WHERES SEASON 3?!

WHERES SEASON 3?!

Other urls found in this thread:

gamenguide.com/articles/42129/20160830/true-detective-season-3-air-date-spoilers-news-update-next-season-delayed-matthew-mcconaughey-to-reprise-role.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nevermind

Cancelled, because plebs couldnt understand the S2 plot.

Good thread so far.

basically this

Why did the majority of people hated season 2?

It was better than everything that was on TV at that time

>Cancelled
Did they flat out announced they abandoned the plans for S3? I remember reading a while ago the series could return in 2018.

Can't speak for everyone else, but for me the dialogue was terrible, characters are less complex and interesting, and the story wasn't as good as s1.

Ok, so youre right. There have been new announcements.

Last I heart Pizzalatte was writing on some new show/series.

Just found this from 3 days ago

gamenguide.com/articles/42129/20160830/true-detective-season-3-air-date-spoilers-news-update-next-season-delayed-matthew-mcconaughey-to-reprise-role.htm

Nic Pizzaman is in talks with HBO about creating a new show. Also higher ups at HBO have said that while the shoe isn't dead, it will likely continue with a new show-runner, with Pizzaman just a behind the scenes helper.

>Why did the majority of people hated season 2?

Im not trying to be edgy, or some arrogant prick.

Most people honestly didnt follow the plot.

Im not sure if it was the amount of characters and names, or even the construction/corporation jargon, but most people didnt understand Casper's death in the context of the overall story arc and how it set in motion events that would essentially undo the 4 main characters.

S1 was an epic tale of 2 amazingly well written characters searching for a ritual murder serial killer with a major conspiracy of a "cult" going up to the governor.

S2 was essentially a ritual murder triggering the investigation into a giant corrupt land-deal, which went all the way to the mayor.

Most people who liked S1, liked it entirely for the pseudo-intellectual existential crap (which is literally a red-herring in the narration style to fool the 2 black detectives), instead of the actual detective work.

I personally am a diehard detective novel/film fan and S2 had everything I loved.

Tiny details leading to the killer. Intricate connections between characters and a great reveal.

Not to pat my shoulder, but I knew who had killed Casper in episode 4, because I paid attention.

Who here prefers season 2 to season 1? Also, what are your hopes for season 3?

Good, Pizza killed the show

>mfw Pizzalatte is the worst writer in television
>mfw True Detective will never ever recapture the brilliant spirit of the first few episodes

Describe what made S1 so great, as opposed to S2.

If your answer is the character of Rust, then your opinion is invalid.

season 2 was unfocused crap. even people who didn't get it figured it out. that's evidence of it being shit. but i guess figuring out tv shows tickles your pickle too bad you only get the easy ones.

the creepy bayou setting vs. ghetto urban decay southern california

I have the feeling Pizzeria is just a really slow-paced writer. He probably spent years crafting the first season of TD before signing with HBO. His novel Galveston is actually really good. Season 2 just felt too rushed.

>even people who didn't get it figured it out.

Wew

So it comes down to personal taste, not quality.

>Describe what made S1 so great, as opposed to S2.
the director

yup, and better characters.
but im not the guy you were replying to

GOD

The direction. That being said, I actually quite enjoyed season two.

>unfocused
>even people who didn't get it figured it out
go ahead and try to reconcile this

>The direction.

I respect your opinion, but thats a buzzword-meme answer.

>yup, and better characters.

The reason the characters are "better", is because S1 is much more focused on the narration of their lives over years and how the case intertwines with their personal lives.

S2's characters are not only more than S1, but they arent as important to the plot as S1.

Thats not a real comparison, nor argument.

>pizzaman
what

Yes?

okie dokie

>gives an argument himself
>thats not a real comparison, nor argument.
maybe if nerd writer make a video about it you would consider it a "valid" argument

>but thats a buzzword-meme answer.
Season one felt like an epic seven and a half hour film, season two felt like well crafted but uneven tv show.

caspere cancelled it

THIS JUST IN: Season three confirmed!

>I personally am a diehard detective novel/film fan and S2 had everything I loved.

If you were an actual fan of detective novels/films you'd know that the who-dun-it hardly matters, they're all about the characters and atmosphere, which is why True Detective S01 was so good and S02 was such shit.

> the who-dun-it hardly matters, they're all about the characters and atmosphere, which is why True Detective S01 was so good and S02 was such shit.
And Casper knew this.

Would you watch it?

Season 3 here.