Krautrock = post rock???

Is post-rock just krautrock revival, but no one could call it krautrock because it was not made in germany?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zndpi8tNZyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There are alot of stylistic similarities between krautrock and post rock.

youtube.com/watch?v=zndpi8tNZyQ

Long, atmospheric instrumentals with alot of repetition

Post-rock lacks the psychedelia most krautrock bands embraced, does it not.

But i mean, look at Neu for example. if they existed today and they were american, everyone would consider it post-rock pretty easily

>it's a crazyaga thread

>Blatant Ad hominem
wew

Krautrock is a marketing term for prog rock from Germany meant to hide the fact that English prog is terrible.

But krautrock wasn't progressive rock, wtf?

Is Amon Duul II krautrock?

Only some early post-rock like Cul de Sac are krautrock revival.

Genre is as much a descriptor for the musics time and place as it the sound.

yes.

Well but i mean, some krautrock like Neu is clearly not prog

No, post-rock is just the modern evolution of prog rock, and krautrock was just an offshoot of prog.

Reminder that post-rock is not a real genre.

Chris Karrer, founder of Amon Duul II, maintains vehemently that Amon Duul II is prog and not krautrock. So yeah.

Nah.

Post-rock and krautrock are both sort of offshoots of prog though (despite what post-rock fans protest about), but they both emphasize a sort of minimalism.

>But krautrock wasn't progressive rock, wtf?
>"Krautrock" is a term coined by the British music press, and is generally used to refer to the progressive and experimental groups of late 1960s and early 1970s Germany.
Hmm...

Krautrock also isn't a real genre, btw.

you are right probably

How we solve this tag issue?

There is no such thing as a real genre

I swear to fucking god, i've been visiting this board for YEARS and this is by far the biggest meme on Sup Forums, ever.

Nobody here can agree on what the fuck krautrock is.
Kraut-anything sparks the biggest memelords in this shithole, any discussion about kraut-something turns into a memefest.

are robots german?