Just pulled a 13 hour shift while running on 4 hours of sleep and only taking half of my lunch break. AMA

Just pulled a 13 hour shift while running on 4 hours of sleep and only taking half of my lunch break. AMA

lived like that for a year before i emigrated
seeya

Try 24hr shifts every other day, then come back

Is it worth it?

Do you run on 4 hours of sleep, and is it manual labor?

4 of 5 work days i get between 3 and 6 hours of consistently interupted sleep because of children that dont shut the fuck up.

Start at 4 am and work til im done some days are 16 hours and I dont stop for breaks because those are for pussies.

Still proud user? Welcome to the real world it only gets worse

Decent pay $14.25 hour, 1.5x after 40 hours, only have to work 4 days a week, great benefits, and 401K.

So yea I guess.

You didn't answer if it was manual labor or not. Also no shit, I know it gets worse. That's why I drink.

Also here breaks are required by law.

why arent you asleep yet.
also good job.
you are what drives the economy, you are why this country is the best in the world.

keep going m8

Fuck off robert

what country do you work in?

What do you do for a living? Also how the fuck are you able to do a 13hr shift, do you want to kill yourself afterwards?

boo hoo fuck off

Congrats you're a serf

what's so special here? 13 hour work day is not uncommon. it's your fault you didn't sleep enough.

last week i worked 16 hours manual labour in two consecutive days.

i mean 16h each day, and then 12h the day after that.

In other words "I had a day today"

During my uni studies, I was:
a) Running a business
b) Working two separate jobs
c) Studying "full time"

Managed to get my degree by only attending mandatory tutorials. Looking back, it was 4 years of minimum 14 hour days, most days 16 hours. When I finally sold my business and got a full time job, it took me almost a year to be able to actually do 'nothing' in my spare time. It was the weirdest feeling, working full time and feeling like you're literally on a vacation. Couldn't believe the fact that I could get home after work and actually not work. Realised that that kind of lifestyle will kill you, and should be pushed for no more than a couple years. It was the most stressful time of my life. Loved it though.

I only sleep 4 hours every night. Bad part is that if I sit still for a bit, I start to drift off.

Yeah, i used to sleep 3 or 4 hours a night and work 14 hours a day 7 days a week with 0 breaks.

Fuckoff weakfag sage

Nobody cares

$1563 every two weeks? That sucks. I work 8 hours a day, leave early when I want because I'm salary and still get paid no matter what and make $2500.

what job is this?

Inside sales for pipe, valves and fittings. I also get commission occasionally when I hit my numbers. Cake job though for decent money. I live in southeast Texas too, not LA or some bs where I couldn't afford McDonald's with my salary. All about oil and gas driving the economy down here.