Show me those 7 days my dudes

Rate hate recc or tell me about your week

mine's been great, worked a lot, went to some cool shows, going to meet my fresh (sort of) gf's parents tomorrow and life's been treating me pretty well the last few months :)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BITUlKLEJXU
youtube.com/watch?v=sopiG1Qhlh8
youtu.be/eaMbKZPBruU
youtube.com/watch?v=vB6QoHPU8xw
youtube.com/watch?v=b9t8Oex9BpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CRhvB0B95nc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hope this thread gets some life because collage threads that don't take off make me feel like shit, whether I'm OP or not

All I do is relax and play vidyas. So my week's been pretty good according to my standards.

We have another one of these threads, but imma still post.
Nice Terria. I love that album. Earth Day is one of my favorite metal tracks overall. Did you ever listen to Casualties of Cool? I assume you have thanks to all of the Devy on your chart, but make sure to peep it if you somehow haven't already.
Did you know there's an NES Holy Diver video game?

Damn, been on an 80s metal crusade?
This chart takes me back to being 12 to be honest and that's not a sneer. I remember listening to Powerslave and Justice so much in my first few year in high school and my last year in elementary.

Love seeing the Police as well, they were my very first concert.

How to into Devin Townsend?
Also someone recc some shit based on mine

I had no idea, I'll have to check it out.

You bet I did, everything Dev did up until post-epicloud is god-tier imo. Was at his show hthe day before yesterday and talked to him afterwards. Dude's funny as fuck and my god what a voice. He was his own opening act (acoustic) and to see him sing 1 meter away from you is a really cool experience. He's probably one of my all time fav musicians.
And yeah I saw the other thread, but it was dead as fuck. posting there is a guaranteed no-reply.

I drafted into Dev through Strapping Young Lad. WAY different from his solo stuff as it's way heavier but once I checked his first few solo records I was sold. Check out Ocean Machine, Infinity and Terria. Stellar fucking albums.

Seeing some cool shit there man, Tesseract, Karnivool, Radiohead, Meshuggah etc.
You also take me back, but in this case to being 17 again. Only thing missing is Mastodon and Textures hah.
Your chart is very broad so to just throw in some reccs is gonna be hard. What kind of stuff are you into the most, recently?

Will do, the only Devin I've heard has been too 'happy' for my tastes, however pleb that sounds. I do love Textures, shame they're splitting! I never knew where to start with Mastodon but I'll get around to them eventually. Lately I've just been in a rut listening to the same old stuff, like the stuff you mentioned.

Yeah Dev's recent albums were too 'orchestral' for my tastes. I mean he's always incorporated the wall of sound approach but it was a bit too cheerful for my tastes, and no of course your opinion doesn't make you 'pleb'.

What happened to me was that I drafted into Doom, Sludge and post-metal from where you are at right now. I don't know it it will grow on you but when I heard Electric Wizard's Dopethrone for the first time I was blown away.
Other than that, check out if you like any of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=BITUlKLEJXU

youtube.com/watch?v=sopiG1Qhlh8

youtu.be/eaMbKZPBruU

Started Ocean Machine, I like it so far. The ISIS track was good, and Dopethrone is intense haha, it's like an ear rape version of the Black Sabbath debut, and I mean that in the best possible way. You sound like you might enjoy some Russian Circles is you don't know them already.

Good to hear you like it man. Yeah I know Russian Circles, like them but there are better post bands imo. And yeah I had to get used to Wizard as well when I first heard this, even though I was overwhelmed by the massive low-end but it grew on me and launched me into doom. Lemme know how you like Ocean Machine in it's entirety

Still on the Wizard stuff. Ever heard of Cloudkicker?

good week! i saw Todd Terje on the street in Oslo the other day

low energy

Dude I'm loving that Cigarettes After Sex album. One of my favorites of the year so far.

hello guys, sorry for my pleb taste.

+ Raketkanon
++ MBV, Kate Bush

Bought my first guitar this week and I've been practicing for a couple of days now. Lot of fun. Justinguitar is an amazing resource for learning. I remember picking up a book on how to learn guitar 10 years ago but that turned out to be completely useless and I gave up.

Not a lot of discoveries this week. Pretty standard one. And overall life sucks

385 - Ningen

every day of the week
>wake up
>jack off
>play video games or watch something on youtube
>go to work
>play more video games or watch something on youtube again
>jack off again
>go to bed
living the dream.

same but last few months instead of week

Man 666 is such a great album, you listened to any Soft Machine?

+elder
goya - harvester of bongloads
carla dal forno - fast moving cars
+DsO, hell, om, kyuss, earth
bast - spectres
+julien baker, sorority noise

My best friend moved cross country :'(

+Todd Terje
+Beatles
+Mac, Alvvays, AnCo
right there with you buddy
That's really cool. I haven't seriously practiced an instrument for years now, I need some discipline
+AnCo, Pharcyde, Bork, Dylan, Heads
+Guided by Voices, King Gizz, Shabazz, Kurt Vile... pretty much all that biz. Cool chart.

My week has been pretty meh. I turned 25 but didn't do jack shit for my birthday. Didn't even get a happy birthday message from anyone. I honestly don't even know how to feel about anything anymore.

happy birthday :)

No, I didn't, but I think i'm gonna listen to Third today.

happy bday
youtube.com/watch?v=vB6QoHPU8xw
youtube.com/watch?v=b9t8Oex9BpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CRhvB0B95nc
do you think this is good. they ave got kind of a depeche mode vibe

+Shabazz Palaces
Why? - Alopecia, The Ole King

+KAYTRANADA, Courtney Barnett

Milo - so the flies don't come

t-thanks anons

for heads only

+DAF, deutsch nepal
I do like the soft moon but I haven't heard the KVB before. I'm liking this song, thanks for the rec man.

have you heard much from kiss the anus of a black cat? you seem like the type to be a fan
+vasilisk
mother destruction - ascending the spiral groove
psychonaut - pylon of daath

Shit, I forgot. Happy birthday user. Check new Shabazz Palaces albums. And start listen to some older shit.

never heard of kiss the anus of a black cat. i think i would have remembered that name. i ll check it out thanks.

specifically go for the album hewers of wood and drawers of water if you want more neofolky stuff and if you want more darkwave influences check out weltuntergangsstimmung

>somebody other than me has heard of kiss the anus of a black cat

>youtube.com/watch?v=vB6QoHPU8xw
very sweet, thank you
+Dilla, FlyLo, Roots
>Milo - so the flies don't come
I'll check it out, thanks
Ayy I saw Dam Funk in Boston this May, dude puts on a good show

couples days ago was my birthday, it keeps feeling less important each year. i just wish my family stopped caring about it.

+current 93
moodie black - nausea

recent shit

HOLY SHIT YES

Hey guys, OP back again from working at a festival

Yeah heard of them, but never actually heard them

Im jealous as fuck I wanna see him live so bad his drummer is not from this world

Yesss Ikr it grew on me reeeally quick. I instantly loved it and I don't have that too often.

Never apologize for your taste ever
Also + Mac, Cloud Nothings, Yuck

Some good krieg my dude.
Worked at a festival today where Dool played and ended up talking to JB, their bassplayer about black metal and Herder for like 30 minutes, really cool guy.
Also, nice to see Anna von Hausswolff, she's the shit
Also also, Love you for knowing Raketkanon

heard this 293492394 times but stuff'll change man. You'll get chances and if you take them you can take acutal control over your life, it's scary and insanely cool desu
Also + for Gizz, Kurt, Radiohead, Mastodon, Slowdive and Neurosis

Happy Birthday man! I don't know you but you posting here must mean something. Do you know Lil Ugly Mane?

Ocean Machine is really excellent, especially the second half (Greetings, Funeral and Bastard). Infinity and Terria didn't really grab me for some reason.

enough prog for you there?

I haven't listened to Bardo Pond in some time and really should

Yess I love Funeral, Bastard and Death Of Music so much. Prolly my fav three consecutive songs.
And that's okay, maybe relisten it sometime or if you think it won't do anything for you, don't bother. you're not obliged to like anything.

Check out his record Ki by the way. Very different stuff but really beautiful.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++ for bedwetter my dude, idk why bedwetters album art is not showing in my collage :/

Also plus for desert shore

cool tastes ill check out some of the albums I haven't listened to

do u even shrooms

>enough prog for you there?
There is never enough prog