What's the appeal?

I have only given it 1 listen in fairness but I didn't like it at all, I was pretty bored? Can y'all explain, please?

it's a shitty album

When You Sleep is one of the best pop songs of the 90s.

it's 2017 now, the 90s are over. this album sucks.

When You Sleep is one of the best pop songs ever.

You're probably not in shoegaze's target demographic: 17 year old chronic masturbators with anime pics in their RYM profile

The guitars are a gigantic noisy but lovely blanket

Ever is the past now, still sucks

No, they are just guitars that suck

I really don't understand this album at all. It does nothing for me whatsoever. And the singer is really unappealing.

>I don't understand :c
>pls spoonfeed me the deep meaning :c
You don't like the way it sounds and you're probably listening to all music incorrectly given your initial reaction to something new.

wrong, i just don't like it and my opinion of music is different which should be acceptable you fucking nazi

those quads speak the truth

In conversational English "I don't understand ______" is often an idiomatic expression meaning "I don't understand why everyone jerks their micrococks to _______"

I wasn't asking for anything to be spoonfed, the album fucking sucks

Heaven or Las Vegas -> You Made Me Realize -> Loveless
there's your introduction

Haven't listened to this yet. What setting should I be in? (Mindstate, physical surroundings, alone/with people, high/sober)

just listen to it you turbo autist

NOPE, heard all those and they fucking suck. just give up,

don't listen to it, it will turn you into a flaming asshole like everyone on this board

All I'm asking is what you like about it muhfucker, it has no deep meaning besides "ughh love and sex and relationships"
Also that's some assumption to make that I listen to music incorrectly just because I don't like one album on the first listen

ok i respect your opinion but greatly disagree

headphones and high volume to get lost in the textures

enjoy

>it has no deep meaning besides "ughh love and sex and relationships"
music has no inherent deeper meaning, you give the music meaning yourself

Is there a single thing that this band does better than The Cure?

suck

Why are newfags this easily triggered?

Definitely use headphones. Should go without say for most music, but definitely this.

The singer and lyrics are mostly distorted and hard to hear the whole time. The appeal for me while listening to it was the sound and feel made. If lyrically dominated music is what you like, you probably won't like this.

I also just heard this album about a week ago and I loved it. The only problems I really had with it were To Here Knows When kind of drags on and could probably be cut down by a minute or so and then also Blown a Wish was kind of meh. Only Shallow, When You Sleep, and Sometimes are great, and I really like Touched too even though it was only 40 seconds. Solid 8/10.

yes, kevin shields is probably a bigger faggot

Interesting point, but I think some music is clear in what meaning it has and some is very interpretable for the listener personally. Either way, I don't get much meaning out of Loveless besides the emotional ups and downs of young relationships

>not saying Friday im in Love is best 90s pop song
Are you even trying

Wow the daily 'I don't get Loveless' thread

Do us all a favor and fuck off and don't post that you "wow finally got this album' thread when you actually 'get' this album.

why do take everything so seriously, you're going to die of a heart attack

Well.

>singer is really unappealing.

kys pleb go Listen to Mac Demarco

nazi scum

So listen again.

>Ever is the past now

sounds like the name of an unreleased MBV song desu

how about listen to your asshole on the toilet for six hours, it's probably better than any recommendation in this shitty thread

Good point desu, I was just wondering is all

>first listen

NO, go eat glass again

whatcha mean jellybean

your first car accident/coma

Next time just check the archive for answers because this "I don't get Loveless meme" is stale as fuck.

so is your whole life

OP/newfag here, never knew this was a meme, my bad

It's just one of those "historically important" albums. The praise it gets has little to do with the actual music quality.

>newfag
Ok, just keep listening to it , it was the "hardest" Sup Forums core album for me to 'get'.

And the reason why everyone's flaming you right now is because we literally get this thread everyday.

everything you write, everyday, is bullshit.

It gets dicey with lyrics, but usually they are vague enough to allow for multiple interpretations. Loveless is different because you can easily choose not to pay attention to the lyrics (because you cant hear them lel) so it could basically be "about" anything you feel.
Keep in mind, meaning in this case doesn't necessarily mean "what do the songs mean" it can also be from an appreciative standpoint (i.e. what did Loveless do to innovate rock music) or strictly from an enjoyment standpoint (i.e. what does Loveless do to fascinate you).
If neither work out for you, that's fine. People judge art in different ways.

Oh so like every Nirvana album?

I liked the album, but honestly what was it you got?

your life is easy to ignore. it won't work out for you. that's fine.

>replying
Evidently I'm not ignorable enough

Honestly the hype on this album is just a big pissing contest to see who can sound the most "~informed/cultured/smart~" while trying to make this thing seem interesting by any means necessary. The only good argument for this album being good is the "revolutionary" recording techniques which were really just trial and error shots in the dark, but whatever. Good for MBV that they were able to market such an average album to such a large group of pretentious people.

you're the shit and this album rules, and anybody who thinks otherwise is wrong

There's nothing pretentious about it, I usually assume that anyone I talk to can understand it. If you think this is pretentious then Kid A must be a fuckin 5 sided rubiks cube.

or just think something you don't but fuck that calling them wrong makes you look better so do that instead

all must think alike and agree and love this album or something is wrong with them

>trial and error shots in the dark
this is usually how experimentalism works

At least explain why it's important so this thread can end. They developed an interesting production style that feels both harsh and beautiful just like how every teenagers see themselves. It got popular then became a blueprint for other bands to riff on or improve on the idea.

That's it. They created a unique sound that got popular just like tons of other bands. End of story.

That's pretty pretentious my dude.

The album itself isn't pretentious. That's not what I said. I doubt MBV themselves care about this album as much as the morons who argue over its "prestige" or whatever. The elitist circlejerk over the album is what's pretentious.

it's a poop that won't come out, and everybody is running around with poop on their butt telling everybody about how poop is wonderful to hide their poop-butt

you like poopy my dude

Can we close this thread now?

flush the toilet all you want, your drawers are still soiled

didigigititis

i don't knoew op. it's my top 1 album all time. maybe you have bad speakers/headphones or have listened 128kbps

maybe your life is 112kbps and your head is bad

why are you like this

Its an acclaimed and beloved album. What about the circlejerk of all these tonedeaf retards patting each other on the back for not understanding something as simple as shoegaze?

>attempting to derive the significance of Loveless from its lyrics

attempting to derive the significance of your life from your poop

>pop

>no words? what the hell? this album doesn't mean shit! truly don't understand why people jerk their micrococks over this one

>What's the appeal?
VROOOOOOOO VREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pooooo peeeeee

>not pop

hot poop

It has the exact same appeal as ambient music, only it's loud and it feels organic because it uses guitars instead of synths

EXACT

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQsdO8e8fwY&index=4&list=LLD8H4MYE7OeaT1BSyzzw1JQ

Sonics and songwriting were equally valued behind the making of Loveless unlike most bands who value one over the other.