How do I get into blues? I know nothing about it

How do I get into blues? I know nothing about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qaE7C-hf6Wg
youtube.com/watch?v=BK_ZP6dN6sU
youtube.com/watch?v=xW8u31u2pT0
youtube.com/watch?v=f4mBTjJ_Yrg
youtube.com/watch?v=TPgRPRu4sho
youtube.com/watch?v=4scedJs6hC8
youtube.com/watch?v=J7f26d-AIrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

don't
listen to Debussy

By not listening to BB Cuck.

Start with delta blues. Robert Johnson.

Thanks for the rec, senpai.

>listen to blues
>congratulations
>you are into blues

it's all the same shit repeated over and over again

Get the Chess Records His Masters series for Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, Little Walter and Howlin Wolf.

Enjoy GOAT music.

Start with Robert Johnson, Charley Patton, Blind Willie McTell, Mississippi John Hurt, etc. and then move to stuff like

quintessential

Pic related doesn't have everything but it's a good starting point with almost a little bit of everything.

And this tbqh ℉áᛗ

Blind Lemon Jefferson and Leadbelly are worthy of a listen as well.

Chuck Berry never cut a blues record. His stuff is a lot closer related to the country music of the time than anything blues music

>no one has informed the OP that in order for him to get into the blues...

>he's got to pay his dues

I'm very disappointed in you, Sup Forums.

Um

youtube.com/watch?v=qaE7C-hf6Wg

>Chuck Berry never cut a blues record.

youtube.com/watch?v=BK_ZP6dN6sU

Sadly the best stuff is rather hard to get into because it was recorded on leaky tin cans made of wood. Delta blues is especially good. And I really like slide guitar blues.

If you just want to check out the popular stuff, most well known artists are the three kings (Freddie, Albert, B.B), Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters

Guys who are called popular "blues players", but are playing something can only be described as "inspired by blues": Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmy Hendrix

That's a song, not an album. I should have said album instead of record
That's a song, not an album. Listen to Too Much Monkey Business on the same LP and tell me it's a blues record

A record is a recording user. An album is a kind of record, as is a single, as is any one song. You fucked up with your wording and both the links posted are records.

1. get sad
2. get drunk
3. think about guitars and pianos
4. ?????

And triplet everything

In Soviet Russia, The Blues gets into YOU!

Chicago electric blues records are some of my favorites. Try Magic Sam, Junior Wells, Paul Butterfield..

As I said, I should have said album, so that's fair. But if you make that change in my original post, what I said is true: Chuck Berry didn't record any blues albums. He absolutely took monumental influence from the blues greats of his time; but it was country inspired stuff like Maybellene, inspired by stuff like Ida Red youtube.com/watch?v=xW8u31u2pT0 that made him popular

Country and blues as a whole were a lot closer then than they are now. Jimmie Rodgers considered himself a blues artist.

If you want to categorize something, you don't rely on what other people claim to be, or think they are. Of course country and blues sounded a lot more similar back in the 1950s, country begins with the blues and other American folk music. But it's the synthesis of the two that is rock and roll, at least early rock and roll is basically the marriage of country pacing/rhythm and blues guitar progressions. Chuck Berry maybe didn't invent rock and roll, but he certainly WAS playing it, not blues or country

No one said otherwise. You're saying things everyone here already knows,

Listen to eric clapton. bluesbrakers album, cream albums and derek and dominos and that's all what you need to hear

You seem to think that just because anons here said Chuck Berry played blues that we're saying he played nothing /but/ the blues. That's not what's happening.

>Country and blues were a lot closer back when they both were more interrelated
You're not saying anything, user. Why don't you collect your thoughts and come back when you have something to contribute?

But why would you recommend Chuck Berry to someone who was asking for blues music to listen to? It's the same as if someone asked me to recommend some bluegrass and I posted some random Grateful Dead song where they played covered some random favorite of theirs as a one-off

>Chuck Berry never cut a blues record
>except when he cut a blues record but I didn't mean that kind of blues record
Wow, thanks for enlightening us user.

I never recommended him. My first post in this discussion was and then

jimi hendrix of course

And since there'll probably be someone saying I'm lying...

RJ isn't really delta blues, he's got a much wider repertoire.
The Centennial Collection has the best sound quality, if you can find it.

start with his first album like any other artist

>reddit spacing

But who recorded the first blues album?

Clapton

Nobody mentioning ol' Lightnin'?
youtube.com/watch?v=f4mBTjJ_Yrg

Again, I said that I meant album, you're just being pedantic for focusing on one small mistake that I've already happily corrected. I'll show myself out, enjoy all those Chuck Berry blues records you've been listening to

you mean Elvis right?

>enjoy all those Chuck Berry blues records you've been listening to
I will after you quote the post where I said anything of the sort.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPgRPRu4sho
Another favourite.

What are you two even arguing about at this point?

youtube.com/watch?v=4scedJs6hC8

>work as 1:1 aid for special ed kids whose parents have forced school district to keep in regular classes
>follow through every period of the day, dealing with autistic fits
>maintain sanity by working with other kids and helping teachers whenever the live hand grenade is busy
>go to Music class
>teacher is new
>went to school with her so I try to help out more
>guitar unit on the blues
>trying to teach kids basic rhythm for it
>try to get them into groups to write lyrics for the basic rhythms
>"I don't get it... what do they write about"
>"This stuff is weird"
>etc, most of the kids just listen to hiphop so they don't care
>try to explain it
"Well.... it's basically just complaining. Complain about your lives"

dude rock n roll
i like to be somebody else
gardening shows
idk
reference to hotel where the song is made
first in many many beatles references
idk
dude unhealthy eating habits lmao
dude healthy eating habits lmao
dude open chords in Am lmao
dude marriage sucks lmao

jimi hendrix of course

Oasis?

Conan did a remote about exactly that.
youtube.com/watch?v=J7f26d-AIrM

Blues and Debussy are my favorite, idiot.

Lightnin' is the only blues guy that matters.