Why is it even an argument? This is easily the best Beatles album. The only sort of weak track is All You Need Is Love...

Why is it even an argument? This is easily the best Beatles album. The only sort of weak track is All You Need Is Love, but it's not even half as lousy as Yellow Submarine or Octopus Garden.

my man
I'm not gonna make any claims of objectivity but it is my favorite

this is barely an album though

Yes, but it definitely fits the criteria now.

*blocks your path*

how?
neither british nor american people heard penny lane, strawberry fields forever, all you need is love, or baby you're a rich man for the first time on the american lp, and even hello, goodbye and i am the walrus were singles in promotion of the lp, plus these songs are from 3 really different eras of their audience and sound
if this is an album so is hey jude

who cares if it's an album or an EP. i have it on CD and i listen to it a lot and it's the shit.

I agree that this is the best Beatles album despite it being several B-sides and special releases glued together. But not liking Octopus' Garden is literally the most pleb thing you can possibly think of The Beatles.

This is the official Beatles canon (minus past masters, but it would look weird with two blank spaces.) Stop trying to claim Magical Mystery Tour is not an album

Who cares if its an officially catalogued LP? It's music that was made in the same set of recording sessions and has a cohesive sound.

totally agree

don't mind me.. just the best beatles album coming thru

the clear victor

is this meant to be chronological?

How can you say this unironically? Its a good album but its definitly not their best. Their best is abbey road

Octopus Garden is amazing wtf

I think The Beatle's post-Pepper psychedelic songs are some of their best and most underrated work IMO.

Only a Northern Song, Flying, It's All Too Much, Hey Bulldog, I Am The Walrus, Blue Jay Way, Your Mother Should Know

Tfw the magical mystery tour will never take you away

The US version of MMT has been canon since the 1987 CD releases. It's an album.

It is chronological, yes I purposefully put Abbey Road after Let it Be

daily reminder

you have to listen to certain songs a certain way to fully appreciate the album

songs to listen to in their original untouched mono format:
flying
mother should know
penny lane
baby youre a rich man
all you need is love

songs to listen to in any recently released stereo format:
magical mystery tour
fool on the hill
blue jay way
i am the walrus
hello goodbye
strawberry fields forever

the songs in mono werent made into proper stereo until later in different releases throughout their catalogue. the mono versions have all the special effects and psychedelia still in them and its the way they were meant to be heard because they were still transitioning to stereo and only certain songs were done that way at the time. guitars sound fuzzier, phasing is more clear, its overall a more tripper experience sonically like they intended

the songs listed in stereo were made into stereo at the time they recorded them so the updated versions all sound fantastic.

the songs in mono have all been released in proper stereo by the way, but in my honest opinion i think they did a major diservice because all the magic is lost. it sounds great and the panning is nice but the trippy sonic landscape is lost. thats my opinion i may be wrong. again i think all the songs made in stereo at the time are phenomenal mixes

i really like this album and you can enjoy it for what it was meant to be with all the sound effects and cool studio wizardry intact. im sure had they not rushed to put it out in late 67 along with the ep, proper stereo mixes and maybe even new songs like its all too much would have been included