While I think the word capekino is fucking stupid...

While I think the word capekino is fucking stupid, I appreciate that bvs was actually serious and had themes that superhero films these days don't discuss. Civil war on the other hand wasn't awful, but it was like every other marvel film and just stuck to making quips entire time, it's like Disney doesn't want to try anything new.

If it ain't broke...

BvS was good, civil war was average.

there, we never discuss this again, case closed.

What an original and informed opinion you have.

Marvel cuck spotted

/thread

what are the themes you're referring to? shitty jesus metaphors don't count.

M A R T H A
A
R
T
H
A

>Superman is a symbol for unilateral action, Batman is a symbol for the oppressed and powerless victims

>The balance of the anima and animus in the human mind

>The Nietzschean concept of "God is dead and we have killed him"

>Jesus allegory because fuck you

>mfw I thought it was more of a struggle between idealists and realists, trying to find their place in the world

Civil War is objectively a better movie in literally every way. Reported.

Video Games = "entertainment" sensibility = autism.

This is predominantly an art board (the "entertainment" shit that is constantly being discussed here is a result of crossposters from pleb boards like Sup Forums and Sup Forums)

True cinema = art which is the opposite to autism and in turn the opposite to video games.

The sensibilities resulting in video game appreciation are diametrically opposed to the appreciation of cinema as "art". Videogames/autism/"entertainment" are the reason for capeshit.

If you support capeshit you are Sup Forums and anti Sup Forums, Sup Forums, film and art.

>>The Nietzschean concept of "God is dead and we have killed him"
Do you really think Nietzsche meant that God was literally murdered?

Fucking /thread

I genuinely liked Civil War, but it's the same stuff over and over again.

At least Snyder tried something new.

>pierrot
lel what happened to that faggot

Lol, and these are the people that knock bvs.

Tell me again who the pseudo intellectuals are nu-male

>doesn't understand basic philosophy
>spouts buzzwords
You could've said something about the Ubermensch if you want to sound smart

>couldn't even bullshit without mentioning surface level religious allegories

There were no idealists imo.

superman was disillusioned by the god worship and saw the harm it was doing to the very structure of human kind but he could never abandon them

>BvS
>Good
It was awful. Stop kidding yourself.

no idea
i left for a month and when i came back he was gone
same with that meta retard

At what point did you think I was talking in literal terms my intelligent friend?

Kek. Why so mad? Bullshit or not, surface level sophomore level religious analogy or not... it's there right

>At what point did you think I was talking in literal terms my intelligent friend?
>I was only pretending
At least point me to the scene in BvS where the people lose their faith in the traditional Abrahamic God.

Jesus the memes are real... You really didn't understand?

You do know it's superman as the new god concept right?

>You do know it's superman as the new god concept right?
And you do know that Nietzsche's death of God refers to the "killing" of the traditional Judeo-Christian God right?

Wow... So in your opinion we can only apply philosophy only in a literal sense?

I was laughing. not so much now, I feel I might actually be talking to a retard

The theatrical version was awful, yes. The Ultimate Edition? Not so much
>inb4 hurr durr, u shouldnt have to see a different version of the movie to enjoy it
>what is network television R rated movies vs. actual R rated movies

>So in your opinion we can only apply philosophy only in a literal sense?
You're the one applying it in a literal sense here, fuckhead. Just because you understood the subtle sledgehammer of Snyder's contention that his Superman=God and the movie ended with his death doesn't mean you can put two and two together and link it to a Nietzschean concept that is never apparent in the movie. So again, if you could stop with the memeing and frog pictures, tell me where in BvS the people are show to have grown disillusioned with the traditional God for Superman to replace their source of morality as the new Overman?

>had themes that superhero films these days don't discuss
the two movies you posted have the same themes

lol

Jesus man, the concept is not talking about humanity killing god by sinning, it is talking about how scientific thought and progress in our understanding of the world and reality and the origin of such concepts makes the need for such a concept moot. One of the most basic supports for the non-existence of god and the existence of atheism is presented in the movie, "If god is all powerful, he cannot be all good and if he is all good, he cannot be all powerful." Therein lies the paradox and that's why Lex wants to show the world that views Superman as a God, that he is just a man and that god doesn't exist.

>two men dress up in spandex and punch each other
>serious movie

What if a director dreamed of creating something other than what society had intended? What if a capeshit aspired to something greater?

Not him. It can be interpreted both ways. Either way, Superman is not a source of moral principles that can be made irrelevant with science, nor a concept that can be made not to exist by people not following its doctrine.

>Jesus man, the concept is not talking about humanity killing god by sinning
When did I say that?

>it is talking about how scientific thought and progress in our understanding of the world and reality and the origin of such concepts makes the need for such a concept moot.
Mostly agree, but Nietzsche was more concerned about the death of God as a source of morality and the nihilism that would follow. The Ubermensch is to be the new guide in a post-religious world.

>One of the most basic supports for the non-existence of god and the existence of atheism is presented in the movie, "If god is all powerful, he cannot be all good and if he is all good, he cannot be all powerful."
That's just the Epicurean paradox. Nietzsche's death of God says nothing about the existence of God.

>Therein lies the paradox and that's why Lex wants to show the world that views Superman as a God, that he is just a man and that god doesn't exist.
Let me get this straight, so the villain in the story wants to prove Nietzsche's concept and show that their God (Superman) is just a man who is now dead. Wouldn't that imply the message of the movie is against Nietzsche's philosophy of the Overman as well? Kinda stupid to say that in a movie about Superman.

Some people liked BvS, some people didn't. Some people like Civil War, some didn't. That's it. You guys just post shitty memes and green text shit. There's literally no point disusing it. From what I've seen after all these capeshit threads is that tv/ struggles to understand capehit.

>So in your opinion we can only apply philosophy only in a literal sense?
Yeah, otherwise it would be fucking wrong, you tard.

Without memeing like an absolute retard, when was BvS ever serious apart from just the characters taking themselves too seriously.
That's the only real difference between these movies, that and Marvel actually know how to competently make a movie, even if it isn't that great.

How else can a film be serious if not through the characters?

It is serious because the characters take what is happening seriously.

>When did I say that?
You implied it, how else do you kill a god if not by sin. A direct opposition to gods will

>God as a source of morality and the nihilism that would follow
Yes which was Lex's goal. People attributed superman with godhood and applied all doctrine of religious dogma towards his worship

>That's just the Epicurean paradox.
I know, but again it leads to lex unmasking superman for the fraud that Lex believes he is leading to Supermans (gods) death not in a physical sense though that was a bonus

>Let me get this straight, so the villain in the story wants to prove Nietzsche's concept and show that their God (Superman) is just a man who is now dead
More or less yes. Lex just wanted to reveal superman for the fraud that he was either kills batman or gets beaten by him

It's capeshit. It's not perfect but the theme's are there...

You're a fool, but thats ok

You don't understand. If Lex wants to kill Superman/God (which he succeeds at) that would make him a catalyst for the eventual emergence of another Nietzschean Overman. So apparently Lex is the good guy for killing the older God to make way for the new source of morality in the a post-Superman world.

Getting real tired of these threads about movies based on childrens books

>childrens books
*picture books

Same difference

>So apparently Lex is the good guy for killing the older God to make way for the new source of morality in the a post-Superman world.

Bingo bongo (at least in Lex's view)

My thing about Civil War was that it could have been A Lot better with some script changes.
It also doesn't help that the movie is called Captain America, and yet the movie focuses more on developing Tony than Cap. Oh, and that Steve is also the bad guy.

So the film takes an anti-Nietzschean approach which, like I said before, in a movie about Superman is pretty fucking stupid.

Well stupid or not is down to individual interpretation, as flawed and ham-fisted as it was I enjoyed.

I'm gonna hit the sack. I enjoyed the conversation user sorry for being a dick earlier

Fuck off ahsole. This thread ends when I say it ends

BvS a shit.

Civil War was kino

Wow. how original a response.

Typical dcuck

If I watch BvS should I watch theatrical release or director's cut? Not watching both.

>At a beer hall
>Smoking with a cute chick
>Ask her for her name
>She says Martha
>Start bugging out ask her loudly why did she say that name, drop cigarette and drink and grab her shoulders and scream
>She walks away

I feel like this place buries memes in your head you can't control even IRL. I had the same meltdown when someone told me I was a big guy.

It can't be something greater. Literal shit can never be gourmet food no matter how much people dress it up.