Why the fuck is it that whenever a celebrity dies people who never even mentioned them all of a sudden act like they...

Why the fuck is it that whenever a celebrity dies people who never even mentioned them all of a sudden act like they where huge fans? Linkin Park, David Bowie, and prince almost never got talked about but when they died everyone acts like it was their fucking brother or something. "I can't believe we lost this legend" or the always faggoty "good night sweet prince" for celebs that they haven't been talked about in years.

ya know I never gave the slightest fuck about david bowie tbh but his death inspired me to listen to his music and now he's my favorite artist

maybe they really enjoyed their music. you dont know that

This: Did you think befor you posted, OP?

And maybe I'm a leprechaun with a pot of gold hidden in the closet.

david bowie died? fuck..

Well, I am a fan of LP, so when Chester died, I cried myself to sleep that night. Simple.

You can be a huge fan of something without being obsessed with that thing every day of your life to the point that you can be defined as that by other people.

In fact, if you are *such* a huge fan that you can be defined that way, it would not be out of order to tell you to get a life.

This was over a year ago cunt.

I feel the same way. Like the way people wear band shirts to be cool and maybe know one or two songs.

Must be like 14...

Good night sweet prince

Because people don't go around every day telling everyone all of the prople they like all of the time. David Bowie was, without a doubt, the most important and influential artist in my life. But I didn't say "David Bowie is the most important and influential artist in my life" unless someone asked "who is the most important and influential artist in your life".

It's just part of the celebrity obsessed culture we live it. It is why they will cover things like the kardashians and just Bieber on the news instead of shit that is actually important.

/thread
Also, op is a dumbass

celebrities lives matter.. everyone else that suffers from mental health issues is ignored.

fuck chester and that other faggot.

linkin park were forever fucking garbage.

I generally know who my friends favorite artists are just by being around them, car trips, parties, etc. so unless you had a secret David Bowie bunker where you listened to his music and wrote in your diary I think your friends would know. Unless you don't have any.

Who says that his friends didn't know? Are you personally friends with user?

Because people are retarded and just get emotional about whatever is trending in their Facebook feeds and shit, remember when everyone was freaking out about which bathrooms people could use and target allowed people to choose or whatever it was people were up in arms about? In a few weeks this will just be another forgotten moment and people will suddenly care about some other random person or animal that's in the news that they hadn't even heard about until then. It's like when somebody dies or kills themselves and people who didn't even know them or talk to them go on facebook and write big sad paragraphs about how great they were and how they will miss them, it's not really because they care it's to get their own attention

Well, Linkin Park made great music back in the days (the first two albums). I was a fan once...then I hated them for their new music.
Still seeing Chester dead now, reminds me of my youth.
Its not about being a fan anymore. Its more about showing some kind of respect on how his life ended...

Oohhh somebody is mad.

what is important, user?

>David Bowie
>never talked about

That's just plain incorrect.

Nah, seeing you triggered about people paying respect to a singer they probably listened to at one point or another in their life is highly amusing though.

>highly amusing

He says. Trying to act like some superior specimen. Unable to grasp that he's just as much a piece of shit at the rest of us.

This

When I used to work at Walmart there was this old guy that worked as a door greeter. Literally no one ever talked to him other than what was needed for work purposes. Then one day he up and dies and everyone in the store acted like the world was coming to an end.

... David Bowie has never not been talked about you fucking 12 year old retard

I found out prince was dead while talking about how confidence in his quantity got him so much pussy.

He deserves no respect. He took the cowardly way out. All the celebs and athletes whom commit suicide or OD deserve nothing. They were rich, famous, and pampered don't feel bad for them. Feel bad for the men who work dangerous jobs to feed their families. People die everyday that were special or inspirational to others and they don't receive the media hoopla.

I love it when I call people out for being mad and they immediately try to cover it up. Stay mad faggot

Yeah those small time artists like David Bowie and Prince. Nobody EVER talked about them until they died.

I'd be the first to admit I'm a piece of shit. I never claimed to be better than you. I simply like using fancy words. Try using actual arguments next time tho, okay?

"Stay mad faggot" supreme debating skills there m8

Bullshit. Linkin Park was a gateway into alternative music for a lot of people.

so much summer

>I never claimed to be better than this user
>i just make it obvious through how I talk

:^)

you remind me of the babe

The babe with the power

Chester was the mozart of the 20th century

For the same reason people only start talking about artists when they realise new albums or do something different, you cant just expect people to be talking about someone when nothing has even happened.

he's still going

what power?

Ok serious question here, how does me liking to use fancier words while expressing myself = me thinking I'm better than you? I see absolutely no correlation. You seem kinda insecure, user.

The power of voodoo

i bet ur a huge fan of penis fagit

>I like fancy words.

You have the vocabulary of a high school graduate who thinks he has big boy pants now. It's far from fancy m8

Because you faggots are still going. I'm headstrong like that I guess, "fuck you I'm going to have the last word" sort of person.

I did armed security for this asshole once when he had a gig in Cambridge and he was a total fag pussy the entire time.

voodoo?

who do?

what?

Because if they act as a fan that means they lost something which means they gain attention/ sympathy from it. Simple as that

his wife was literally fucking another band member while they had 6 kids

maybe he wouldn't have hung himself if he found better company...

Because people crave attention and will stoop to any low to get it. Linkin Park was a joke for years now all of a sudden this shadow league of super fans has shown it's head. Just wait for some obscure has been like Ashlee Simpson to die. You will have this same bullshit happening again.

Ok... I never claimed to have a big vocabulary tho? I like to sprinkle in a few terms here and there but my vocabulary IS pretty low compared to what it could be. That's not the point here, the point here is that you fags are triggered by people showing respect to an artist they probably admired at some point in their life. And even if they didn't, he was still a huge figure in the music industry.

release*

Reminds me of the babe

>Linkin Park, David Bowie, and prince almost never got talked about
Linkin Park, sure. But Bowie and Prince? Are you fucjtatded?

>shadow league of super fans

Kekles

TBH I can respect that.

way off

But I genuinely was a fan of David Bowie.

>you

I'm not mad about any of that. If you wanna respect the dead, by all means go ahead. Just try not to be a pretentious little cunt while ya do so and maybe people won't call you a pretentious cunt.

I SAW MY BABY

someone had the photo of black humor, the floor is lava of linking park ? please

>linking park

is it a natural human behavior or a cultural thing?

To remember people who have died? Probably natural. The fact that it's so wide spread is cultural though.

It's the opposite these days. People hate just to hate.

Dude. This isn't only related to celebs...ever have a kid in your middle/high school die? Small towns. People turn out like crazy if the death is untimely and then they change the narrative to fit their needs.

I had like four kids die when I was in high school. One was stabbed in a park and no one seemed to care. Another got in a car wreck and everyone was just fucking shattered by it. It's strange.

whoa there. You're putting Bowie and Prince in the same sentence as that dude, whateverhisnameis? This has to be bait.

Is it so bad to pay respect to someone's death anyway?

You realize that to some people Linkin Park was better music. When we are all old you are going to hear people say "In my day we had real music like Justin Bieber and Nikki Minaj. Not like all this bullshit today"

You can smell the high school hallway in this post

LP inspired a shit ton of music and everyone knows Hybrid Theory and probably Meteora. OP if you've really never heard one of their songs you're a fag

Happens in college too

> he doesn't listen to in the end a 64k times

What are you? A fag?

because they are om their minds, because they just fucking died, you idiot. it brings up nostalgia for a band people maybe even havn't listened to in years, but they liked when younger. it means no more art from that person whose art you liked, even if just during a period of your life long since passed.

People miss what they don't have. Why don't you say you love your parents every single day, giving them letters and really showing the world you care? Because they're still alive and life continued on from the last time you saw them.
If your parents are dead, you can still understand the analogy so don't come at me with that "my parents are dead/I don't talk to them much because they were abusive/etc. Don't be dense.

its always sad when someone kills themself. Mental illness is a mother fucker because you can never get away from it. People like Cornell, Bennington and robin williams I feel sad for because they chose to take their own life, which I think suicide stems from mental health. Cornells passing hit me a lot harder than Bennington because I'm a fan of Cornell.

Check em

I really enjoy certain musical artists and listen to them every day. I don't go around stopping people on the street to tell them this. If the artist is alive and well, why the fuck am I going to be talking about them constantly?

Chek'd

same :(

Because people are faggots addicted to the latest #trends, #trends of which may include farming for likes and personal approval/social media approval under the guise of paying (faux) homage to a celebrity who has recently passed.

Please don't cut yourself on all that edge.

most underrated post in the thread. the exact reasoning right here.

Failing to see edge

David Bowie and prince were some of the biggest and most influential artists of the modern times. I'm going to assume this is bait or that your underage and b&

People will mourn his death for at least 2 more days then they will go on and live their lives. I used to think like you OP but you just get used to celebrities off-ing themselves and not even that just catastrophes in the world. People dont mourn Michael Jackson's death on a daily basis or Paul Walker, hell people barely remember the most recent terrorist attack or school shooting. People just want to feel included in something that seems relevant at the time but they move on and forget. It's as simple ass that.