP

youtu.be/uZUJKXs6W-4

youtu.be/2AOWWTilu6Q

the song in the extended version makes it even better

youtu.be/rdouafzAng4

The processing scene in The Master, especially the scene where they're questioning each other or some shit like that, and he tells Dodd's son in law something along the lines of, "I 've been in the war. What have you done in your life" and realizes what a complete failure he is himself.