How long do you think Radiohead is gonna last before they go bad?

How long do you think Radiohead is gonna last before they go bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5k8dhZx1dlo?t=1h43m3s
youtube.com/watch?v=NlI75FkkS9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're already bad you fucking pleb

They'll probably stop releasing new music and disband before going to shit (and by shit I mean late-Beach-Boys-output kind of shit).

Never !!!!

Amnesiac was their last good album

OP here, sadly I got to agree with this.

>implying being OP gives you any power in this situation
OP is a faggot and wrong

AMSP was a return to form, but nevertheless unfortunately

Actual OP here, Kid A was last relevant record. I only liked I Might Be Wrong

they've already started to rot
the only reason why jimi hendrix, amy winehouse, or nirvana are even musically relevant today is because they killed themselves at the peak of their creative careers.

brb going back in time to kill Thom before he manages to release HTTT

Real op here, nothing past ok computer should have seen the light of day

actual real real op here i'm a faggot and i suck big dicks :^)

Is that Roman Polanski?

The real, actual, legitimate OP here, and I think The Bends was their last actually decent effort.

>brb
please fuck off back leddit

ITT: niggas forgetting about In Rainbows

Don't you have some friends to playing with this summer vacay, kiddo?

>kiddo
kill yourself ledditor

>listening to anything after pablo honey

Kid A/Amnesiac era was their peak even though I think In Rainbows is their best album.

You could still go see them in the U.S. back in '01 with only a few thousand people. Now you can only see them at the Papa John's Delta Airlines Monster Truck Civic Center Memorial Pavilion or at some shitty overpriced festival. This is why I haven't gone to one of their concerts since 2004. That, and their hardcore fans are complete cunts.

King of Limbs was pretty bad. They weren't even trying. AMSP has a handful of good tracks but is mostly dull and depressing as shit. That album killed any argument against the band being gloomy sad bastard music. I love the band but they're overdue for hanging it up. When you're pushing 50 and wearing skinny jeans and sporting a man bun, the odds of having one more good record in you is slim to none.

>Without the hype Radiohead's In Rainbows (Radiohead, 2007) would simply be a mediocre attempt at making slightly adventurous classic rock music. Abandoning their pretenses of innovation and futurism, Radiohead returned to their rock roots with a guitar-driven album that features precious few electronic/digital effects. This is U2-style arena-rock for the 2000s. The syncopated blues-soul shuffle 15 Step the half-baked hard-rock of Bodysnatchers (reminiscent of pathetic attempts by the Beatles to reinvent themselves in the age of Cream) or Faust Arp, a Beatles-esque elegy that has been heard countless times in the history of pop music, are not only inferior material by any standard: they are plain amateurish. To make matters worse, the album includes a whole set of sub-pop ballads, from the slow Nude (a long unreleased song, originally titled Big Ideas) to the even more moronic All I Need and House of Cards. Redeeming the album from utter mediocrity are Jigsaw Falling Into Place, by far the best song, the kind of feverish dance-rock that Inxs specialized in, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, a tender song a` la Coldplay that gradually builds emotioinal momentum, Reckoner, a languid soul lament over a hypnotic polyrhythm and a Moody Blues-esque string section, and finally the piano-driven Videotape, the melodic peak of the album and the one ballad that has something original to say. But it's way too little. Any critic who hails this album as a masterpiece must be missing 99% of the music released in the same month.
>5/10

predictable
retards
"lol"
HAHAHAHHAHAHA

they already went bad, then they came back and made amsp. I think it's going to revitalise them. feels like much more of a jonny album. not energetic any more and quite understated, but I think they're going to mature well thanks to him

more to the point they don't really seem bothered about churning out albums. they'll take their time and not force anything, and that usually bodes well

But user, they've been bad since their first album.

In Rainbows is literally their worst album.

You have a really plebeian opinion of King of Limbs. It's not my favorite by a long shot but it's legitimately good.

they literally are over

listen to that

youtu.be/5k8dhZx1dlo?t=1h43m3s

so cringyy

use timestamp of course

Probably around 2007.

you sat through 103 minutes of radiohead

sick thread.

Banana Co. is the only good song

>After Pablo Honey they started making icky music xD
Literally everyone who bashes In Rainbows,Kid A or OK Computer

But that's their best album

>niggas forgetting about In Rainbows
such a reddit comment

First time on Sup Forums, 2 shitty radiofags threads almost one after another... Well guess that'll be my last stop.

If they had to go bad, they would've done that already. For a band that has lasted close to 30 years, they're still making decent music.

pleb

>before
and first

alright lads, the for real OP here, everything On a Friday and after is rubbish

They were great in 1986. I haven't had any time to check out their new stuff. Heard it's OK

youtube.com/watch?v=NlI75FkkS9M

This actually doesn't happen often, Radiohead is far less discussed here then it was a couple of years ago

As to the thread, Radiohead have hit multiple peaks in their career imo so I think it depends on the albums. If they keep up with this pattern, which is certainly possible since AMSP was far better than the King o f Limbs, they can definitely stay relevant for a while. As long as they can keep making good albums they wont stop for a while unless the band starts having creative differences or some shit. That probably won't happen though since they've been sticking together for a while now.

What an edgy and hard-hitting take!
You have those dissenting opinion and you share them!

Maybe, but taking 5+ years to release an album is the norm for them now.

I think all of their albums are some kind of good but AMSP could very well be a sort of "supernova", one final flash of greatness before burning out. It's been easy to say that Amnesiac was their creative peak and In Rainbows was a spotless culmination of that sound's direction but I think AMSP took it one step further by taking that album's sound and combining it with a refined take on TKOL's more ambitious ideas and Jonny's touch for orchestral composition. I kinda figured IR was their last grand statement but AMSP showed me that they still had something left in them. I won't count them out yet for that reason but I can't imagine what other tricks they have left in their bag.

the authentic real life certified OP here, they should have stopped after drill

>before they go bad
>before

uhh should we tell him?

tell him what