Just watched pic related, feel emotionally eviscerated. Any films or shows to fix that?

Just watched pic related, feel emotionally eviscerated. Any films or shows to fix that?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0169547/?ref_=nv_sr_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

imdb.com/title/tt0169547/?ref_=nv_sr_1

the nice guys

wtf I hate humans now

Why do so many folks who watch this movie claim to feel devastated? It's a great movie, but there are a bunch of other emotionally compelling movies which no one ever laments about. For some reason, everyone just loves to talk about how this one made them feel sick to their stomach.

OP here, could you mention some of these other emotionally compelling movies. I can't speak for everyone else but I'm talking about this one because I just watched it.

Sure, give me a list of several movies you highly like and I'll get back to you in 30 min (in-game).

>implying he wasn't a pedo
guy deserved it

Of the movies I've recently seen I've enjoyed
Whiplash
Chevalier
Wiener-Dog
Barton Fink
The Guest
You're Next
Tickled
Punch-Drunk Love

gr8 b8

Alrighty, senpai, I gotchu.

>Festen (Vinterberg at the rise of his prime)
>Little Children
>The Great Beauty
>Embrace of the Serpent
>The Revenant
>Sicario
>House of the Devil

A big part of this one in particular is just one guy's suffering and ostracization and how he can never recover, regardless of if he did it or not. It's really easy to feel empathetic with him because you see basically all he goes through except for some parts glossed over (police questioning, being detained).
There are certainly other depressing movies but they don't try to connect with the audience as poignantly, I think.

Cheers. I've been meaning to watch Embrace of the Serpent, and I've seen and loved House of the Devil so I'm sure your recommendations are good.

Enjoy, user. Glad to see there are still some on this board who don't just want to "ironically" watch capeshit and meme themselves into oblivion.

Fair point. I don't agree with other movies not being able to achieve the same level of poignancy, but the injustice and cruelty depicted in this movie would trigger anyone, you're right.

Because they are all pedos who thought that this could happen to them when they approached a kid even if they don't do anything

Well, I certainly think there are many other movies that do what this does better, too. But this is just more relateable on general so a lot more people will talk about how it touched them. This one just has the benefit of reaching a wider audience without being too overwhelming for a lot of people.

Have you seen runaway train?

Check this one out.

Dogville :D

not going to start arguing, but he DID rape that girl

Bait