Who's the best instrumentalist of all time and why is Trane?

Who's the best instrumentalist of all time and why is Trane?

>Who's the best instrumentalist of all time
me or Pastorius

>why is Trane?
Trane isn't. Trane was, but Trane no more.

If we're talking all time how is he better than Frederic Chopin?

why is Trane what

Impossible to judge since there are no recordings of musicians before 100 years ago. And also since there are so many different criteria on which to judge.

PS- you're stupid if you don't realize that the best modern saxophonists could play circles around Trane. Just look up Chris Potter.

>How is this genre redefining virtuoso who wrote suites to God and redefined an entire tradition's approach to harmony, melody, rhythm, timbre, playing style, scope and subject of compositions, etc. better than a pop hack who wrote cute little vignettes for piano?

He's a toodeloo sax man.

yes

I don't know what that means.

im sick of this place, the format of "who is the best X and why is it Y" is getting really fucking old. what an autistic way to just say you think Y is better than X.

"Y is best at X"

>not knowing that Z is way better than X or Y
fucking plebs

Hey look, the guy getting butthurt about Sup Forums vernacular is throwing the word autistic around the place.
The fuck does it matter how he phrases the idea? You get what he means, but it's fun to whine about things, right?

he could phrase it in a much better more concise manner now couldnt he

he is using Sup Forums vernacular not because it is a more efficient way of conveying his opinion, he is doing it because everyone else does it and it makes him feel included, because he feels excluded by society in every other field of human experience. seems pretty autistic to me

A) Efficiency isn't necessarily the most important consideration when discussing music on Sup Forums
B) , stop projecting so hard

obviously efficiency isn't a priority on this site, i mean why else would there be three "be nice to grimes" threads up at any given moment, but may i ask what is the most important consideration when discussing music on Sup Forums?

> what is the most important consideration when discussing music on Sup Forums?
Getting thoughtful replies. Or, failing that, getting butthurt replies.

i don't see how intentionally talking like you have no grip of syntax facilitates thoughtful replies more than a correctly worded question. and really, what thoughtful replies did this OP get? He literally got a pointless first post, pointless second post, a subjective thirst post, pointless fourth post, etc... The thread has literally been kept alive by me stating how tired i am of babby talk on this board and you worthless assholes defending OP. fucking hilarious.

The first category doesn't exist on this site my man.

Yes. He most certainly did fail in getting thoughtful replies. He could have started a /jazz/ if he wanted those tho.
I'd say he's enjoying how inflamed your rectum is rn tho. I know I am.

not inflamed, just trying to get a logical and thought out response from even one person and its not happening it looks like, just the usual "hurr you mad bro" which i guess is all this site offers after all.

>just trying to get a logical and thought out response
About what? Sentence structure? Pretty sure you haven't tried to discuss music once yet.

noone fucking cares bro

im pretty sure no one on this site actually discusses music, its just one big subjective circlejerk of fans shitting on fans of slightly different music

the faggotry in this thread is overwhelming excuse me