We can all agree this is Sup Forumscore right?

>Pitchfork 10/10
>Bolded on RYM
>10/10 All Music
>Rolling Stone Magazine 5/5

we dad now

But what does Christgau think about it?

"It's a mug's game to deny the technical facility claimed by one-upping crits and young victims of testosterone poisoning--not only does Axl cruise where other "hard rock" singers strive, but he has a knack for believability, which in this genre is the most technical matter of all. When he melds scream and croon on the big-beat ballad, you understand why some confused young thing in an uplift bra is sure it's love sweet love. But Axl is a sucker for dark romantic abstractions--he doesn't love Night Train, he loves alcoholism. And once that sweet child o' his proves her devotion by sucking his cock for the portacam, the evil slut is ready for 'See me hit you you fall down.' B-"

Christgau also gave Ok Computer a B-

duff mckagan best member

They're the most popular classic rock band on youtube and Scaruffi likes them too. Are Guns n Roses objectively the most approved rock band by the masses and critics?

Christgau gave Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded: Deluxe Edition, which is literally a rerelease of the same shit album, the same rating as The Velvet Underground and Nico, an A rating. Please don't ever mention his name here again

The Velvet Underground are insanely overrated.
>muh influence

Izzy is /ourguy/

what's wrong with that rating?

That's some weak bait friend

Not baiting.

eh, probably not bait.

my dad holds the same views towards them

You might be right that they are overrated (I disagree), but do you think & Nico deserves the same rating as the rerelease of an album that was already a steaming hot pile of pop-rap garbage? Even if you think they're overrated, certainly they're not THAT overrated

I never even said that I agree the two albums are of the same quality, just that TVU is overrated.

>my dad holds the same views towards them
That just settles it then, right?

I don't care what your dad thinks.

That someone disagreeing with the Sup Forums hivemin isn't automatically a troll? It should

They weren't particularly competent instrumentalists, but they were pioneers of three subgenres of music - art rock, experimental rock and noise rock. If you haven't already, please listen to Nico's solo albums, especially Desertshore.

Yes I know. That's why I put the question to you more directly so that you wouldn't try to avoid it, which you did anyways

Who's your father and why does his opinion hold any weight? You didn't provide an argument. Here's mine:

I've listened to solo albums by all the members of The Velvet Underground, including Doug Yule albums. I'll repeat myself, influence doesn't mean I have to like something.

I'd rather listen to Starships than The Gift, if you want an answer out of me and Moment 4 Life than Sister Ray

>Who's your father and why does his opinion hold any weight? You didn't provide an argument. Here's mine:
I never said my father held the opinion. More than one person responded to you. I'm just saying that having a different opinion than the consensus doesn't equal bait.

Alright cool, so your opinion can be discarded as well

So for you if an opinion doesn't fit in with the hivemind it shouldn't be listened to. Got it. I listen to music for my own personal enjoyment, anything else is wasting time.

Great. I didn't force you to.

lol I never said you did.

i fucking hate gun n roses

really appeals to nerds trying to look bad ass, sorry it will never happen

>I don't have to like Velvet Underground DAD I only listen to kool plane hijacking bands like Les Rallizes Denudes :-)

pleb

Legitimately a fun album.

Welcome to the jungle is a great song

Here's my overall chart from last.fm, but sure, whatever helps you think someone who doesn't have your taste is inferior to you.

Do you still wear up your appetite for destruction and dark side of the moon shirts your mom bought from kohls?