May we begin a language thread?

May we begin a language thread?

ITT: We discuss anything language related.

What have I gotten to say myself?

I speak Spanish, English and French with fluency. Currently learning Greek. I am in love with linguistics, mainly morphology and grammar overall.

Also fuck formatting, know as well a little Russian and German.

I speak English, Russian, and Korean. Has opened me up to a lot of new opportunities, discussion, and people. Pretty happy with it

Nice, I mostly study languages as a thought exercise but I of course appreciate the benefits :-)

Whats the best way to go about learning a new language? Any websites? Pdfs?

I first of all get used to it with shitty apps such as duolingo, later on I try to find some native friends and get grammar books, I think that a solid grammar should be the very first aim.

npuBeT kak dejla? XyuL|bl coceTe? 6o4ku dejlaeTe?

I speek german and english :D

Any websites offering grammar books as pdf/texts? Pref cheap/free.

Is duo lingo the best app?

Welshfag here, can speak a bit of Welsh because it's taught in schools, Currently learning French.

Do not know if it is the best, but that is one of the few I know, ti is generally non specific and ambiguous that is why I hop into grammar books, I do not have a stable reference but always look for pdfs either in google or vk (which incredibly is filled with references ). Reddit might also be great search for subreddits specifically linked to the desired lang.

It's probably not the best time of the day for this thread, but it's nice to find people who is interested in knowing more languages.

Me? I grew on a region with two languages, Spanish and Galician (closely related to Portuguese), then learned English as a 3rd language. Also studied a bit of French and Japanese, so I know the basics, but I'm nowhere near being able to hold a conversation in either.

Wish I've had the time when younger to have learned more of the last two...

Ah okay, thank you

If you, or other anons, have any suggestions, please feel free to suggest.

>had the time when younger to have learned more of the last two...
Tres idiomas fluidos son mas que suficiente :-)

What language are you aiming for?

Gracias user, pero bueno, yo lo veo como tan solo conocer mi lengua natal (que tengo la fortuna de que sean dos), y un idioma extra (el inglés). Es lo común en esta zona.
Sería bonito haber dedicado más tiempo al resto. Al menos aprendí suficiente para poder responder frases sencillas en el aeropuerto o avión, pero me gustaría poder ver una película o serie sin necesidad de subtítulos.
En cualquier caso, gracias user!

To be honest, not entirely sure. I've always been drawn to french and japanese, but mandarin also seems interesting.

Te entiendo, igualmente siempre hay tiempo. Animo y gracias por compartir :-)

Cool, I am not that much into Asian languages, but if I was forced to learn one i'd pick Japanese

Privjet suchka, y menya vce normalno a te kak.
?

english, korean, chinese, japanese

Now, if you learn Spanish the world is yours :D

hahah, if only i had the time (−_−;)

A 9l xo4y cnaTb. ((((

:(, same im tired af

nice to see fellow Linguistfags here
started learning french in high school and it really got me hooked on languages, hoping to study linguistics or someting, currently only know french and english okay and im kinda bad/learning german, russian, japanese, and esperanto, and hoping to take up mandarin next year in college.