Nuclear Apocalypse Simulator

A few months back, the National Security Archive made national headlines when they released a 1956 US target list they had obtained under the Freedom of Information Act. The target list outlined over a thousand Strategic Air Command nuclear targets in the Soviet Union, Eastern Bloc, the People’s Republic of China, and North Korea. The Archive had posted a small graphic of the ones in Eastern Europe, but hadn’t digitized the full list. Several weeks ago, the people at the Future of Life Institute did just this, digitizing the complete dataset — no small task, given that these were spread over several hundred, non-OCR-able pages of smudgy, 60-year-old government documents.

blog.nuclearsecrecy.com/2016/05/09/mapping-us-nuclear-war-plan-1956/

blog.nuclearsecrecy.com/misc/targets1956/

nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/?&kt=10000&lat=69.333333&lng=29.983333&airburst=0&hob_ft=0&casualties=1&fallout=1&zm=8

My worst nightmare is the ultimate nuclear happening happens and we have no connections to shitpost about it

Plans must be in place to cut every underwater cable if shit hits the fan, so i doubt there will be Sup Forums.

Interesting. I'm going to explore the links.

Thermal radiation radius (3rd degree burns): 2.21 km (15.4 km2)
Third degree burns extend throughout the layers of skin, and are often painless because they destroy the pain nerves. They can cause severe scarring or disablement, and can require amputation. 100% probability for 3rd degree burns at this yield is 8.9 cal/cm2.

Goddam, that shit scary.

SSSHIIIIIEEEEETTTTT

Jesus, Eastern Europe would have looked like a massive version of the Glowing Sea in FO4 if this had happened.

Meme magic is our only protection

And thats just the US hit list, if everyone threw all their nukes i think everyone would be living in Africa and Latin America now.

Would the rivers momentarily disappear if this happened?

How about a good game of chess?

Fund it.

>go to nukemap
>bomb my house
>Keep dropping bombs in same exact spot until death toll stops rising

What am I doing with my life?

Killing niggers?

What the hell is on that island right next to Hokkaido?

I doubt Japan would be happy about fallout just leaking into their country.

Cool. Have a (you).

>calculated for the Tsar Bomba
that was never a deliverable weapon
newest strategy is for many smaller MIRV payloads

Russians.

>I doubt Japan would be happy about fallout just leaking into their country.
I don't think anybody would care about japan feelings in case of ww3.

So many nukes for Estonia :(

This is why we need globalism. To prevent the unthinkable

Good goyim.